Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,578 Member
    Woohoo!!! New pic, Connie :) I so wish these pictures were bigger though - I can barely see.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Woohoo!!! New pic, Connie :) I so wish these pictures were bigger though - I can barely see.

If you go to my profile you can make it a little bigger….I wish my I pad would let me post pictures…are you on Facebook?
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    fyfs4q9hombl.jpeg

Supper tonight

@Dante_800’s Greek Tomato Peas Stew 😍
  • lauriekallis
    It works! I can actually see you on your profile page. What a beautiful lady you are, Connie. But no matter how classy your natural looks are, I think you're getting to the "Hot Mama" stage.

That stew looks wonderful, Janatki! I'm starting a "fill a second freezer" cooking endeavour so that I will have healthy, delicious food to eat when I hit my one-armed cooking status at the end of next month. The assistant said I could count on 6 weeks - maybe up to 8. So I want to be prepared. Can't eat pizza for two months (well I could, but....)

This will definitely be one of the dishes stashed away!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,525 Member
    These long recovery times scare me!
  • lauriekallis
    But, all that aside, despite the hamsters insisting on being fed to deal with these thoughts, today's meals to come will include that reliable egg and veggie meal "lunch" and hopefully tonight will see some chili (that I bought all the fixings for yesterday night). That is today's meal plan. It is midafternoon and so far so good today!

(Take that hamsters)
  • Janatki
    @lauriekallis I’d defo recommend that stew - mint & dill go soooooo great together, I only used a tbs of olive oil ( sorry @Dante_80! … felt lovely & healthy eating it….Will be nice when recovering from your op!

Need a second freezer here too! Doing @Bella_Figura’s spicy bean burgers next!

Supper tonight is Chip shop fish & chips, as have footy & will be a late night, but plan to have to factor the calories in over the week… not going to stress about it!
  • Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 475 Member
    edited September 2021
    Janatki wrote: »
    @lauriekallis I’d defo recommend that stew - mint & dill go soooooo great together, I only used a tbs of olive oil ( sorry @Dante_80! … felt lovely & healthy eating it….Will be nice when recovering from your op!

Hehe thanks for sharing, and it looks delicious too. Agreed, dill and mint make a mighty combo. Still too little oil for an oil stew, but at this point I think it might just be a cultural thing for us here..after all, we do consume around 20lt of olive oil per person here annually .. at minimum..

(a massive world record apparently). :D

• aishmartin
    aishmartin Posts: 468 Member
    amart4224 wrote: »
    I've become a dried fig and flavored goat cheese addict... Spiced Pumpkin flavor is this week's treat! I'm a little weirded out that I bought a different brand of figs and they look completely different, but they taste fine, so...?

Pumpkin spiced goat cheese. That's a new one on me. Glad it tastes good with the figs :)
  • aishmartin
    aishmartin Posts: 468 Member
    Tonight I'm having what we call "Pork Chop Soup" which is thin-sliced pork chops in the crockpot with cream of mushroom soup, salt, and pepper over rice/riced cauliflower.
  • Janatki
    I've become a dried fig and flavored goat cheese addict... Spiced Pumpkin flavor is this week's treat! I'm a little weirded out that I bought a different brand of figs and they look completely different, but they taste fine, so...?

ehpx2qwybwy8.jpg
    awg68otb3nzz.jpg

New one on me too! Love figs! I’d be interested to know how many cals @amart4224?
  • conniewilkins56
    It works! I can actually see you on your profile page. What a beautiful lady you are, Connie. But no matter how classy your natural looks are, I think you're getting to the "Hot Mama" stage.

That stew looks wonderful, Janatki! I'm starting a "fill a second freezer" cooking endeavour so that I will have healthy, delicious food to eat when I hit my one-armed cooking status at the end of next month. The assistant said I could count on 6 weeks - maybe up to 8. So I want to be prepared. Can't eat pizza for two months (well I could, but....)

This will definitely be one of the dishes stashed away!

Thank you…my mom was a beautiful woman and I think I look like my dad!…I am high maintenance…..my husband will verify that!….
  • conniewilkins56
    Lean burgers, mixed vegetables, and a huge salad….simple, clean and no food touching….
  • amart4224
    amart4224 Posts: 345 Member
    Janatki wrote: »

ehpx2qwybwy8.jpg
    awg68otb3nzz.jpg

New one on me too! Love figs! I’d be interested to know how many cals @amart4224?

It's about 200 for everything on the plate - 120 cals for 48g of figs and 80 cals for 28g of the cheese.
  • lauriekallis
    I would expect nothing less, Connie!
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    NerdyScienceGrl Posts: 669 Member
    edited September 2021
    Avocado toast with spinach, tomato, Canadian bacon, and over easy eggs
    With fresh pineapple and licorice root herbal tea