NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,334 Member
    edited September 2021
    Hello all. Popping in for a moment. I've been to Vermont now after Boston and toured Ben and Jerry's factory. But the tour was closed because of covid but we saw it and the graveyard for discontinued flavors and got to eat some ice cream. I have seen how they get the sap from maple trees and turn it into pure maple syrup. Everything is maple in Vermont. Got to see a nice water front in Burlington. Then today was New Hampshire and we rode a 100 year old train for a scenic route and then we drove up White Mt. It was windy, rainy, foggy and scary. The road is too narrow. We are now in Maine and headed to Bar Harbor tomorrow. The best foliage is in New Hampshire. Once I get all my pics and videos organized I'll post some. Eventually I want to do a blog so I can put a link and people can view them whenever. You know people don't really like looking at someone else's vacation pics. :D Food has been remarkably good and not overdone. Walking has been alot except for yesterday but I went to the gym once we arrived in New Hampshire. Today I haven't done anything when we got to this hotel. I'm tired. I'm just glad we don't have to pack up and go to another hotel. I'm tired of lugging suitcases in and out every day. lol I guess more calories burned.

152/164 Yellow
    No exercise
    25% water

That stinks about Ben and Jerry’s :-( love your idea of a blog. It’s the perfect time to travel in the area. Are you planning on checking out Salem? Gotta also go to Freeport to check out LL Bean. They have like a ll Bean town there. Have a great trip!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @gemwolf110 This is my favorite season too!! I liked seeing your pretty face, but your doggie's pretty face is nice too. :)

@trooworld It’s good that you tracked even though you didn’t have the best day. I think that is a real key step for us all to remember. What did you do with the magazines? Are you making room for the Tonal? :)

@theslightedgeforever Your New England trip sounds so amazing! I have always wanted to go on the kind of tour you are doing, but haven’t ever had the chance. Hubby lived there for almost 40 years and talks about all the sights he could take me to. :)

@cbabie Wow, 4 miles on your bike is great! I bet you can really feel your legs getting stronger? :)

Hi everyone! Life has been busy around here. Yesterday, hubby and I drove an hour each way to attend the funeral of my pastor’s father. It was a very nice service. Hubby and I talked a lot about our own deaths and what we would want for each other if one of us died. Might sound morbid but I actually find a lot of comfort in talking to him about this stuff. He is 78 years old, and facts are facts. The last thing I want is for him to die and for me to wish we had talked more about life without each other, which really is unimaginable. :# Today starts a 100-day challenge for my Fat2Fit group that I started. We have 100 days until December 31st, and I want to end this year feeling like I did all I could to get closer to my goal weight. I think with the holidays and vacation next month this challenge will help keep me mindful and it’s always fun doing it with others. :)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,862 Member
    @gemwolf110 Oh gosh I bet it is beautiful there right now.

@TeresaW1020 Yes, it is important to honestly track. Oh, it was at work: I was shifting the magazine boxes to make room for new magazines. I have to do it every couple of months but right now I have extra shifting to do because I moved a whole section to another area. I'll have to do more shifting on Monday when I'm in. It kind of tweaks my back but I do it anyway. We already made room for the Tonal in the spare room. :D That's good that you talked about your wishes after death. I think so many people avoid the subject and then later regret it. I'm looking forward to the 100 day challenge, too.

Hi all. I have a headache this morning but hopefully the Ibuprofen I took will take it away. I was over yet again yesterday and have pretracked today and will be over again today. Today, I will have consumed 1712 calories so I think that is okay, they may be asking me to stick a little low on the calorie end.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • gemwolf110
    Happy Friday!!!!
    TGIF

Glad this week is almost over looking forward to a day off tomorrow.
    I forgot to weigh in this morning smh will have to do that tomorrow morning. Need to make myself a reminder.

~ Missy
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Hey everyone, it's been a while for me! Still here plodding along. I started again so I'll be here a while!
  • roz0810
    Signed upto WW again. tried it last year but didn't commit fully. I'm ready this time!!
  • gemwolf110
    roz0810 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, it's been a while for me! Still here plodding along. I started again so I'll be here a while!
    Signed upto WW again. tried it last year but didn't commit fully. I'm ready this time!!

Morning! Same here minus rejoining WW. You’ve got this!
  • gemwolf110
    edited September 2021
    bwel43zegsvc.jpeg

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Apple Picking with the family is planned for today along with a virtual graduate school open house.

And ouch I weighed myself. I definitely stress ate this week.

CW 225.4
    HW 225.4
    GW 110

Mini Goals (MG)
    MG1- be under 200
    MG2 - 175
    MG3 - 150
    MG4 - 125

Can’t wait to see the doctor to make sure my foot is completely healed. Need to get back to Zumba and walking my dogs.
  • gemwolf110
    trooworld wrote: »
    @gemwolf110 Oh gosh I bet it is beautiful there right now.

@TeresaW1020 Yes, it is important to honestly track. Oh, it was at work: I was shifting the magazine boxes to make room for new magazines. I have to do it every couple of months but right now I have extra shifting to do because I moved a whole section to another area. I'll have to do more shifting on Monday when I'm in. It kind of tweaks my back but I do it anyway. We already made room for the Tonal in the spare room. :D That's good that you talked about your wishes after death. I think so many people avoid the subject and then later regret it. I'm looking forward to the 100 day challenge, too.

Hi all. I have a headache this morning but hopefully the Ibuprofen I took will take it away. I was over yet again yesterday and have pretracked today and will be over again today. Today, I will have consumed 1712 calories so I think that is okay, they may be asking me to stick a little low on the calorie end.

It is and it’s getting to be. Next month is the biggest changing of the leaves month. Love the change in the air and weather. I’m hoping to take some time off that maybe I can take the pack up north a bit for a hike once doc says I’m good to go.
  • roz0810
    gemwolf110 wrote: »

Thank you :)
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 wrote: »

Thank you :)

You’re welcome!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,862 Member
    @gemwolf110 I'm looking forward to the weekend as well. Happy Saturday! Apple picking sounds like a perfect fall event. You and I are about the same weight. A hiking trip would be great in that weather. I hope you get to go.

@roz0810 Hi! You sound ready. Let's do this!

Hi all. I have a very busy weekend ahead of me: today, we are celebrating my birthday and my mother-in-law's birthday as well. We will be bringing food over to my brother-in-law's apartment: Hawaiian Roll Ham Sliders, a salad, and Lemon Poke Cake. I have to go to the grocery stores first for all of this goodness. Then tonight, my husband is making me my favorite celebration dish, my recipe for Cajun Seafood Pasta. Tomorrow, we have a 7:00 a.m. reservation at a restaurant that is supposed to be good. Only catch is that it is 1 1/2 hours away from us, so we'll have to leave at 5:15 a.m. to get there on time. ;) After eating, we will take a walk on the beach with a coffee and then drive home.

• roz0810
    Happy birthday!! Hope u have a great day.
  • gemwolf110
    trooworld wrote: »
    @gemwolf110 I'm looking forward to the weekend as well. Happy Saturday! Apple picking sounds like a perfect fall event. You and I are about the same weight. A hiking trip would be great in that weather. I hope you get to go.

@roz0810 Hi! You sound ready. Let's do this!

Hi all. I have a very busy weekend ahead of me: today, we are celebrating my birthday and my mother-in-law's birthday as well. We will be bringing food over to my brother-in-law's apartment: Hawaiian Roll Ham Sliders, a salad, and Lemon Poke Cake. I have to go to the grocery stores first for all of this goodness. Then tonight, my husband is making me my favorite celebration dish, my recipe for Cajun Seafood Pasta. Tomorrow, we have a 7:00 a.m. reservation at a restaurant that is supposed to be good. Only catch is that it is 1 1/2 hours away from us, so we'll have to leave at 5:15 a.m. to get there on time. ;) After eating, we will take a walk on the beach with a coffee and then drive home.

Happy Birthday!!!!
  • gemwolf110
    Has anyone here had any experience with Hello Fresh? My friend gifted one of those $100 off. So first box will cost me 16.95, second 26.95, third $36.95 and fourth 46.95, 56.95 after that every week for 4 meals a week. Tempted but nervous to spend money on unknown.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    My dd has done quite a few Hello Fresh & liked them. I tried a few, they were good, but expensive when we already had a freezer full of meat, lol. Other dd really liked something similar, but they were expensive, too.
  • gemwolf110
    My dd has done quite a few Hello Fresh & liked them. I tried a few, they were good, but expensive when we already had a freezer full of meat, lol. Other dd really liked something similar, but they were expensive, too.

I’ll probably only keep it while it’s discounted and save the recipes for later or it might even help me with budgeting. We will see.
    And kinda cool we just made 7777 comments!

fpjmilgiuwat.jpeg
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    They did help one dd (who is not a cook!) fix more at home meals. Unfortunately picky kids wouldn’t eat them, lol. I think we all have saved the recipes.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @gemwolf110 I used to do Hello Fresh a few years ago and I liked it a lot at first. It was fun making new things that I wouldn’t ordinarily make. If I didn’t have to please two other people in my house besides myself, I would totally do it again. :grin: Wow, we sure have been posting on this thread for a long time!! :)

@RetiredAndLovingIt Hey stranger! How have you and the family been doing? It’s pumpkin season again. Did you DH grow them this year? :)

@trooworld How is the birthday weekend going? Have you enjoyed eating all the things! B)

Hello! Not much has been going on. I’ve been totally loving our amazing fall weather and hanging out on my screened porch doing my Bible study or scrolling mindlessly on TikTok. I have to put a timer on myself when I’m on there or I will just keep watching cute animal videos forever. :D My workouts and eating have been going well. I’m excited about my shopping trip to the outlet mall on Tuesday and I hope I can find some cute things to wear. DH is going to take us out to a nice lunch too, so I need to figure out what I will eat that won't blow my calories.