What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 432 Member
    Mussels over spaghetti and salad of romaine, cucumber, olives, cheese curds, mixed nuts w/PK Caesar dressing.

aanpdr00j4l6.jpeg

Cheese curds in a salad? I’m intrigued!! I’ll have to try this as I just moved to WI!
  • janicemlove
    0r80xzche2r7.jpegI had some garden tomatoes to use up and was craving pizza so tomato basil pizza w zucchini chips on the side.
  • janicemlove
    l8pazzoa1mzh.jpeg
    Pigs in a blanket! I’ve been craving them for a while but don’t have time to make them.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    edited September 2021
    ^^ interesting how different phrases mean different things around the world.

To me ‘Pigs in Blankets’ are chipolata sausages wrapped in bacon. Your picture is closer to a Sausage Roll, although it’s not entirely the same, because to me that looks like the wrapping is closer to bread than puff pastry.

Curious as to what others call small sausages wrapped in bacon?
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    ^^ interesting how different phrases mean different things around the world.

To me ‘Pigs in Blankets’ are chipolata sausages wrapped in bacon. Your picture is closer to a Sausage Roll, although it’s not entirely the same, because to me that looks like the wrapping is closer to bread than puff pastry.

Curious as to what others call small sausages wrapped in bacon?

I call them both pigs in a blanket. Hehe
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,551 Member
    First breakfast in Paris was so heavy we skipped lunch. Going for the plain omelette tomorrow.
  • acpgee
    Dinner 2 in Paris of salade landaise in one of my hubby’s favourite bistros in the Quartier Latin.

• BarbaraHelen2013
    Weirdly green meal! It wasn’t until I was plating it that I realised what I’d created. 😂

Quorn Fillets on a bed of wilted spinach, topped with Green Harissa, Green Tomato and a little Edam. Side of Runner Beans with Lemon Pepper and a salad I decided to make out of only green things. 🤷‍♀️

65eofox0dd3t.jpeg
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Pork belly street tacos and refried beans. The pork belly was treated with a rub for a couple of hours and then slow cooked in the oven at 275F (135C) in liquid for a couple more hours. The liquid was milk, coke and orange juice. The rub had salt, pepper, three different kinds of chili powder (ancho, arbol & new mexican), cumin, cinnamon and allspice. I might have forgotten something. Tacos were topped with mango salsa, cilantro and cotija cheese. The mango salsa consisted of mango, onion, cilantro, roasted hatch chiles, lime juice and salt. Normally I would do refried black beans but it turned out we didn't have any so we used great northern beans instead. It still worked. We added pico de gallo to the beans and topped with pickled onions, cilantro and cotija. Tortillas are made fresh at a local store albeit automated. The hatch chiles are also roasted at the store and super cheap. They usually do poblano which I prefer but this time they only had hatch. I forgot about the cotija until after I took the photo.

su9tsmihg963.jpeg

• Tito_Tim
    Tito_Tim Posts: 72 Member
    Tofu katsu with carrot & cucumber on a bed of rice. With homemade katsu sauce. Usually I have pork or chicken, but changed things up with a rare piece of tofu. Why is tofu more expensive than pork & chicken?
    (I took the pic before I added ground pepper - oops)

o5v61mh1pd7s.jpg

• acpgee
    I am jealous of the cheerful fabric pouch that @helen79uk has for keeping tortillas warm. I think I have the same tortilla press.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    Wholewheat Spaghetti with Broad Beans, Tomato, Capers and Black Olives. Bit of Pecorino Romano on top.

wui420do7rxx.jpeg
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Grilled chicken "tacos" using romaine instead of tortillas to keep calories lower. Chicken thighs marinated in orange juice, olive oil, three kinds of chili powder, garlic powder, allspice, cumin and lime juice. Taco toppings were kiwi salsa (kiwi, onion, lime juice, hatch chiles & salt), sour cream, tomatoes, cotija cheese and freshly squeezed lime juice.

gfl5rrauroov.jpeg