Share Your Day

Replies

• NerdyScienceGrl
    NerdyScienceGrl Posts: 669 Member
    aishmartin wrote: »
    I got to sleep in since I had to wait til mid-morning for my COVID test. After grabbing some coffee, I decided I’d take advantage of the beautiful day off and go for a hike. It smelled so good out …juniper and sagebrush. Maybe not everyone’s cup of tea but brings back good memories. On my way home, I stopped at the Mexican taco truck for a mar y tierra burrito — was super tasty! COVID test was negative and had a nice nap on the sofa — was like a quick staycation 🌞

Hope everyone had a great day!!

So glad that your covid test was negative! We're trapped at home because our 13-year-old son got covid last week (we're thinking at the birthday party - literally it's the ONLY time he's been out and about around other people in almost a year). So far it seems like a light case, but I'm still praying. I mean, he feels terrible, but no moreso than the flu. Thankfully, no one else in the family has gotten sick.

Your day sounds lovely and relaxing. I'm going to try and get out and walk for a bit tomorrow if it doesn't rain.

I imagine it’s extremely difficult to have someone at home with it and especially a child. I hope he recovers quickly and that he continues to have a light case.

It always feels great to get out in the fresh air! 😊
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,546 Member
    Not nearly as beautiful as the Canadian Rockies but is home!

You make your day sound so good!

Where is home? Where are these junipers and sagebrush? The colours are amazing !!!

• NerdyScienceGrl
    Not nearly as beautiful as the Canadian Rockies but is home!

You make your day sound so good!

Where is home? Where are these junipers and sagebrush? The colours are amazing !!!

It really was a good day!

I live in Oregon. Most people who know anything about Oregon think of lush, green, forested areas, but there is sooooo much more. I love the desert!
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    I hope you feel better soon and get some rest. 🤗
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,394 Member
    Oregon beaches, surf crashing ❣️

Quick recoveries!
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    New job confirmed today. Sad to leave old one in some ways, but was getting impossible to do…. Children’s safeguarding here I come …. Out of frying pan into fire?, but at least no expectant caseload anymore! OH bought some champers (Piper-Heidsieck no less) .. might go over with a glass or two!
  • aishmartin
    aishmartin Posts: 468 Member
    Janatki wrote: »
    New job confirmed today. Sad to leave old one in some ways, but was getting impossible to do…. Children’s safeguarding here I come …. Out of frying pan into fire?, but at least no expectant caseload anymore! OH bought some champers (Piper-Heidsieck no less) .. might go over with a glass or two!

Congrats on your new job!
  • Janatki
    Thank you @aishmartin….giving my notice in tomorrow and so excited to start .. new chapter!
  • lauriekallis
    Congrats, Janatki!

What are champers?!
  • Janatki
    Champagne - total decedance!
  • PAV8888
    Not baby duck or pink lady I presume?!😹
  • Janatki
    PAV8888 wrote: »

Ha ha! Had to look this one up …..Er no @PAV8888

• PAV8888
    edited September 2021
    Well, yesterday was interesting! :flushed:

A brilliantly warm day with even cccgg who has spent most summer weekends beach tanning in Greece breaking out the suntan lotion. Since Christina Lake (pop 3000 winter, 35000 summer) was on our path, we stopped for a quick dip in the lake. Cold but refreshing (locals showed up a few hours later once the water had warmed up!)

And there is a reason we know that through a lengthy observation of the locals as it appears that someone (who will not be mentioned) may have inadvertently and permanently mislaid the key to the (successfully locked) car. THE key to the car containing all the coffee, food goodies, booze, did I mention clothes?--all still locked in the exceedingly safely locked and inaccessible trunk!!🤷🏻‍♂️🙀

Oh and keys don't grow on trees and are not standard.... so.... fastest key is... the spare one getting driven by a friend from Vancouver!

So we got towed 210km (3 hours) up and down the mountains to Penticton, thus shortening the key delivery trip by 6 hours (making it an 8 hour turnaround instead of 14) and keeping our prepaid hotel in Penticton!

Where we are heading out to buy some clothes!👍😹😹😹
  • PAV8888
    Janatki wrote: »

Ha ha! Had to look this one up …..Er no @PAV8888

I swear I've actually consumed a pink lady champer as you named it!!!😹
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,583 Member
    @PAV8888 The photos are fabulous - keep 'em coming! So sorry about the car key debacle...your friend is pretty amazing to drive all that way to your rescue!
  • lauriekallis
    I should have googled Piper-Heidsieck! I love it. I somehow was expecting something much less interesting or celebratory? Something tied into "chomping" rather than "champ"!

PAV, the humour in your post kills me. So glad that somehow this feels like part of an adventure rather than a problem.
  • aishmartin
    aishmartin Posts: 468 Member
    Well, yesterday was interesting! :flushed:

A brilliantly warm day with even cccgg who has spent most summer weekends beach tanning in Greece breaking out the suntan lotion. Since Christina Lake (pop 3000 winter, 35000 summer) was on our path, we stopped for a quick dip in the lake. Cold but refreshing (locals showed up a few hours later once the water had warmed up!)

And there is a reason we know that through a lengthy observation of the locals as it appears that someone (who will not be mentioned) may have inadvertently and permanently mislaid the key to the (successfully locked) car. THE key to the car containing all the coffee, food goodies, booze, did I mention clothes?--all still locked in the exceedingly safely locked and inaccessible trunk!!🤷🏻‍♂️🙀

Oh and keys don't grow on trees and are not standard.... so.... fastest key is... the spare one getting driven by a friend from Vancouver!

So we got towed 210km (3 hours) up and down the mountains to Penticton, thus shortening the key delivery trip by 6 hours (making it an 8 hour turnaround instead of 14) and keeping our prepaid hotel in Penticton!

Where we are heading out to buy some clothes!👍😹😹😹

Wow! That's a crazy-sounding day there.
  • Janatki
    OMG @PAV8888 - wot a day & a half!