Excited Newby

Hello! I had a friend introduce me to this site, and so far I'm loving it! I am desperately trying to lose 60lbs and get back to a healthy weight. I try to love my body the best i can, but that can be difficult at my current situation. Please, all the support that can be thrown my way is needed.

Replies

• Hello! I had a friend introduce me to this site, and so far I'm loving it! I am desperately trying to lose 60lbs and get back to a healthy weight. I try to love my body the best i can, but that can be difficult at my current situation. Please, all the support that can be thrown my way is needed.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    welcome to mfp!! we have a thread called Bring It!..its about being dedicated and just Bringing It in regards to excercise and eating right here is the link I hope to see ya there http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/43632-bring-it-part-iii-team-no-excuses-in-march
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    You can do whatever you set out to do! Best of luck to you! The tools on the site are great & if you use them properly, you will have great success! :flowerforyou:
  • rstarks54
    rstarks54 Posts: 163
    Welcome, and best to you!! Remember the old Taoist saying when you dislike the way you look....It is not the vessel that is useful, but the space within....
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this site if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hello! I had a friend introduce me to this site, and so far I'm loving it! I am desperately trying to lose 60lbs and get back to a healthy weight. I try to love my body the best i can, but that can be difficult at my current situation. Please, all the support that can be thrown my way is needed.

Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :love:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • PinkShoes
    PinkShoes Posts: 269 Member
    Hi and welcome!
    I know exactly what you mean by trying to love your body no matter what...and even though it is true that you should, it can be hard sometimes. Just remember that you deserve to be healthy and happy! Everytime I don't feel like exercising or everytime I almost eat that bowl of ice cream, I tell myself I am worth taking care of! Try and tell yourself that everday!
  • Today is my first day on this site and already, I have realized how badly I eat. I am definitely going to keep up with the food diary. I'm tired of being the "fat" friend. :tongue:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Today is my first day on this site and already, I have realized how badly I eat. I am definitely going to keep up with the food diary. I'm tired of being the "fat" friend. :tongue:

Good for you! That's all I needed too! When I came here, I found out right away that all I needed was to see my numbers and "work with them", and have a determined attitude. And as you'll see by my profile pics, MFP REALLY, REALLY works! Stick with it, and it will work for you TOO! :smile: