Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,757 Member
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout started with a tough but fantastic 60 minute HiiT and Hills ride with Peloton. HiiT and Hills are my favorite rides, and I think this is the first 60 minute version on their platform. I absolutely loved it. No question I will do it again. I followed it with 30 minutes of yoga flow and 10 minutes of core focused yoga. Good stuff.

Thelma, Happy Anniversary! Anymore, I think the best way to celebrate is dinner at home. :) Great way to change up your workouts to meet your needs. These Meso 3 workouts are long and very taxing. I am SO glad we chose not to do the one body part weeks with them AND we are taking a break every third week. Anyhow, our cable bill has gotten outrageous and we never find anything to watch, so streaming is in our future. Honestly, this summer, we could have gone without TV at all, but we do watch more in the winter (football and Christmas movies being huge factors). I just can’t justify the monthly expense we are paying for either of those, though. I don’t know about there, but our temps are supposed to drop down into the 40s this week at night!!

Laurie, great workout. I have felt for the last year that I was falling further and further behind in my deep cleaning, so I was happy to get a lot of it knocked out this weekend. And thankfully for me, I didn’t find the house was nearly as bad as I imagined it to be! But we still have a lot of clearing out to do and some more cleaning on things I need DHs height to reach. I hope you are able to visit your mom more this winter and the weather cooperates with that.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,493 Member
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were a Gina B low impact workout and STS Disc 25 Chest and Back.

Thanks so much both of you for the anniversary wishes!

Laurie, great workout! Are you still documenting your weights?

I am sure you laughed when your DH asked about the quilt shop being a regular stopping point. I'm sure he was being funny when he asked the question knowing what the answer would be. DH and I make each other laugh and that is always fun.

I hope you'll be able to visit your mom more often in the winter too. I'm sure you'll come up with a beautiful way to display your mom's doilies.

Laurel, great workout!
    I agree with you about the Meso 3 workouts being long and very taxing! It was definitely a good call to not do the single body part.

The best way to celebrate is by having dinner at home for sure.
    I find that I hardly watch TV since we went the streaming route. The rewind and fast forward functions drive me nuts. Once I rewind or fast forward the show will eventually start fast forwarding on it own and it drives me crazy. So now I have to watch commercials. Sometimes I turn the tv on just to have some background sound.
    DH watches movies, sports and commercial free shows.

I like to watch the home improvement shows and things like that so there are lots of commercials. I haven't turned the tv on the last couple of days.
    I do like the ability to watch a show on tv, my laptop or my phone though.
    You can create a library with your favorite shows which is very convenient. I also like that I have my own library and DH has his own. Other than the fast forward glitch the quality is really good.

OMG, I checked the forecast and temps in the 40's at night are in our future too!

See you tomorrow ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,404 Member
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was RAW Day 3 Strength Shoulders and Legs. Another good one, and I'm really feeling the shoulders right now. Actually I'm still feeling all the body parts, so I think that I'm using the right weights. Started out with a really chilly day, and it isn't going to get to much warmer. I have to wonder how the Ryder Cup participants are dealing with this weather. ;)

Laurel, Sounds like a great workout, glad that you enjoyed all the hills. I sure wish that Hallmark was on one of the streaming services that we have. I just can't justify getting their steaming service just so I can watch their movies. We have been watching YouTube for some things. They have a UK History channel, and we have been hooked on British Ship and Anne Boleyn series. Now that DH and I are the only ones in the house, we are having to split some of the other chores. It was nice to have our dd there to help. :D

Thelma, Awesome job with your workout! Yes I am writing down my weights. Since she is using other weight workouts, it will help when I have to go back to them again. She does indicate what weights she uses, but sometimes I'm unable to handle that weight or need to go heavier. I think that is one of the things that makes a marriage great, if you can make each other laugh. Of course my dd's say that I'm the only one that laughs at Dad's jokes. :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workouts were STS Disc 37/Squat Rack Legs followed by Cathe Live All Low Impact Kickboxing HiiT and Core. I felt really good during the leg workout, but the cardio workout was very low intensity, and I realized about halfway through that I was perfectly fine with that! These heavy weight workouts do catch up with me.

Thelma, great workouts. DH and I haven’t eaten together in a restaurant since February 2020, and we have really come to terms with the fact that, when asked, we would both agree that the meals we cook and the atmosphere on our deck are far better than anything else we can find in Huntsville. After being in the airport in Denver a couple of weeks ago, I also realize how much I just don’t miss crowds. So we will continue to do some take-out, try new recipes and enjoy each other’s quiet company in our backyard. Like you and Laurie, DH and I spend a lot of time laughing, and, most days, I know we are the only ones who would understand our humor. What a wonderful thing that all of us have marriages like that. I opened the windows in my workout space today and it felt so wonderful to get cool fresh air in there! Autumn is here. :D

Laurie, great workout. I saw that the Ryder Cup was there at Whistling Straits. It used to be that colder weather would favor the Europeans, but since so many now live in the US, I don’t think that’s the case anymore. I think the US team will be hard to beat this year. DH tried out Netflix last night with the new hard wired connection, and he says it is just so fast now. He was pretty excited. So I think we will start streaming from Netflix and Amazon Prime and see what happens. More often than not, TV for me is just noise in the evening so as long as there isn’t anything just annoying on, I don’t really mind what we watch.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Zumba and STS Disc 37 Squat Rack Legs. I didn't use the barbell today. Dumbbells was the way to go for me today.

We had a rainy morning and party sunny afternoon, which eventually turned very windy and cold!

Laurie, great job with your workouts!. Sounds a bit cold for h Ruder cup participants.

Laurel, fantastic workouts!

I am so glad you and your DH are OK staying home enjoying a home cooked meal and each other's company. Laughter is so good for the soul! I totally get what you're saying about others not getting the humor! The world would be a much better place if all couples could enjoy each other's company and laugh at silly things.
    I bet it felt really good to have the windows open during your workout.

See you tomorrow ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Another chilly morning, but tomorrow is suppose to warm up into the 70's so it should be a beautiful first day for the Ryder Cup. My workout was RAW BodyFit.

Laurel, Great job with the workouts. Can imagine that your legs probably appreciated the lower intensity workout. Glad to hear that you streaming is a lot better with the new wired connection. When I'm quilting, I have the tv on for the noise also. It makes me feel like I'm really not down there all alone. Sometimes I have a visit from Rocket, but he doesn't spend to much time down there with me unless I'm working out. I think that there isn't enough carpet for him in my crafting space, and I'm moving around him to much. :D

Thelma, Great job on your workouts! The weights can get fairly heavy on the shoulders with the barbell for the squat rack. Your weather kind of sounds like ours, that wind has been non stop for a couple of days. Should be an interesting Ryder Cup. Herb Kohler had the course designed like European courses, so it should be interesting. Its close to Lake Michigan and that lake can tend to be fairly windy.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 45 minute HiiT and Hills spin followed by 30 minutes of yoga. I also took a nice walk, enjoying the cooler weather and the sunshine. Feels like fall. :)

Thelma, great workouts. I don’t blame you one bit for sticking to dumbbells for that workout. I can honestly say I will never use a barbell to do either squats or lunges in that workout. I am much safer (and can lift heavier) using my dumbbells. Looks like this cooler weather will be short-lived for us as we will be back in the 80s over the weekend. But, boy it was nice to sleep without the AC on last night.

Laurie, great workout. I am glad your weather is going to improve. The one thing I heard about Whistling Straits is that it is very long. That could make it interesting for this kind of competition. I love that Steve Stricker gets to be the captain on a course in his home state. It is funny because I can go all day without any noise whatsoever in the house. But after dinner….I just like some noise, especially when I am alone. And I want it to be conversation, not music. So that’s when the TV comes on. :)

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were a low impact peloton ride and restorative yoga.

It was cold here in the morning. Temps dropped into the high 40's overnight and it eventually warmed up into the 70's. Chico got to wear one of his fleece vests this morning! LOL I was all bundled up for my shooting practice in the forest. It was a beautiful fall day.

Our plans for the weekend are going out to dinner and finding chicken feed our local Tractor Supply doesn't carry! Our girls will need special layer food next month in preparation to start laying eggs.

Laurie, great workout!

The barbell can get heavy but I don't mind that. What frustrates me is that Cathe's rack doesn't have enough height to be able to stand under the bar and I'm short!
    It definitely sounds like we're having pretty similar weather. It will probably be cold at the Ryder Cup location if it's close to Lake Michigan.

Laurel, great workouts!!
    I am going to use dumbbells for the squat rack workout because not having the right rack makes it frustrating. My dread factor scale reading was pretty high heading into that workout.
    DH turned the heat on this morning! I love cooler nights.
    The hens have accepted Roosty back into the coop. Thankfully it didn't take long. DH went to check on them the other night before he closed the door to the actual coop. He couldn't find Roosty but the girls were all snuggled together. DH started talking to them and Roosty stuck his little head out from under the girls! LOL. At least we know he'll be very warm during the cold nights.

Have a wonderful weekend Ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was an off day, so I opted for stretching. Kelly has a stretch workout, and it is part of this weight series. Very cold this morning with it being in the high 40's. We are getting some great weather this weekend, so I can't wait. Just wish that the wasps where not out and about this time of the year. :p

Laurel, Your workouts sound great, and of course getting in a walk with the great temps. That is one thing that Rocket and I will get in this weekend since DH will be out and about with car stuff this weekend. For sure we need to take advantage of this nice fall weather. I also love the fact the Steve Stricker is the captain, I'm sure that he is loving every minute of everyone enjoying the course and the weather.

Thelma, Nice workouts! Our post sound very similar with the temps. I bet Chico was felt proud to be sporting his vest. I know Rocket loves when we put on his vest. Of course that means he is going for a walk, so that might be a factor also. :D That is the one problem that I always had with the squat rack workouts also. Of course I'm tall, so the barbell was super hard to deal with. The temps by the lake are usually 5 degrees cooler than where we live, but during the winter it reverses.

Have a wonderful weekend,
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 27/Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps followed by RWH Low Impact HiiT One and Abs Two premix. I am surprised how good the workouts have felt these past two weeks. But I am also looking forward to recovery next week. :)

Thelma, great workouts. I am SO happy to hear that update about Roosty. Makes me smile. It sounds like he is being well taken care of all around. We were cold again this morning, but DH and I just returned from a walk, and I can tell the warm weather is returning. But the sky remains beautifully blue with all that humidity being gone. I just love this time of year.

Laurie, sorry to hear about the off morning, but it sounds like you did the perfect thing with it. You can never go wrong with a good stretch. I hope you and Rocket get a chance to enjoy the weekend weather…..wasps excluded of course.

See you Monday!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a great weekend. The weather was beautiful here and a little warmer.

We decided to stay in on Friday and will feed the chickens a food that is readily available here. Our coop expansion project continued and we are almost done with phase I.

My workouts on Friday were JS low impact cardio and STS Disc 27 Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps.
    Sunday: Peloton Groove Ride, Xtreme-Barre and stretching/massage.

I finally joined OpenFit.com and I am so happy I did. The Xtreme-Barre is exactly the same class I used to do here locally. Now I know where the instructor gets her choreography from! I love that they have 15 -60 minute classes. They also have meditation classes. The choices available are endless. I am so excited about this. I need to set up my bedroom tv to be able to do some of these short classes upstairs too.

Laurie, good choice for listening to your body on Friday!
    Here wasps seem to be around during the warmer months. I can't imagine how cold it most be around Lake Michigan!

Chico loves his vest too. I bought him a little rain jacket. He used it once and he scratched his neck for a few minutes after we took it off, so we haven't made him use it again. It kept him dry though! Chico doesn't have the vest/walk connection yet.

I might try the squat rack workout using the rack some day but last week I wasn't in the mood for it.

Laurel, great workouts!!! I am so happy this is a recovery week. I needed it.

Roosty is being well taken care of all around.
    It really is a nice time of the year. We are also going to have warmer temps this week and no rain. I still have at least one hummingbird. People here say they leave in early October. I can't remember when mine left last year. I always keep my feeders out until early to mid November in case we have a straggler stops by.

Laurel, OpenFit has live classes for which you sign up for! They are mostly short classes. They have a maximum number of people allowed in those classes because some say "class full".

Have a wonderful week!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

What a great weekend weather wise, but we will be needing a truck to haul out all the walnuts that are still in the trees and on the ground. It is crazy how many I see. On Saturday my workout was RAW Box and Pump #5. This one was over 50 min. so it was a good thing that they had it on the weekend. Sunday was a rest day. Rocket and I did get out for our walks, just couldn't pass up this great weather.

I did get a quilt put together, and it really is pretty. It was to windy yesterday to take a good picture, so DH is going to help me tonight (if he gets home early enough). My Dad really liked the pillow I made him, so now he can put his bad arm on that.

Laurel, Great job on your workouts, and taking this week for recovery. I'm sure that you will have some great workouts lined up. I loved seeing the pictures from the Ryder cup, all the guys are grinning from ear to ear.

Thelma, Awesome job on the workouts. I'm sure that your chickens will really enjoy the coop expansion. Nice that you now have more workouts to try with signing up for openfit. I'm sure that it will not take Chico long to put the vest and walking together.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I hope you enjoyed the weekend. Ours was very busy. Saturday was spent on outside chores, including getting rid of the last of our tomato plants and then (for what felt like hours) trying to get the nuts out of the grass. Laurie, you are SO not alone with the nuts this year. In our three years here, we have never had this many nuts. With the slightest of breezes, it is like it is raining. Crazy. Anyhow, yesterday was spent inside. DH bought us a new TV for our living room and decided we could put it up. While I cleaned out closets, he put up the frames to hang the new TV on and the one needed to hang the TV we replaced it with in our bedroom. Then we hung the TVs. It did not go as easily as that sounds. Thankfully our neighbor across the street arrived in time to save us from disaster. DH just couldn’t quite understand why I had questions about whether it was smart for me to help him hang a huge TV above the fireplace when I stand 5’2” tall! Anyhow, the neighbor jumped in and was able to help DH get the TV all 8’ up the wall.

But I woke up today absolutely exhausted with every part of me aching. So I toned down my workouts today a bit for sure. On Saturday, I did a 30 minute Low Impact spin from Peloton followed by 60 minutes of yoga with Kristin McGee. Yesterday I did STS Disc 25/Plyo Legs (to make up for missing it during the first week of our rotation) followed by a 30 minute HiiT and Hills ride with Peloton. Today I did Cathe Live Vertical Loading, which is a pretty tame total body strength class. I followed it with Cathe Live Kickboxing and Core.

Thelma, great workouts. I have downloaded the Open Fit app, and absolutely love the look of it! I am hoping to try one of the classes tomorrow. I would love to find Barre classes like the ones you and I were doing in the winter. I was also happy to see they have Pilates!! Thank you for letting us know about this. We still have two little hummingbirds chasing each other around. I was surprised to see them still here. Like you, we will keep the feeder out for a few more weeks until we know they are gone.

Laurie, like I said, I hear you on the nuts. And we have all varieties of nuts. I imagine we will be picking them up every weekend until the end of November. Anyhow, great workout on Saturday and I am glad you and Rocket got out to enjoy the early autumn weather. I didn’t see any of the Ryder Cup except that the US team won quite handily. I saw one photo this morning, and the players do look so happy. It makes me happy for Steve Stricker too. The US has had a tough time in the Ryder Cup recently, but this was an impressive display for sure. Anyhow, yay on the new quilt! I will look forward to a photo. And I am glad your dad like his new pillow.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Monday were OpenFit workouts and I did Xtend Barre Cardio, Vinyasa Flow and Total Body Strength. I also took Chico for a little walk. Another beautiful early fall day.

I woke up feeling Sunday's Barre workout on my legs, abs and triceps. I am sure tomorrow morning won't be any different.

Laurie, I'm glad you had a nice weekend weather! What do you do with all those walnuts? We actually have a giant walnut tree but I only see a few on the ground. I didn't even know that was a walnut tree but the chicken coop is right below it. I asked DH what he did with them and he said uses the leaf blower to blow them into a ditch nearby.

Great workouts! I'm glad you and Rocket were able to get your walks in.
    I can't wait to see your new quilt! I'm so glad your dad liked his new pillow.

It really is nice to have more workouts to choose from and it gives me a break from Cathe workouts.

Laurel, you guys were really busy! Wow! I'm so glad we don't have that many walnuts because now that the coop is under the shade of that tree we are there a lot!

Installing those tv's can be a pain. I don't know how DH managed to do the living room tv on his own. He had to drill holes through the stone above the fireplace to install the articulated bracket that allows him to pull the tv down at eye level or swivel it to either side. Thank God your neighbor showed up to save the day!

Great workouts! I'm glad you already downloaded the openfit app. I think you will like the Barre classes. It's pretty close to what Erin teaches but this a little more ballet like.

I did find a couple of things with the website I don't like. They don't have a filter/sort function and completed workouts aren't marked completed like Peloton does. You don't know what you've done previously unless you go to your profile and check classes completed. I'll have to learn to navigate through this because I do like the classes.
    The strength class I took could've been nice if the instructor wouldn't talk so much to the two women who 'attended' her class. I have the feeling this class was recorded after people started going back to the gym post covid. The instructor did mention something about getting back to the gym.
    It was the first class in a series so it was kind of easy. It was triset based so it was nice, minus the talking. Hopefully other classes will be better.
    I still love the Barre classes and I liked the yoga class. I'm looking forward to trying a Pilates class and hopefully some day sound meditation.
    I can't wait to read your post tomorrow! I really think you'll love Xtend Barre. I do not like using Cathe's rack for Barre. It's feet get in the way. I actually own a barre and will ask DH to put it together for me again.

I am glad you still have some hummingbirds too! I've discovered flowers they love a lot this year and have documented their names so I can buy them next year too.

See you tomorrow ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was 30MTF BoxFit Workout 1. This is still one of my favorites for boxing. Couldn't take a pic of the quilt, because DH was on the lawn tractor as soon as he got home. So hopefully that will happen tonight. Of course he had to quit because 1. The sun was going down fast, and 2. The walnuts need to be raked up. :D Guess that I will have a job to do when I get home. I'm sure that Rocket will enjoy being outside.

Laurel, I'm sorry to hear that you where not tall enough to handle that TV!!!! :o Glad to hear that your neighbor was there to help. Dang on the being tired, but you know what your body needed. Sounds like some great workouts. Very sorry to hear that you are having the same issues with the nuts. I think that this year is the first time that I have been hit by a walnut since we have lived here. When the leaves are green you really can't grasp how many nuts are in the trees, but now we can really see them and I'm thinking of my poor back. :D We have way to many trees, and anytime I see one popping through the ground I pull it out. :D

Thelma, Great job on your workouts! Your barre work really got into those legs good. The only thing that we do with the walnuts is take them to the back where we have a brush pile and dump them there. Of course the squirrels will get them there, but at least they are not in my gardens to decompose.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 60 minute Peloton spin, Open Fit Xtend Barre Signature Workout 1 and 10 minutes of floor pose yoga with Kristin McGee. I went into the workout feeling exhausted and came out energized, which is always so nice.

Thelma, great workouts. I decided to do Xtend Barre 7 Day On Ramp, so I will be doing barre for the next several days. I absolutely loved the class I did this morning. It was tough but not stupidly tough (like some of the Barlates classes), she gave good form tips, wasn’t at all annoying and the workout moved, I am so impressed. This is exactly what I have been looking for since Erin stopped doing her classes last March. After these 7 days, I am then going to try to do some of the Pilates workouts which look equally as good. I can’t thank you enough for recommending this app. While I may not use their ‘live’ classes (I looked at a couple but find the format a little awkward), it is worth the $7 a month for these barre classes and, I anticipate, the Pilates classes that are pre-filmed. So good. I agree about not using Cathe’s tower for barre, though. I learned that this morning for certain.

Laurie, great workout. And it sounds like you will have another one this evening if you are picking up walnuts! We got a little nut roller from Lowe’s which helps save my back a bit, but it can also be frustrating. I turned over the nut rolling responsibility to DH on Saturday, and after a few minutes he said he thought it was just easier to pick the trees when they start growing! I can’t say I disagree with him, but even just a fraction of these grew, it would be a lot of trees to pick. I haven’t been hit in the head….yet…..but one missed me by a fraction on Saturday. From 50 or so feet up, some of the nuts would hurt!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Peloton HIIT Ride, Xtend Barre Sculpt and Define, and Peloton Slow Flow Yoga.

The Peloton class I did was hard for me but I did it because it because the music was Salsa. I really loved Kendall Toole, the instructor. I also found a Peloton yoga instructor I really like. Her name is Aditi Shah. I loved her soothing voice. That's my kind of yoga instructor. The class was perfect for my speed and it felt sooooo good!
    I love how the Barre classes are hitting my lower abs! It's so hard to work that area! 1 lb. dumbbells have never felt so heavy! OMG!

Laurie, great workout! Sounds like a fun one! Dang with those walnuts! Can you put tarps under the tree to catch them or would that kill the grass? Do you at least rake them onto a tarp so you can drag it to the compost pile? DH used to do that with the maple leaves in MA.

Barre is really hitting my legs and upper hard!

Laurel, great workouts! I am thrilled that you loved the Barre classes as much as I do. That Signature class is a killer! Today's sculpting hard on the upper body and abs for me. I knew you'd love the Barre class and the instructor. I am also impressed with this instructor and the quality of the classes. The strength one wasn't impressive at all! The subscription fee is a good deal. I used to pay $99 a month for my local classes! I practically lived there so I got my money's worth.

I had DH put together my Barre. Thank God I didn't get rid of it during the move! I don't think the Barlates lady is human. Those classes are insanely hard and painful! I don't know about the OpenFit live classes either. I may take a couple just because I'm curious about the class size limit. It most be a zoom class. I did notice that they offer a XB signature class that's 55 minutes long though!

I discovered that the only way classes as marked as taken is by joining a program. So I joined the 30 day Barre challenge. The problem was that it's not like a My Fitness Pal challenge that it recognizes you've already taken a class within the challenge period. So I replayed the 3 classes I already took this week so they would count. The only problem with that is that their class taken counter thinks I've taken 3 extra classes.

Guess what! While I was doing the spin class I heard the instructor say something like: So when Cody takes the stage on Dancing with the Stars! I was like What?! Did she just say what I think she said? It turns out that Cody is a contestant on DWTS 2021! Wasn't going to watch because I cannot stand the hostess and had sworn to myself I wasn't going to watch. Now that I know Cody is a contestant I'm going to have to watch and fast-forward through the hostess' talk.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was 30MTF Lean Body Circuits W2. Really enjoying this week of workouts. Kelly is rehearsing for two new workouts. :)

Laurel, Awesome job on your workouts. Glad that you where able to find an app for the barre and it looks like pilates workouts. I'm always amazed at how we can start out with the low energy or not wanting to do workouts, and afterward feeling great. I have never heard of a nut roller. I wonder if it works on the large walnuts though. All I had time for yesterday was throwing the ones that where in our tree line onto the lawn to get raked up. The cherry trees that we have make a ton of seedlings, and every spring I am pulling those things out. I think that we need to plant a tree that doesn't have any nuts, but then it will have a ton of leaves to rake up. :D

Thelma, Nice job with the workout, and of course taking on the challenging workout since the music was so good. Glad to hear that you found a yoga instructor that has promise. If the walnuts would fall all at once, then we could put the tarps down. We still have a bunch of them in the trees, so it would harm the grass. Of course we have so many there would be tarps all over the ground. :D Yep we put all the debris on tarps and drag them to the back yard, so much easier to do that than putting them in buckets and wheelbarrows.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I started today’s workout with a 20 minute climb ride from Peloton then went into Cathe’s live class from last week which was Boss Bands and Loops: Metabolic. This was a great class, and Cathe used bands, loops and weights very effectively. I still really like these fabric bands. I finished it with Open Fit Xtend Barre Flexibility and Balance, which felt great on my body today.

Thelma, great workouts. I am glad you enjoyed both Kendall and Aditi on Peloton yesterday. I am a little hit and miss with Kendall on the bike because she loves really hard/metal rock, and I….don’t. But when I like her music, I love her energy. I enjoy Aditi as well. She gives really good form pointers and, as you said, is easy to listen to. Yes, I watched Cody last week on DWTS….but just Cody. I just cannot take that show at all, but I really wanted to see how he did. Unfortunately this week, his ‘pro’ Cheryl has COVID, so they didn’t compete live. They were judged on a practice dance they had filmed, but I don’t think this bodes well for him in the competition. But I think it is good for Peloton that he is doing this.

Laurie, great workout. The nut roller has thin, flexible metal strips shaped like a football at the end of a long handle, and you pretty much use it like you are vacuuming the yard. The nuts pop through the strips when you roll over them and you empty it by pulling the strips apart. We have some nuts that are similar in size to walnuts…..maybe a little smaller…..that it picked up just fine. Our problem is we have those big nuts and then tiny little acorns which will fall out when picking up the bigger nuts. If I recall, the roller was pretty inexpensive, and is so worth it on my back. We have maple trees that like to grow everywhere. I wish our grass grew as nicely as those little trees do. B)

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were ICE Metabolic Total Body, Xtend Barre Core and stretching. The Core workout was hard but I loved it and you know I'm not a fan of core work! She did standing and floor abs. Good stuff. I'm so glad I asked DH to put together my barre on Tuesday night because it really is perfect for these Barre workouts.

Laurie, great workout! How exciting about Kelly's new workouts! DVD or RAW?

I bet you wish you could shake that walnut tree to make all those walnuts fall at the same time! Those tarps sure come in handy when doing yard clean up work! Just like you have to pull cherry tree seedlings, I used to pull maple tree seedlings in MA.

We had another gorgeous day here. Sunny and no humidity. I spent part of the morning in the forest with the couple who own the range I practice at. I got a private lesson from the husband which was awesome.

Laurel, fantastic workouts! That metabolic workout sounds awesome!

I don't like hard/metal rock. I would never do a peloton class with that type of music.

I heard about Cheryl Burke testing positive for covid! I haven't watched the show yet but I hope they got Cody a good partner. I hope he doesn't come down with covid! It really is too bad they had to compete with a pre-recorded rehersal dance though. It is really good for Peloton that Cody is doing that. I bet going forward DWTS is going to have more fitness instructors.

See you tomorrow ladies!
    Thelma