What's on your mind?

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    My mother.
    She’s been sick with a digestive bug for almost 2 weeks.
    She’s 94, I’m terrified, I don’t want her to be hospitalized.
    I feel sure she’d never leave alive.

I hope mum starts improving soon. 🤗
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,516 Member
    edited September 2021
    Insomnia. Why can't I have insomnia on a day I don't need to get up early for work?
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,854 Member
    It's so hard to believe now that Melbourne used to be the "World's Most Livable City". Can't even recognize the place now...at least they're not burning things down yet.

dbduk0p56ma9.jpg

• vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited September 2021
    Tomorrow is first day of lawls omg why am I chuckling 🤭, the first day we have to show proof of vaccination to enter restaurants, gyms, sports arenas ect. I am so anticipating on how this will all play out.

I think I read it’s just temporary.

• dawnfire72
    dawnfire72 Posts: 46 Member
    Wondering when I will feel like leaving home for things other than necessities.
  • Bicepcurl
    Bicepcurl Posts: 286 Member
    I want another vacation! Bummer …
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,253 Member
    Ice cream, I don’t even eat it often at all but a hot fudge sundae or banana split sounds so good right now. 😇
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Just waking up too early and laying here thinking about the old days when me and the ex had a whole friend group going on that I wish I could recreate sometimes. We’d go over to play card or board games, D&D, watch football or something. Like just no pressure hangout, just some early 20 something nerds. Kinda perfect.
    Before anyone drinked. Before everyone broke up. Before the kink community got involved. Even some of the longest running friends hate each other now.
    (Spoiler bc I’m just rambling)
    It’s like something that was so pure and wholesome, unassuming and nice just over time, one by one, turned into toxic sludge. Me and the ex were the first to go. We both went off the rails after the breakup and his friend group was influenced by my ex a lot. Over the years everyone gave up on their morals and it all fell apart.
    Ex is a alcoholic, our good christian couple turned swingers then got divorced. The husband was after me for a long time before I think he finally got it through his head that I’d never be interested. One of the nicest guys originally got a little money in his pocket and became an elitist *kitten* that nobody can stand. It’s sad. None of them are still friends or not like before at least.

I only remained that weird far away fb friend with two of them, the two that remained good people. Crazy creative pirate man that never left his punk/emo phase and the christian wife who I don’t think is christian anymore, nor a wife. I think she lives with kind of a community of friends and handful of farm animals. Sjw all the way. Pirate man runs online pirate communities and makes clothes, figurines, just overall a cool nerd.
    It’s just so bizarre what can happen in 10 years.
    Anyway, I just miss the old days.
    Never really found a better replacement. Just kinda been me by myself and switch out the SO every few years. Just floating around unattached. Watching everyone get weird. (I got weird too don’t get me wrong)

.... 🤔

It’s really hard to come by good people who don’t want anything from you. To not need vices or the promise of a hookup to hang out. Just wholesome fun with people who ‘get’ you.
  • Ladyovthelakes
    Ladyovthelakes Posts: 79 Member
    Coffeeeee
  • Bicepcurl
    Bicepcurl Posts: 286 Member
    Thinking if MFP could randomly delete my posts..?! :neutral:
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Bicepcurl wrote: »

You've lost a post? Maybe you forgot where you posted it ? 😬
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    edited September 2021
    Bicepcurl wrote: »

It is unlikely it was random. Doesn't mean it was "bad", unless you get a warning of course

Things do get deleted sometimes. For example, if someone requests their post be deleted, but you (universal you) already quoted and replied to it, yours would probably get deleted as well 1. to respect the person who asked for the content deletion and 2. because if I just edit their part out your post probably no longer makes sense or is relevant, and its much more time consuming on my end. Similarly, if you respond to a post that is against guidelines, usually the entire chunk of chatter gets pulled even if each post isn't necessarily against guidelines.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,854 Member
    Marcus5696 wrote: »
    It's so hard to believe now that Melbourne used to be the "World's Most Livable City". Can't even recognize the place now...at least they're not burning things down yet.

dbduk0p56ma9.jpg

I doubt the picture tells the whole story. What happened leading up to that?
    Marcus5696 wrote: »

dbduk0p56ma9.jpg

I doubt the picture tells the whole story. What happened leading up to that?

I can't say for sure, I would never join these clowns in their anti-vaccination protests. SOME of these "protestors" really are their just to fight the police and they deserve what's coming for the most part. Its just so bizzare seeing this here, and its mainly just Melbourne...Sydney did have some protests but here it is relentless. I do wonder if something extreme is gonna happen soon, I really hope not.. I generally support the Police, and recognize that they do have to put their foot down on occasion but some of their actions are a lil extreme. But yes, that's just very small section of the force and you can't paint all Cops with the same brush.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb_TuQR4KlA

They are investigating the incident.

Maybe the most unfortunate thing is that the protesters can just use this as ammunition.
  • Ladyovthelakes
    Ladyovthelakes Posts: 79 Member
    How gorgeous Ed Sheeran is..... swoon 😍🤤

Should have gone to Specsavers 😁
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,516 Member
    How hot and stuffy it is on this plane
  • Breakfast