Summer Weight Loss Challenge 2021(June, July, August and September) A Continuation

Replies

• penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    STARTING WEIGHT AND DATE WITH MFP (MY FITNESS PAL): 202ish lbs in Feb 2021
    YOUR CHALLENGE STARTING WEIGHT FOR THIS CHALLENGE: 182.4 lbs
    YOUR CHALLENGE WEIGHT LOSS GOAL: 161 lbs (-21.4 lbs)
    June 7: 180.4 lbs
    June 14: 181.6
    June 21: 180.2
    June 28: 178.4

June Goal: 178 lbs
    June Actual: 178.4 (0.4 lbs over goal)
    June Loss: 4 lbs

July 5: 176.6
    July 12: 173.8
    July 19: 172.0
    July 26: 174.4

July Goal: 174
    July Actual: 174.4 (0.4 lbs over goal)
    July Loss: 4 lbs

August 2: 170.2
    August 9: 169.4
    August 16: 169.4
    August 23: 167.6
    August 30: 165.2

August Goal: 169
    August Actual: 165.2 (3.8 lbs under goal)
    August Loss: 9.2 lbs

September 6: 163.8
    September 13: 165.2
    September 20: 162.0 (-3.2)
    September 27:

September Goal: 161 (revised from 165)
    September Actual:
    September Loss:

Expected whoosh came :smiley: ! 1lb to meet my revised goal next week - here we go!
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,641 Member
    145320379.png

CHALLENGE TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS GOAL: Total Loss of 15 pounds to land at 191.4
    CHALLENGE STARTING WEIGHT (FROM May 31, 2021): 206.4
    CHALLENGE ENDING WEIGHT:

Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250’s; 240’s; 230’s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180’s; 170's; 160's; 150’s

Challenge Weight loss goal: I am aiming for a 3-5 pound per month.

June 01: 205.6 Starting off good. Now, to stay strong is the real challenge! Good luck everyone!
    June 05: 203.4 Improvement for sure.
    June 12: 205.4 Temporary bloat from Thai food last night. Next week should better reflect progress.
    June 19: 202.6 It’s been a good week of mainly good choices. I’ve felt pretty strong and I hope I can keep up the momentum. I’m keeping all the healthy, low calorie but good foods on my shopping list.
    June 26: 198.6 A great improvement over last week. I have had 3 days of social engagements this week, all involving food (including a wedding). I will work hard to stay in ONEDERLAND!
    June 30: 196.4 I am very pleased with the results of my changes and efforts. But I do have to credit about one pound of the loss due to a 24 hour illness I had. The rest of the month I really dug my heels in and made it happen with good ol’ fashioned hard work! A great job by everyone this month! Let’s keep this ball rolling, my friends!

June Goal: 202.4
    June Actual: 196.4
    Cumulative Weight Loss so Far: 5.0 lbs lost

July 01: 197.6 A bit up on the scale this morning but I think my weight is just re-adjusting after an illness that caused some low scale readings (tummy issues). This is likely my true weight. Now, my plan is to make more changes in order to see more changes!
    July 03 197.8 Up & down all week but ended about the same. I will be working hard this week to make some meaningful progress. Even with a holiday and some travel planned!
    July 10: 197.6 I am promising myself more progress in the coming week. I anticipate less travel and there is no holiday so anything is possible!
    July 17: 195.4 I am happy with this number this week. Now, to make next week’s weigh-in something I can be proud of too!
    July 24: 196.6 Some travel this week has been a bone of contention. Back to some lower calorie and lower carb meals today. Raining very heavy so I will have to be creative with my activity indoors.
    July 31: 192.4 Yay!

July Goal: 198.4
    July Actual: 192.4
    Cumulative Weight Loss so Far: 14 pounds lost!

Aug 01: 191.4 Very little food yesterday due to an emergency with my well. Still no water today. Ugh!
    Aug 07: 190.0 Up & Down all week. Travel didn’t help. However, I am glad to see that I have landed on the downward weight and trend by weigh-in. I plan on keeping up “the good work” and hitting those 180’s!!!!
    Aug 14: 189.6 (trend weight 191.5) Up during travel then back down today. Now – to make real and lasting progress!
    Aug 21: 186.8 (trend weight 189.3) Almost 3 pounds down from last week. I am now much more confident that I am in the 180’s. Next goal is 170’s. I’m hoping to be at my lowest weight since joining MFP (174.xx) by the end of the year. I’ve got to stay focused and remember that I am important too.
    Aug 28: 188.4 (trend weight 188.4) Still trending down but my scale weight was up due to much travel this week and a recent birthday party for my DGD who turned 1. Turning this ship back around. I refuse to lose my progress! I have already met my goal for this challenge and am working on continued progress.
    Aug 31: 186.8 (trend weight 188.3) Water retention gone and back on track after birthday party and several days of travel. This is not my lowest weight of the month, but it is still down by 5.6 which exceeds my goal of a 5 pound loss per month. I am happy to have stayed the course, for the most part, and still enjoyed the month of August and all that it offered. Balance is key for me.

Aug Goal: 194.4
    Aug Actual: 186.8
    Cumulative Weight Loss so Far: 19.6 pounds. Happy Dancing!

Sept 01: 182.8 (trend weight 187.8) I find this weight hard to believe today. 4 pound loss overnight??? (After a 2.4 loss the day before???) My scale is reliable and I stepped on it 3 times but I don’t trust this and consider it a fluctuation. I did everything right. I had TM. I finally slept over 4 and ½ hours which is good for me> But that is a bit much. Traveling today and tomorrow. Plenty of sitting and restaurant food. I’ll be home each night and will keep up with the posts. Friday morning my scale reading will not be pretty but that is how I roll.

Sept 04: 187.5 (trend weight 187.8) Yesterday I found out that my ex-sister-in-law that I’ve known for 46 years died of Covid in South Carolina. She was fully vaccinated and had just turned 64. She was immuno-compromised. Her daughter found her unresponsive in her home (she lived alone). She was alive, but was later determined to be brain dead. She was lucky enough to get a ventilator for a short time since they are scarce, but she was taken off all life support measures when it was determined she would never wake up and never go home. Please, even if vaccinated, mask up in those highly public places. More people love you and don’t want to lose you than you even realize. I spent all evening and night eating my emotions and moving into the 2nd phase of grief = anger. I am surprised the scale didn’t go up. Today I will try hard to be more mindful. The food binges change nothing.

Sept 11: 189.2 (trend weight 188.3) Emotional eating going on and it feels like an avalanche where I’m sliding downward and can’t bring myself to a stop until I hit rock bottom. The good thing is that my CT scans came back with fairly favorable results so that is a relief. Another CT check-up in 6 months but everything is stable for now. University hospital is scheduled on the 16th for another matter (breast cancer in remission with some worries). Hopefully that will go well but I’m very nervous about that one! My drywall man is here today so I can’t leave and I won’t have any privacy for exercise. This evening I will try to get a few things in after he is gone. I’ve got to turn this ship around!
    Sept 18: 187.6 Better than last week but, boy oh boy, has this ever been an up & down week! My doctor appointment at university hospital revealed that I will need some outpatient surgery in a couple of weeks to remove the skin scare completely this time. It was be tested by pathology for breast cancer. If it is clear of cancer, they fear it will turn to cancer later. It was caused by my radiation therapy during my cancer. Radiation often leads to more cancer, so we’ll see what happens. I’m staying positive and using faith and the power of positive thinking to help along a good result. On the weight side, I closed out a different challenge and tracked my weight loss over the past 100 days and my weight loss was 16.2 pounds. I’m very proud of myself! Wouldn’t it be WONDERFUL if I could do that again, right through all the major holidays??? A girl can dream…..

Sept 25: 188.8 Well, I am thrilled that I met goal of 15 lb loss by losing 17.6 pounds. But I have been doing horribly these past couple of weeks so I know it actually could have been much much better. I will hold on to the pride I feel at the loss and the improvement in health and I hope to use it as an incentive to keep going. I always weigh on the first and last day of each month so I will be weighing again on the 30th. If it is lower than today, then I am turning a corner and getting my sh#@ back together. Hoping……

Sept 30: xxxxx

Sept Goal: 191.4
    Sept Actual: xxxxx
    Cumulative Weight Loss so Far: