Weight No More - Team Chat SEPTEMBER 2021

Replies

• seltzer_lover
    seltzer_lover Posts: 261 Member
    edited September 2021
    So, I've been a bad captain/support person this month. And, I'm gonna be honest...I don't see that changing for at least four or five weeks.

I'm working a lot and when I'm off work, I'm too tired to care about anything. I'm that tired now. I have a huge pile of work and I end the day (sometimes after working 10 hours) having accomplished such a small amount that it is disheartening. Part of my job is support calls. Mid-Sept through the end of October is all support calls/emails. And this is the time of the year we ramp up new trainings--classroom, zoom and self-pace online--but I can't do that work if I'm on the phone or doing data research to answer an emailed question. That's my life until Nov 1.

Then the holidays. So many people love holidays and look forward to them. I'm not one of them. I have no family. When I did, my immediate family didn't do a lot of holidays (due to a crazy, stupid religion) and that complicated things with the extended family. I tried to do the holiday thing with the husband's family but I'll just leave it at...it just didn't work out the way I'd hoped.

Don't mind me. I'm just tired and cranky. I need to get exercise but by the time my day ends, I'm wrung out. I should take breaks during the day and walk but the minute I stand up, the phone rings (or while I'm working remotely, my computer rings) or some new crisis appears in my inbox. At this point, I barely take lunch--I find food and eat it while working.

Oof I feel you on the workload and not being able to take breaks or stop. I hit an escalation in my workload lately and it's been rough. I've started to do AM workouts before work to get my exercise in. I also find that if I've already worked out, I'm way less likely to eat poorly during the day. Not sure if that's a reasonable option, but it's one I've resorted to in order to get some time in at the gym.

And I'm sorry holidays are hard. :disappointed: I have family but it's rough at times to deal with them and all of their issues. When we get together it can be super toxic and unpleasant.

I hope you get some rest and that your workload eases up soon.

Edited to add: when my workload gets this nuts and I am feeling overwhelmed and wrung out at the end of the day, meditation really helps me recover. I use the Calm app and even just 10 minutes can have a big impact on my headspace and mental health. It's not for everyone, but I've been using it daily for 2+ years and it has made a major impact on my health and mental well-being.
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    I haven’t been the best motivator. I teach high school and college classes in the evenings. Things will slow down for me when I get done with my college classes in four weeks.

Good luck everyone with your weight loss progress! I seem to be stuck at 142 pounds which is great for me. I’m not complaining.

• Stud47
    Stud47 Posts: 389 Member
    edited September 2021
    Stud47 wrote: »
    Hi team sorry I have been absent lately and probably for the next two weeks. I ask a break thanks. Will be back in the challenge around mid October

I've asked that you be put on the support list--that way you are still on the team but if you miss weigh-in, it doesn't count against you. Hope you are doing okay!

Hi Melanie

Thank you very much. I’m doing well, my motivation is still good but I’m receiving guest these days and I can’t follow my diet as I should but soon I will be back on track.

I gained back some lbs but it’s still under control.

Thanks again for your support
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,203 Member
    minstrelofsarcasm
    September Week Five

Weigh In Day: Wednesdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 168.8 (September 22nd)
    CW (Current Weight): 171.2 (September 30th)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 62.8 lbs

After all the food I shoved in my face hole over the weekend, I'll take this gain. This is fine. This is nothing I don't already know how to get rid of. Besides, despite having not lost much weight this year, I have absolute proof that I've lost fat and gained muscle. (Estimated to be about 4lbs of recomposition!)
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    pacsnc6
    Thursday weigh in
    pw: 160.3
    cw: 160.3

I am happy to see a maintain.
    Had the PET scan on Monday - be back later with results as I see the doctor today
  • sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    September Week Five
    Weigh In Day: Thursdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 201.0 (September 23rd)
    CW (Current Weight): 199.8 (September 30th)

Loss to date: 71.3lbs
  • Gmcgovern41
    Gmcgovern41 Posts: 43 Member
    Gmcgovern41
    Thur weigh in day
    PW 242.5
    CW 238.7

Sweet!

Off that keto diet.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,299 Member
    pacsnc6 wrote: »
    Best thing about doctor appointment today is I am down 3 pounds since last visit! PET scan showed the cancer is still in the liver, good news it hasn't spread. So on we go with more Keytruda every three weeks. next scan in December.

Glad the cancer has not spread and Keytruda is helping!
    Gmcgovern41
    Thur weigh in day
    PW 242.5
    CW 238.7

Sweet!

Off that keto diet.

Congrats! That's a terrific loss! I don't think keto is for me. I rarely get a 'normal' amount of protien as I don't feel well when I eat high protien and am very much a carbs girl...just...no.
    September Week Five
    Weigh In Day: Thursdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 201.0 (September 23rd)
    CW (Current Weight): 199.8 (September 30th)

Loss to date: 71.3lbs

Awesome!
    So, I've been a bad captain/support person this month. And, I'm gonna be honest...I don't see that changing for at least four or five weeks.

I'm working a lot and when I'm off work, I'm too tired to care about anything. I'm that tired now. I have a huge pile of work and I end the day (sometimes after working 10 hours) having accomplished such a small amount that it is disheartening. Part of my job is support calls. Mid-Sept through the end of October is all support calls/emails. And this is the time of the year we ramp up new trainings--classroom, zoom and self-pace online--but I can't do that work if I'm on the phone or doing data research to answer an emailed question. That's my life until Nov 1.

Then the holidays. So many people love holidays and look forward to them. I'm not one of them. I have no family. When I did, my immediate family didn't do a lot of holidays (due to a crazy, stupid religion) and that complicated things with the extended family. I tried to do the holiday thing with the husband's family but I'll just leave it at...it just didn't work out the way I'd hoped.

Don't mind me. I'm just tired and cranky. I need to get exercise but by the time my day ends, I'm wrung out. I should take breaks during the day and walk but the minute I stand up, the phone rings (or while I'm working remotely, my computer rings) or some new crisis appears in my inbox. At this point, I barely take lunch--I find food and eat it while working.

Oof I feel you on the workload and not being able to take breaks or stop. I hit an escalation in my workload lately and it's been rough. I've started to do AM workouts before work to get my exercise in. I also find that if I've already worked out, I'm way less likely to eat poorly during the day. Not sure if that's a reasonable option, but it's one I've resorted to in order to get some time in at the gym.

And I'm sorry holidays are hard. :disappointed: I have family but it's rough at times to deal with them and all of their issues. When we get together it can be super toxic and unpleasant.

I hope you get some rest and that your workload eases up soon.

Edited to add: when my workload gets this nuts and I am feeling overwhelmed and wrung out at the end of the day, meditation really helps me recover. I use the Calm app and even just 10 minutes can have a big impact on my headspace and mental health. It's not for everyone, but I've been using it daily for 2+ years and it has made a major impact on my health and mental well-being.

When I exercise, outside of walking, it has to be in the morning...it just does not happen otherwise. My struggle is that when I go to the office, I have to be out the door by ~6:30, so exercise requires a 5 am start time. While it isn't unusual for me to be up at 5 (like now), anymore I'm checking in on MFP or catching up on news (I could do a lot less of that, I think it is probably not good for me) and then it is 5:45 and I'm scrambling for a shower and breakfast and lunch packing...blah blah excuses. Added to that now, I'm having trouble with my shoulder--it will go back eventually to normal, but right now it is painful to lift my arm, put weight on it or generally do anything... And more excuses. I need to find something that doesn't hurt the shoulder.

I agree--toxic family is hard. And why I don't have family. Many years ago, I came to the conclusion that family are the people we love, who love us back--who want us to be healthy, happy and who support us, even when we don't necessarily agree. Blood makes us related...love is what makes you family. And you can easily have one without the other (in both directions, as we see so frequently on the news, and, unfortunately, in our own lives--hopefully not as dramatically).

I might have to think about that app.
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Username: lennoncpa
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Last week's weight: 136.6
    Current weight: 136.6
    Steps: 59,890
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    :star: Hey Team! We have another month-long challenge to help you get the junk out of your diet and focus on whole foods and good health. Join us today!! :)OCTOBER CHALLENGE

rbl0x4caarot.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,203 Member
    minstrelofsarcasm
    September Week Five

Weigh In Day: Wednesdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 168.8 (September 22nd)
    CW (Current Weight): 171.2 (September 30th)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 62.8 lbs

After all the food I shoved in my face hole over the weekend, I'll take this gain. This is fine. This is nothing I don't already know how to get rid of. Besides, despite having not lost much weight this year, I have absolute proof that I've lost fat and gained muscle. (Estimated to be about 4lbs of recomposition!)

I weighed myself this morning (after spin class, so this might just be cheating), and saw 168.4. Soooooo, I might as well just update my weight in the spreadsheet, right? Right? Right.

Many years ago, I came to the conclusion that family are the people we love, who love us back--who want us to be healthy, happy and who support us, even when we don't necessarily agree. Blood makes us related...love is what makes you family.

Well said, Co-Captain! I absolutely agree. I'm glad I've built up a MFP family here to fill in the gaps where my IRL family can't fit.

pacsnc6 wrote: »
    Best thing about doctor appointment today is I am down 3 pounds since last visit! PET scan showed the cancer is still in the liver, good news it hasn't spread. So on we go with more Keytruda every three weeks. next scan in December.

Here's hoping it stays not-spread! Glad you saw a loss, regardless of how it may have occurred.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,880 Member
    You have another member joining you ... Please welcome @xrj22 :) They are a returning member I just don't know what team they were on before
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,059 Member
    Ljdanny
    Thursday
    Cw 184.4
  • kaj848
    kaj848 Posts: 73 Member
    Kaj848
    Thursday
    Pw: 157.8
    Cw: 156.8
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,004 Member
    Warning! Warning!
    x23x0hgyhpzj.png

I will have to do the week and month tallies earlier than usual on Sunday! Please be sure that ALL weigh-ins for the week are posted and up to date by 6:00 am Eastern time! Thanks :heart:
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,004 Member
    Your October Team Chat is OPEN!

Please continue to weigh in and chat here, but go to October to post your introductions, goals for the month and get ready to roll on Sunday!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10845269/weight-no-more-team-chat-october-2021/p1?new=1
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Kandi3570
    Saturday weigh in

PW 171.6
    CW 175.6
    +4 lbs

Steps this week 52373. I also didn’t wear my fitbit for 2 days.

I still don’t have my eating on track. I think I am stress eating from switching jobs. My last day at my previous job was Thursday. My first day at my new job is the 11th. I’ll be in training for a year and off and on in classroom a lot of the time for awhile, so my steps will go down. Weight loss may be a challenge for awhile.
    The owner at my previous job didn’t even let me finish out my 2 week notice. Didn’t pay me my accrued sick time for covid. 🙄. Petty and shallow. Ohhh well I did the right thing and gave a 3 week notice. I’m sure I won’t get paid my last vacation day either. I’m more than happy to leave he treats people like dirt. He’s angry that we all got covid. But maybe if he paid people to be off for sick days it wouldn’t have happened.
    It doesn’t even matter I’m off to bigger and better things! 😁. It’s still stressful but I know I’ve made the right decision. And my replacement didn’t even show up his first solo day. 😂😂😂
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,299 Member
    kandi3570 wrote: »
    Kandi3570
    Saturday weigh in

PW 171.6
    CW 175.6
    +4 lbs

Steps this week 52373. I also didn’t wear my fitbit for 2 days.

I still don’t have my eating on track. I think I am stress eating from switching jobs. My last day at my previous job was Thursday. My first day at my new job is the 11th. I’ll be in training for a year and off and on in classroom a lot of the time for awhile, so my steps will go down. Weight loss may be a challenge for awhile.
    The owner at my previous job didn’t even let me finish out my 2 week notice. Didn’t pay me my accrued sick time for covid. 🙄. Petty and shallow. Ohhh well I did the right thing and gave a 3 week notice. I’m sure I won’t get paid my last vacation day either. I’m more than happy to leave he treats people like dirt. He’s angry that we all got covid. But maybe if he paid people to be off for sick days it wouldn’t have happened.
    It doesn’t even matter I’m off to bigger and better things! 😁. It’s still stressful but I know I’ve made the right decision. And my replacement didn’t even show up his first solo day. 😂😂😂

It definitely sounds like you will be better off. A whole year of training? What kind of mythical job is this, where you actually get substantial training? My previous three employers...nope, not enough training. Even my current, who are awesome, don't do much actual training (fortunately, I knew quite a bit about several things I do, just not the direct application) though they are pretty supportive of getting professional development. Maybe you will find opportunities to walk while in training--breaks & lunch.
  • dbrinkmeyer
    dbrinkmeyer Posts: 94 Member
    PW 184.2
    CW 184.2
    Steps 41,565
This discussion has been closed.