Mission Slimpossibles - Team Chat SEPTEMBER 2021

Replies

• vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,113 Member
    Quick pop-in to ask all the prayer warriors on here to please pray for Hunter. She went to the ER yesterday and left last night without her gallbladder. She is not able to keep anything down and she's (obviously) in a lot of pain. I had mine removed 21 years ago, so I was able to let her know what to expect, but we all know surgery is never easy.

So far, I have not done any stress eating and I've stayed on track.

And on to surgery for my mom tomorrow morning... this caregiver is gonna take a mini vacation next month!

NO MORE EXCUSES
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,473 Member
    @trooworld Happy birthday! I love apple cake, yum!

@vegan4lyfe2012 I'm praying for Hunter, no surgery is never easy then your digestive system is al wacky. She's lucky she has you to support and guide her with it. Way to go on no stress eating, especially with your mom going into surgery too. I'm praying for her as well.

Nothing really new here, spent the day running errands and gardening. I didn't go to the food bank farm because it rained last night and I have to sit everywhere and didn't feel like getting wet first thing when I wake up. I had my brother blow up my exercise ball today so I'll try a workout with it in the morning when I get home from the pain clinic. Ironically I picked up the prescription from my last appointment today because my insurance was fighting me so bad it took awhile to go in, if I didn't feel lousy I would've skipped out of the pharmacy with it! For some reason I'm getting an explosion of tomatoes right now, I'm going to make Skinnytaste's Greek pasta salad to take to my brother's for my birthday to get rid of some of them. I'm doing good with my 100 day goals except for protein, I'll try harder the next few days!
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Wednesday
    PW: 131.0
    CW: 130.8
    Yesterday was my 25th anniversary so I’m somewhat proud of my scale for being gentle this morning 😁

100 days countdown:
    -diary in green or zero: 5/6
    -no days under 10,000 steps: 6/6

True I leave in the south so my winter is somebody’s late spring temperature wise, but this year I’m determined to not gain the winter fluff. Thank you for doing the 100 days commitment! My pants needed a kick 😂
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Oh dear, I'm so sorry about Hunter. My thoughts are with you guys.

@Katmary71 Thank you, yes, it was a perfect fall dessert! I'm sorry you are struggling with pain. I hope the prescription helps. Too many tomatoes sound like a good problem to have! :D

@GabiV125 Happy anniversary!!! Yes, the scale being down on the day after an anniversary is indeed a victory!

100-day challenge commitments:
    1. I will put my utensil down between bites. ✘
    2. Chew slowly and chew enough. ✘

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Daily goals :
    Date: 09/27
    Username: murdog3t
    Log food: ✅
    7000 steps: ✅
    45 min exercise: ✅
    30 min walk: ✅
    Below 20g carbs: no❌
    Below 20g sugar: no❌
    Plank : 2 minutes 1 min hold x2✅
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,511 Member
    Hi MS's ... You have a new member joining you .... Please welcome @lose4me71 :)
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 466 Member
    @TeresaW1020 I’m so excited for you, going clothes shopping!! I will live vicariously through you :-) :-). Please do let us know what you get!

@leayjw celebrations are a wonderful thing!

@trooworld That soup sounds delicious! I love making soups, stews and Chili’s for the winter.

@vegan4lyfe2012 so sorry to hear about Hunter, definitely sending prayers your way, surgery and the aftermath is challenging at best. Hope all goes well with your mom surgery as well!
    Great job on no stress eating, that can definitely be my trigger! Keep your eye on that vacation and chill vibes♥️

@Katmary71 I am sorry you’re having such a challenge with your insurance company, last thing you need to deal with on top of your pain! I wish I lived close to you, I would come and raid your tomatoes LOL. I love to make salsa and can it for the winter.

@GabiV125 congrats on the loss, especially with it being your anniversary yesterday!!

Goal ~ Lose 18 lbs
    1. Drink 500 ml of water before each meal✅
    2. Eat slowly by putting my fork down in between each bite✅
    3. Stick to calories and macros✅
    4. 3 big workouts a week and some form of cardio everyday (even just walking the dog) at least 30 min✅
    5. Track everyday✅
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Username:@leonadixon
    PW 7/28:227.4
    Check in weight (9/1/2021): 225.2
    Check in weight (9/8/2021): 226.1
    Check in weight (9/15/2021):223.9
    Check in weight (9/22/2021:223.5
    Check in weight (9/29): 222.2

It is making such a difference my in mental attitude having my husband take this journey with me. I feel great that it's moving the way I need it to!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Welcome to the team @lose4me71! We are happy to have you join our little community. Just jump in and make yourself at home! :)

@vegan4lyfe2012 Ohhh my! I am praying for quick and complete healing and recovery for poor Hunter. I will also be praying for your mom and for you. Don’t give in to stress eating because it will only make you feel worse. Breathe, pray, and take care of yourself. <3

@GabiV125 Happy anniversary and yayyy for the scale behaving! I live in the south too and there will be NO winter fluff on me either! ;)

@laurelfit57 Girl, I got so much stuff and some great deals at the outlet mall! :) Two pairs of pants, 2 jackets, 1 sweater, 6 shirts, three pairs of sneakers, and a lovely necklace/earring set. I still need some new boots and a nicer lightweight coat for church. Then I can stop for a while. I really don’t want too much because I’m hoping to be down another size by spring.

Hi Team! As I wrote above to laurelfit57, I had a great time shopping and I’m very thankful for my generous and patient husband who came with me. We had a nice lunch at Longhorns and the sweet waitress surprised us with ice cream when she found out that next month is our anniversary. So, while it broke my no sugar rule it didn’t hurt the scale this morning and it was very tasty! :) Today, I did my church work, and this evening is church with the kids. I slept lousy last night so I will probably be in bed way before 10 pm tonight.

:star: 100 DAY CHALLENGE – DAY SEVEN :star:
    1. Track Food & Stay within calorie/macros: I tracked and was right at my calories and over on protein.
    2. Exercise/Physical Activity: I did Beachbody LIIFT 4 Back and Biceps
    3. Weight (gain or loss) 175.4, down from yesterday but up still up from Monday.
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,809 Member
    September no sugary snacks
    Me: 20
    Sugar: 9

🎊100 days challenge🎊
    Day 7
    🎉 No sugary snacks 🎉 5/100
    🎊 No eating after 7.30 🎊 5/100
    🥳 Exercise every day 🥳 4/100

2 stressful days lead to some poor snacking choices - I bought my kids some cakes and i ate half of them 🤫 back on track today 🙂

I cancelled all exercise this week, apart from pilates, as my knee gave way several times on Monday (had a ligament reconstructed 4 years ago). Im back on the physio exercises so I will count them as my exercise until it starts to feel more stable.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,511 Member
    @lose4me71 ...We need for you to please post what day your weigh-in will be ...You didn't include it when you signed up earlier ...Thank you :)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @laurelfit57 Yes, it was! I love to make soups during this time of year, too. I am making beef and barley stew today! :D

@lose4me71 Welcome!

@leonadixon That's awesome! And congrats on the loss!

@TeresaW1020 Wow you made out shopping! Well done! Sorry you didn't sleep well.

@krea4 20 days no sugar is awesome! Yay for being back on track.

Hi all. I am working from home for the next two days. I always do better at home. I've got a lot of work to do for once, so I should stay busy.

100-day challenge commitments:
    1. I will put my utensil down between bites. ✘
    2. Chew slowly and chew enough. ✅

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • lose4me71
    lose4me71 Posts: 36 Member
    My weigh-in day will be Monday
  • murdog3t
    Daily goals :
    Date: 09/28
    Plank : 2 minutes 1 min hold x2✅

47 min isometric exercise
    31 min walk ( 0.88mile walk with 🐕)
  • murdog3t
    Daily goals :
    Date: 09/29

2 minutes 40 sec planks✅
    20 sec full plank X2
    20 sec forearm plank x2
    20 sec right side plank x2
    20 sec left side plank x2

58 min isometric exercise
    76 min walk ( 2.19 walk with 🐕& Mom in-law she is 89 with walker )
  • dawnhill1266
    dawnhill1266 Posts: 9 Member
    dawnhill1266
    CW 218.2
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 199 Member
    Hey all. Just wondering if I have to re sign up for October or do I just continue on here. I have really enjoyed this and wish to continue.
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Hey all. Just wondering if I have to re sign up for October or do I just continue on here. I have really enjoyed this and wish to continue.

@tammymccrady6278 Hi Tammy! Everyone is carried over automatically to the next month so you are all set!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Krea4 Yikes, take care of your knee for sure! I’ve had to cancel my workouts from time to time when my knee starts acting up. Glad to see you are back on track! :)

@trooworld Do you have any fun weekend plans? :)

Hi Team! Not much going on today. I had a long staff meeting and then I cleaned one of the buildings. I will go and clean the other one tomorrow plus do some church computer work while there. Tomorrow night we are having a movie on the lawn. It’s our first community outreach event since Covid and we are all excited. We even bought a popcorn machine! :grin: Eating has been good today and I’m happy that I’ve closed this month out with 21 zero added sugar days. I had six days with under 5 grams of added sugars and only three days that were way over.
    :star: 100 DAY CHALLENGE – DAY EIGHT :star:
    1. Track Food & Stay within calorie/macros: I tracked and was under in calories and nailed my macros.
    2. Exercise/Physical Activity: I did church cleaning today
    3. Weight (gain or loss) 177.0 Not sure why it was up this morning. I had salty ham for dinner and I did a heavy weight lifting workout that might have contributed.
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 466 Member
    @TeresaW1020 Super excited for you and your new wardrobe! I am planning that sort of shopping trip in the new year :-)! As I am losing weight, I have a few clothes in every size on the way down, so I will make do with those until I reach goal weight:). It sounds like you not only had a great shopping trip, but also an amazing day with your husband, lucky lady!
    My word, I think you earn a ton of activity points cleaning that church! A movie night outside and popcorn sounds like so much fun!!

@krea4 so sorry to hear about your knee! Hopefully your Physio will get you straightened around quickly. When I used to have kids living at home, them getting snacks meant I was responsible for all the leftovers🤣.

@trooworld I am glad that you are able to work from home, I know some people sure find it a challenge.

100 Day Challenge -Day 8

Goal ~ Lose 18 lbs
    1. Drink 500 ml of water before each meal❌
    2. Eat slowly by putting my fork down in between each bite✅
    3. Stick to calories and macros✅
    4. 3 big workouts a week and some form of cardio everyday (even just walking the dog) at least 30 min✅
    5. Track everyday✅
This discussion has been closed.