Serial Starters

Replies

• FABRICWOMAN
    FABRICWOMAN Posts: 539 Member
    Starting again here. The only difference this time is that I am not beating myself up. As a saying I am fond of says "Sure, it's a slow process, but quitting won't speed it up". Wishing everyone here a healthy weight loss journey.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    pyjpgwohtiel.jpeg
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,321 Member
    Good evening,

Miss Snottypants strutted into the boss' office but wasnt real happy coming out and it was a cold silence this afternoon (at least it was quiet).

Walking breaks as the weather is cooler, RAIN possible tonight in the area north of SF. Biggest fire is there so good place to rain.

Mac and cheese for dinner and it just is.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • gemwolf110
    plctakzuguxt.jpeg
  • gemwolf110
    Good evening,

Miss Snottypants strutted into the boss' office but wasnt real happy coming out and it was a cold silence this afternoon (at least it was quiet).

Walking breaks as the weather is cooler, RAIN possible tonight in the area north of SF. Biggest fire is there so good place to rain.

Mac and cheese for dinner and it just is.

Sounds like miss snotty pants didn’t get what she was hoping for. It’s getting cooler here too. Making it better for walking. Stay safe!
  • Morning!

Happy to report that I dropped 0.7 of the 1lb I put back on so that’s a better start to today.

Glad to hear the snotty one isn’t getting all her own way Sara!

Happy Tuesday all 😊
  • gemwolf110
    So I had extra time this morning and made a veggie and cheese crustless quiche. I added a package of Green Giant Antioxidant blend which I’ve never done before with quiche so I’ll see how it tastes when done. It smells good though.

ycdftbf0n9ye.jpeg
  • gemwolf110
    It looks delicious! Going to have it with some salsa maybe

qmz30jjdxdju.jpeg
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,823 Member

Oh, Missy - that looks wonderful! Please send some down to me! 😋

Sara - glad to hear Miss Snottypants kept quiet after complaining 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Lana

261.8 today
    271.2 highest
    243.0 🦃 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening

Passed out after work. I had to get myself up and eat something (piece of bread and peanut butter to start....).

Snottypants came early to work and will not walk past my cubicle. It just makes me laugh.

Seems they are running two reports a day- bidaily? - on our departments production now - we do NOT need any more pressure thank you- but it is making Monster nervous.....Imagine if people had to start coming back to the office? Or maybe Monster is just blowing smoke out her backside???? Lying is something she is known for doing.

Quiche - Missy- key is to have on a high heat 425 for 15-20 minutes to set it and then lower temp to 375. Yours look wonderful and I hope you make more.

For the last couple of weeks I have had a to do list on Wednesday - not tomorrow. So we shall we what happens.

• gemwolf110

Lana

261.8 today
    271.2 highest
    243.0 🦃 goal

Will do!!!

Here’s the recipe. Cooking temp and time I’m going to do Sara’s recommendation next time.

Quiche-
    9 eggs whisked with milk
    1 package of green Giant Antioxidant blend
    1 cup ish of Mexican 4 cheese
    1 cup ish of feta crumbles
    1-2 cups of diced onion

Spray pie pan with Pam
    Put veggies and cheese in first then egg and milk mixture. Mix together.

Oven at 350 of 50-60 minutes
  • gemwolf110
    Good evening

Passed out after work. I had to get myself up and eat something (piece of bread and peanut butter to start....).

Snottypants came early to work and will not walk past my cubicle. It just makes me laugh.

Seems they are running two reports a day- bidaily? - on our departments production now - we do NOT need any more pressure thank you- but it is making Monster nervous.....Imagine if people had to start coming back to the office? Or maybe Monster is just blowing smoke out her backside???? Lying is something she is known for doing.

Quiche - Missy- key is to have on a high heat 425 for 15-20 minutes to set it and then lower temp to 375. Yours look wonderful and I hope you make more.

For the last couple of weeks I have had a to do list on Wednesday - not tomorrow. So we shall we what happens.

Oh coworkers. Sounds like a lot of stress. I’m going to try what you suggested on my next quiche. I went by a recipe that said 350 for 20-25 minutes. Obviously that didn’t work as I thought lol.
  • LanaCabana537

Good morning everybody ~~

Just a quick hello, as I have to hurry to be on time for the Wednesday ladies walking group.....

*tossing beach bag and mystery novel onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

261.2 today
  • gemwolf110 wrote: »

Lana

261.8 today
    271.2 highest
    243.0 🦃 goal

Will do!!!

Here’s the recipe. Cooking temp and time I’m going to do Sara’s recommendation next time.

Quiche-
    9 eggs whisked with milk
    1-2 cups of diced onion

Spray pie pan with Pam

Looks and sounds amazing! But what is Pam? I don’t think we have it here? Thinking it must be some kind of low calorie cooking spray maybe?

Hope everyone has had a good hump day, I’m so glad tomorrow is Thursday as that’s my last working day of the week. Sara your co workers sound dreadful, I hope things get better for you.

I decided I wasn’t happy with my losses so far (since I have so very much to lose) so I’ve dropped my calories to 1000 a day and am exercising more now. Here’s hoping it works!

Have a good rest of your day 😊
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 wrote: »

Lana

261.8 today
    271.2 highest
    243.0 🦃 goal

Will do!!!

Quiche-
    9 eggs whisked with milk
    1-2 cups of diced onion

Spray pie pan with Pam

Looks and sounds amazing! But what is Pam? I don’t think we have it here? Thinking it must be some kind of low calorie cooking spray maybe?

Hope everyone has had a good hump day, I’m so glad tomorrow is Thursday as that’s my last working day of the week. Sara your co workers sound dreadful, I hope things get better for you.

I decided I wasn’t happy with my losses so far (since I have so very much to lose) so I’ve dropped my calories to 1000 a day and am exercising more now. Here’s hoping it works!

Have a good rest of your day 😊

Yes it’s a cooking spray. Pam is just the brand name for it.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon,

Most of my to do list is done, I have 1400 steps to get my 5k.

Slept in as I was so tired. So only 2 meals today - snacking is another story.

Pork/red potatoes roasted and broccoli slaw on tap for next two dinners. Mac and cheese leftover for lunch tomorrow.

Temps and air quality are making it easier to go out and walk.

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • Happy Thursday all!

Thanks for the info about Pam, we have one cal spray here so I’m thinking it’s the same thing. It’s my day off tomorrow so I might give the quiche a go then.

Delighted to report that I got my first stone (14lbs) gone this morning! Only another 8 to go! Lots of walking yesterday so no treadmill last night. Maybe tonight.

Sara I hope you’re less tired today.

Have a good day all 😊
  • LanaCabana537
    edited September 2021
    THURSDAY, September 30th
    Wow, it's the last day of September! Time is flying.

Missy - look at that wonderful array of Flooofies!!!! I want to come to your house and dive into all of that fur and snuggle with them.....and brush them too! 😍
    Wishing you good news from the doctor about your foot~

Nikki - do be careful of your weight loss expectations. Dropping your calorie intake to below 1200 per day may actually make your body resistant to losing, especially if you are exercising. They say we shouldn't lose more than 2 pounds per week 🤗
    Maybe work in a little bit of the exercises that build muscle.
    Hugs~

Sara - your pork dinners sound really good! Mmmmm!

Waving to Lynn and Tracy and Roz and Runa and everyone else who pops by later on 🌴

Lana

262.0 today
  • Missy your dogs are gorgeous! We have hairies too but ours are English Settters. Very fluffy but maybe not as much as yours! Hope the foot doctor goes well.

Lana I’m so heavy right now that if I went to my GP and asked they would probably give me a gastric bypass on the NHS, so I think at this point anything that gets the weight off quickly is a good start. I did see our practice nurse and discussed it with her and se feels the same way. We’re going to do monitoring appointments once a month with blood tests every 3 just in case it’s needed. Thank you though, I know going under 1200 worries people and it’s not ideal long term. My plan is to get about 75lbs down and then reintroduce some more calories. It’ll mean a shift up as I adjust but I’m more of a risk as I am.