My diet is holding me back!!

Options
I lost my dad last year to pancreatic cancer and gained 50lbs. And I was 13lbs away from my goal weight 280lbs. Any pointers will be helpful! I workout a lot but you can't out work a bad diet.

Replies

• NerdyScienceGrl
    NerdyScienceGrl Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss. I don’t have any great advice. Sounds like you had something that worked for you. I restarted at the beginning of the year and just returned to things that worked before - healthy eating habits, eating in a deficit and moving my body. Good luck!
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,421 Member
    Options
    @_ORIGINAL_BEAST_ welcome back, R. Just go slow. One small step at a time. Log your food. All of it and honestly. Then make small changes. Nothing drastic that makes it too overwhelming. It’s good you’re here again. Big hugs.
  • russellholtslander1
    Options
    You know what works.. you are simply farther from your goal than before.. start over when you are ready, and just stick to it, and you will reach your goal eventually. Good Luck!
  • _ORIGINAL_BEAST_
    _ORIGINAL_BEAST_ Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss. I don’t have any great advice. Sounds like you had something that worked for you. I restarted at the beginning of the year and just returned to things that worked before - healthy eating habits, eating in a deficit and moving my body. Good luck!

Thank you so much! I did have something that worked but I just can find it again.
  • _ORIGINAL_BEAST_
    Options
    Oh gosh, much love being sent your way.

I lost my mum last year to cancer.
    I live in Canada my mum is, whoops, did live in Scotland.
    It was very hard and very difficult time. I did manage to get to Scotland, but had to quarantine, and only managed to spend the last 2 weeks with her.

What I found helped me during the 3 month I was there coping with her death and wrapping up her estate, and after while I was a grieving mess, was knowing my portion sizes, and sticking to them.

What I would do, if I was you, is go back and look at your MFP diary and start following the successful eating patterns you had previously.

Treat yourself kindly, forgive yourself. Grieving takes many forms. I have gone from active in this board to a lurker, I just don’t have the energy, one year later, to give to others.

For me, personally, I have maintained my weight but, my fitness level has declined considerably. COVID closed the gyms and I have little inspiration to work out at home.

Again, treat yourself kindly but start looking toward your goal.
    Heck I give myself a high five if I link one hour of exercise together. You do it for food.

Sorry I can’t help more.

Cheers, h.

Thank you! And my condolences to you and yours❤🙏🏽 I also know exactly what you mean. I loss interest in everything and ended up deleting my mfp account. And I never log my food I guess I should start there.

I appreciate the advice and I believe this will help me a lot. Thanks again!!
  • _ORIGINAL_BEAST_
    Options
    Cat0703a wrote: »
    @_ORIGINAL_BEAST_ welcome back, R. Just go slow. One small step at a time. Log your food. All of it and honestly. Then make small changes. Nothing drastic that makes it too overwhelming. It’s good you’re here again. Big hugs.

Thanks C you're absolutely right🤗😘
  • _ORIGINAL_BEAST_
    Options
    You know what works.. you are simply farther from your goal than before.. start over when you are ready, and just stick to it, and you will reach your goal eventually. Good Luck!

Thanks bro💯 Im ready now! I just have to snap out of the bad habits.