Women 200lb+, Let's Shine This September!!!

1101112131416ยป

Replies

• sarah12277
    sarah12277 Posts: 210 Member
    @finngirl61 Iโ€™m very sorry to hear of your loss. Welcome back. Chair yoga sounds like a great plan!!
    @justanotherloser007 ooh that sounds great! Right now Iโ€™ve been using califiaโ€™s pumpkin spice creamer.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Hi all of you wonderful ladies. I am restarting my log ins, as it's been 3 months. My husband passed away unexpectedly in June and I have been overwhelmed with things to do. I'm 70 years old, and weigh 260, which is about where I was in June. My knee is bone on bone, and just got an injection to buy me time before surgery, maybe next year. I did start a chair yoga class, and that's been great so far. So looking forward to reading your posts again. ๐Ÿ’•

I am so tremendously sorry for the loss of your husband. Welcome back to the group. I hope you will reach out if you need anything at all. <3
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 514 Member

I've been dealing with eczema on my neck for many years. It started as a small spot and now most of my neck is a scaled redness.

I have the same thing only they say its Dermatitis.

Dermatitis (also known as eczema) is inflammation of the skin, typically characterized by itchiness, redness and a rash.

Have you tried Mometasone Furoate 0.1% Cream? It works really well. I also use Fluocinonide Topical Solution USP, 0.05% for my scalp. If you have not tried them you might want to ask your doctor if they will work for you. I was told that the out breaks on my feet and hands are because I have become allergic to the cholerine in our city water, and not to take so many baths. These are affordable medications. I was told that once you get Dermatitis that it will always come back. So as soon as it appears I medicate it until its gone again. It's important to keep it under control. Have you tried changing soaps? The dermatitis on my arms was caused by an allergy to my dish washing soap. Once I changed that it went away.

I wish you all the best of luck getting your eczema under control.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    @sandielewis2001 CONGRATULATIONS!!
  • @wanderinglight Flash bang incredible!! You lost weight even while laid up, that is amazing! Grats on the detective work for the fiber! One of the things I really like about MFP is being able to track all the things. Like fiber, potassium, etc. makes the food thing a little less mysterious when you start tracking and being able to track down where you are doing what.

@sandielewis2001 Amazing!! Welcome to the fabulous world of onederland!! Congratulations!!

@sargemarcori Grats on your loss!!

The hubby usually doesn't like leftovers, but I made this chili and he didn't really like it fresh! Then he kept pining away after the leftovers, eating it till it was gone! So this one is for October food preppers: for when you won't have time to cook... later during the week but want good food!

Tarean's Stone Chili: Makes total 6 servings and 1 serving is 332 calories for about 12.2 oz

1 cup, Cookwell & Company 2-Step Chili Stew Original
    8 ounce, Mushrooms
    6 ounce, Onions
    16 ounce, 93% lean 7% fat
    10.70 oz, Andouille Sausage

You brown the meat in a pan, so you can theoretically drain the fat. (Also, some people can find 95% lean 5% fat at their store.) I cooked it in a pressure cooker for 30 minutes. Then I just froze the rest. It was so much better after the freezing and re-heating in a microwave! Also, the hubby immediately started asking about having 1) shrimp chili 2) fish chili etc. Chili forever! What I like is there is a lot of room to be creative!

The hubby is cajun, that is why I tossed the andouille in there. Also, I think that is why he was thinking of the fish and shrimp. He didn't really want it with crackers. But I like a few crackers and it is reasonable enough calorie wise if you want you can add some! Happy October!

• swanjun
    swanjun Posts: 27 Member
    I didn't even weigh myself today. I know it's bad. It's been a stressful week leading up to something that I wasn't sure was going to happen correctly today. However, everything went fine (of course) so I hope I can control binge-snacking better in October. I do plan to try again in the October thread, whenever it appears.
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited October 2021
    @sandielewis2001
    Congratulations, great job! Its great to get into the 100's!
  • jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 477 Member
    Hi Iโ€™m 53 and 5โ€™6โ€.
    Original starting weight: 257.8 1/14/21

September Start Weight: 219.2 (8/31/21)
    September Goal Weight: 216.0
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 170

Sept 4: 218.9 -(0.3)
    Sept 11: 217.6 -(1.3)
    Sept 18: 216.4 (-1.2)
    Sept 25: 216.1 (-0.3)
    Sept 30: 215.9 (-0.2)

I actually met my monthly goal! Yay! ๐Ÿ™‚

@sandielewis2001 congrats on reaching Onederland! ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ’ฅ
  • swimmom_1
    Yes we need the October version!
  • swimmom_1
    edited October 2021
    @wanderinglight
    @sargemarcori
    Congratulations on your loss! Woohoo!
    I'm doing my final September weight check in tomorrow AM, just in case I lose a dab more from today!
  • finngirl61
    finngirl61 Posts: 122 Member
    @jazzadesigns - great progress! You inspire me.
    @sandielewis2001 - same to you also! You guys started out the year heavier thN me, but look how far you've come. Wow. I am hoping for a good October!
  • RavenStCloud
    RavenStCloud Posts: 352 Member
    ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œHello, ladies!!!๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Next month's group is posted in the Motivation and Support forum:

๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒWomen 200lb+, Let's Have An UnBOOlievable October!!!๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ

See you there!
  • patriciafoley1
    patriciafoley1 Posts: 137 Member
    SW September 1 181.6
    9/5 180.6
    9/10 180
    9/13 179
    9/14. 178
    9/15. 176
    9/27. 175.6
    9/28 174.2
    10/1 173.4