Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - OCTOBER 2021

jugar
jugar Posts: 10,004 Member
rht4h3xyofo1.png

Here is your Team chat room for October 2021. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Teresa - @TeresaW1020
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shrinking Assets - @Beka3695 and @TheMrWobbly

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @TheresaM787 and @Poobah1972
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @trooworld
Trimstones - @angmarie28
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:

Username
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,854 Member
    @Cornanda Wow, great weigh-in, congrats girlfriend!

@vegan4lyfe2012 I'm glad the surgery went well. Are you reading any horror stuff? I have a list of horror stuff I am reading, if you want that. I haven't made a list of scary movies but you know as a fellow horror lover, I'll be watching them!!! Your list is awesome. Here's my list of horror/thriller books that I am reading this fall.

@Katmary71 It was awesome! I did by the Rootitoot. I'll have to try that recipe from it. Happy belated birthday!!!

@Tammymccrady6278 Congrats on the loss!

Hello all. Just trying to get myself together over here. :( I need a makeover lol. Below is a list of my horror/thriller books I am reading this fall.

100-day challenge commitments:
    1. I will put my utensil down between bites. ✘
    2. Chew slowly and chew enough. ✘

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS

sfdnqhm1atp7.png
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Hello everyone!!! Welcome to our new members - and welcome back returning members!! I am soooo glad you are all here! :)

I am Teresa one of the Fat2Fit moderators and your Mission Slimpossibles captain along with Mark (@broncobuddee) The Mission Slimpossibles also have three incredible motivators, @AustinRuadhain, @trooworld, and @Katmary71.

:star: Stuff you need to know! :star:

1)Weekly Weigh-In
    PLEASE read the opening post so that you know the format to use when recording your weekly weight. Our team captain, @broncobuddee is the one that puts your weight into the spreadsheet so please tag him if you need to move your weigh-in day or have other weight logging questions. As an add on feel free to post your all-time losses as well and that way, we can celebrate with you when you hit a big milestone.

2) Check-ins
    Along with our weekly weigh-ins, we REALLY encourage our team members to participate in regular check-ins. It’s a great way to stay accountable to yourself and it allows the team to cheer you on and offer support as you need it. We are a community, and we are stronger together!

3) Habit Tracker & Challenges
    For added help in your health journey make sure to take advantage of our monthly Habit Tracker and weekly/monthly challenges that you will find on our Home Page. Tracking our habits and doing the challenges will keep you mindful of your choices and help keep you motivated.

:star:Finally, let's get to know each other! Please share your name, where you live, and what brought you here to The Fat 2 Fit Challenge Group. If you have specific goals for this year, please share those as well. We are here to support and cheer you on! :)

I’ll go ahead with my introduction

As I said above, my name is Teresa! I’m 55, live in Georgia with my incredible husband, my mom, and our fur baby Maggie Mae. I am the ministry assistant for my small church and a volunteer teacher in our children’s ministry.
    I’ve been chasing a healthy goal weight since I was 11 years old, and this year has me closer than I’ve ever been. I’ve lost almost 90 lbs. and have another 20ish lbs. to go. I do best when I eat a low-carb diet and currently, I’m doing Data Driven Fasting, where I check my blood sugar to determine when I can eat.

I also enjoy working out and do Beachbody on Demand programs and I walk on my treadmill. For fun, I love to do jigsaw puzzles, listen to music, watch TV, and play with my dog.
    As your captain, I promise to remain available and supportive! This group means so much to me as does the success of each one of you. Please feel free to add me as a friend and message me any time. <3

OK…your turn to share! :)

k5cqs5ws7jbe.jpg

• murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    @broncobuddee
    Username: murdog3t
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    Staring weight 160
    PW
    9/3/21: 157.8.
    9/10/21: 157.8
    9/17/21: 157
    9/24/21: 159.2
    CW: 159.4

Daily goals :
    Date: 10/01
    Log food: ✅
    7000 steps: ✅
    45 min exercise: ❌
    30 min walk: ✅
    Below 20g carbs: no❌
    Below 20g sugar: ✅
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 203 Member
    Hi all I’m Tammy and this is my second month on the team. I’m a mother of 2 boys 27 and 25 and have 2 grandkids 6 and 1. I was married for 23 years then left when the kids where done school. He was cheating on me with my best friend and he was emotionally abusing. But I’ve remarried and have an amazing chef for a husband who loves me beyond words. Plus I now have 2 step kids. 13 and 10. My life is full. I have struggled with my weight all of my adult life and have been on every diet imaginable. Now at 53 I have found you guys and this app and I am so very grateful. My husband is also so very supportive in my journey which is amazing. I have lost 23 lbs and still have a ways to go but I’m ok with that.

Well that is all of me and my share. Welcome to all new comers
  • TeresaW1020
    @Cornanda First off congrats on your weight loss!! You are so close to replacing that 7 with a 6 and I can’t wait to see it! North GA is a great place to visit and so beautiful. And I should know since I live right at the bottom of North GA. ;)

@vegan4lyfe I’m glad that you have survived your daughter and mom’s surgeries and I am praying for you all. Good job on still staying mindful with the 100-day challenge. You and your 31 days of horror cracks me up! There isn’t one thing on your list that I would see. I hate being scared! :grin:

@Katmary71 :star: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!! :star: I’m glad that the test came back negative and I hope you're feeling well now. What a nice brother you have to make you such yummy food for your birthday.

Hi Team! Today has been all about cleaning house. I also had to run up to the church to make sure everything was cleaned up after the movie on the lawn last night. We had a great turn out and everyone had a ton of fun. I don’t really like being outside after dark because of my bug phobia but I survived. :grin:

:star: 100 DAY CHALLENGE – DAY TEN :star:
    1. Track Food & Stay within calorie/macros: I tracked and was over calories due to too much mayo in my yummy chicken salad.
    2. Exercise/Physical Activity: Beachbody core and 10 minute booty enhancements
    3. Stop Eating C.R.A.P Challenge: No added sugar today!
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • TheGlwUp
    TheGlwUp Posts: 78 Member
    edited October 2021
    @broncobuddee Sorry for the late weigh in.
    Username: TheGlwUp
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Starting weight for 10/01 = 225

Hello and Happy October everyone!
    Welcome to our new members!

This year has really flown by for me. I want to really get back on track and stay on
    track with my health and fitness goals. I know my recent gain is partly due to my
    hormones being wonky, but it is still frustrating.

I have decided to slow down during the last few months of this year to really focus on
    enjoying radical self care. I am going to stop stressing over the scale and calories, and
    start enjoying the journey of loving me and becoming a better version of me.

I started a new training program to help me run a race before this year ends,
    and I am looking forward to it because it helped me complete a major goal race in July.
    I will also be doing more yoga, journaling and writing. The majority of this year has
    been focused on making work a priority, and now I am going to enjoy making my
    self care my main priority.

I look forward to seeing everyone's progress this month!
    Have a wonderful week!
  • TeresaW1020
    Hello Fat2Fit team members! Here is your OCTOBER HABIT TRACKER. Click the link and follow the instructions and start tracking your healthy habits today!
    cvonnlgfytxr.png
  • trooworld
    @Jwhitegarcia Woo hoo congrats on the loss!

@digger61 Oh dear, I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm glad you are on the mend now.

@laurelfit57 Thank you! I'm excited, too! I'm excited for you to get to be with our family next week. I know you are, too.

Hi all. I'm one of the Motivators for your team. I did WW for many many years but recently quit because I didn't feel I was getting my money's worth. I am now tracking calories and other macros. I think my biggest struggle is snacks and unplanned food. I live in Southern California with my wonderful husband and ornery dog. My hobbies include reading lots of books, doing crafts and artwork, photography, and being outdoors. Welcome to the team, new members!

I'm ready for the fresh start that this month brings.

2. Chew slowly and chew enough. ✅
    3. Stop Eating C.R.A.P. Challenge: ✘

• GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    Hi everyone, I’m Gabi from VA and for my 50th birthday in 4 months I want to reach my goal weight. Got “only” 15lb left to go but I’ll revisit the decision at 10 down.
    I’m married (25y last week), have one daughter in HS and the other in grad school on the other coast, and a FT desk job.
    My main form of exercise is walking with or without the dog and recently decided to increase it some. Left by myself I get lazy so I asked for help - I told 4 of my sweet neighbors that I’m game for being a walking partner at any non-working daylight hour and it worked well.
    This weekend two are traveling and allowed me to take care of their dogs. Guess what, it’s a different game to walk a 60lb very squirrel-interested dog, compared to my 25lb friend-of-all-butterflies cute doggy. It’s also fun and I hit 20k steps 2 days in a row!
    Wish you all a good month!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,004 Member
    @vegan4lyfe2012 - hope your daughter and Mom are doing well. Happy Horror Month!

@trooworld - how do you like your Tonal? I'm making chicken wings in my air fryer today for football Sunday.

@Katmary71 - Happy Birthday!

@digger61- oh no! Blood clots! Glad to hear you are on the mend.

@laurelfit57 - I got very confused about Thanksgiving until I realized you do not live in the US. Glad to hear that Gatsby dress is fitting.

@GabiV125 - I like the turtle on your profile pic. Great idea about the walking buddies! I enjoyed your story about walking the dogs too.

@TeresaW1020 - I knew you were in GA, but not really where, how fun to find that out!

I'm Lisa, live in Florida with my husband and sleepy dog. Our kids are off at college, so we are mostly empty nesters. I've struggled with weight all my life and it's even more fun now with my MATURE age and the changes that come with it. I've been in the group for well over a year and it has helped me immensely! I am sure I would have given up long ago without ya'll!
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 474 Member
    Hi everyone, my name is Laurel. I am 64 years old and live in Alberta. I am a mom of 5: 4 adult kids all out in their own, one fur baby who is super active and helps me get in my daily steps and two amazing grand kiddos ♥️.
    I have been on a weight loss journey for what feels like forever! I have about 15 pounds to lose, to get to goal weight. I am not sure if I will settle at 130 or 135, I will know when I get there.:).
    I am really looking to reach goal weight before the year end!
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 474 Member
    Weekly weigh in
    Username. laurelfit57
    Weigh in day. Sunday
    PW. 152.8
    CW. 150.8

Super excited with my progress this week! I wanted to start October peaking at the 140s and I think I accomplish that, I actually thought I would be around 152:)
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,203 Member
    winners.jpg

zo88xef8gy6i.png
    0116qcjh7way.png

Team Standings:
    By Percent
    yc14ju8323a7.png
    By Pounds
    5wet3g19py0z.png

Individual Standings:
    By Percent
    iaw7oqt4sxxs.png
    By Pounds
    bneudq4igme4.png
    lgcnnjxfrna6.png

Your Team's Biggest Losers (Winners)!
    wo1aznmdwyel.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,203 Member
    tumblr_pbv8073Tpy1vi3o1po6_r2_1280.gifv

waf467lgpsvw.png
    aiv7o4kejfhj.png

Team Standings:
    By Percent
    prc2fmhrfex7.png

By Pounds
    fadcf324k7rw.png

Individual Standings:
    By Percent
    uh8y9rq7gycr.png

By Pounds
    swnjenhhwmp2.png
    jmrw5kzp7ikf.png
    ocbyz1ugrv77.png

Your Team's Biggest Losers (Winners)!
    5cld6ac86uo5.png
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Daily goals :
    Date: 10/02
    Log food: ✅
    7000 steps: ❌
    45 min exercise: ❌
    30 min walk: ✅
    Below 20g carbs: ❌
    Below 20g sugar: ❌

I am gonna change my goals for October
  • krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,811 Member
    edited October 2021
    🎊100 days challenge🎊
    Day 11/100 - 3.10.21
    🎉 No unhealthy snacks 🎉 6/11
    🎊 No eating after 7.30 🎊 7/11
    🥳 Exercise every day 🥳 8/11

I'm dropping behind on the unhealthy snacks.
    I bought my kids some crisps but it turns out they don't like them so now they are in the cupboard and I've been snacking on them. I need to give them away! If it's not in the house I can't eat it.

I need to get back on track as this is a pattern of mine. I have a few really good weeks of making the right choices but then I let it slide and put all the weight back on. Not this time!
  • TeresaW1020
    Hi Team! Just a quick check-in before hubby calls me in to watch TV. It’s been a long day. I have been organizing my drawers and closets. I like to do it twice year and it’s that time of year. Plus, I’m going on vacation in three weeks, and I always like to have my house in perfect shape. Am I the only one that does that? I think I do it because if I die, I want it to look nice for those that have to come in and go through my stuff. :D:p

:star: 100 DAY CHALLENGE – DAY TEN :star:
    1. Track Food & Stay within calorie/macros: I tracked and was within my calories and macros.
    2. Exercise/Physical Activity: I took today off
    3. Stop Eating C.R.A.P Challenge: No added sugar today!
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • trooworld
    @GabiV125 Wow, I bet that it's good exercise to walk that dog! Have fun!

@Cornanda I just did my first workout yesterday and loved it but...more below. How did your wings come out? I bet they were good.

@laurelfit57 Congrats on the loss!

@Jwhitegarcia @19shmoo69 @Vegan4lyfe2012 @davidji82 @krea4 @laurelfit57 Congrats on getting on the leaderboard! Woot woot!

Hi all. I did my first Tonal workout yesterday and I loved it. However, during the workout, I got an explosive migraine and had to stop after 40 minutes. It was so intense it knocked me out for the day. The migraine was a result of several things: I already had a headache when I started, I was dehydrated, and it was hot. Classic combo for me. But I loved the Tonal, it was easy to use and fun. It has programs of workouts and I chose a program for a beginner that is 4 days a week, 30 minutes a session full-body workout. I am including two pictures: one is my starting strength score, the other is the amount of weight I lifted during my first workout. I look forward to improving.

2. Chew slowly and chew enough. ✅
    3. Stop Eating C.R.A.P. Challenge: ✅ No added sugar or processed foods!

yb0buybyttyb.jpg
    dv0tghvg93or.jpg
  • TeresaW1020
    :star:Good morning Team Mission Slimpossibles! This week we aren't doing a weekly challenge because we would like for you to give our
    STOP EATING CRAP OCTOBER CHALLENGE a chance. If you can do the whole month that would be awesome! But if you only do one week, that will still give you some real benefits that will help you with your health and weight loss goals. So come on over and join us! :)

pvsjtydrf9xs.png
  • leayjw
    leayjw Posts: 8 Member
    Weekly weigh in
    Username. leayjw
    Weigh in day. Sunday
    PW. 120
    CW. 119

lifestyle changes finally starting to feel more like habits! happy w how its been gg and love how the focus on health just helps everything else in my life fall into place!
This discussion has been closed.