What's on your mind?

Replies

• MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    edited October 2021
    Hello, another random thought that I don’t know why I post on a fitness site.
    So I’m sitting here feeling lonely per usual and I decided that I’m an elitist of sorts. It’s not like people don’t try to know me, it’s that I’ll dream up a reason why we wouldn’t make good friends so why try? I mean, beyond the crippling social anxiety stuff which is a huge part in it too. I’m just like, we have nothing in common so whyyyy?
    I’m just kind of an *kitten*. Like how hard is it to acknowledge people’s existence and throw on a fake smile? A simple hello? Apparently too hard for me.
    I’m just like.. zoom zoom zoom, task.... task.. oh no a person, avoid... cool now they know I’m avoiding them.... oh well... they wouldn’t like me anyway because I’m boring and they probably talk about taxes or sports or whatever functional adults talk about....zoom....task, task.... wow I’m bored..... looks at deserted message board for millionth time that has one new comment about how some random person picked up radishes from the store....riveting! .....oh no, someone said hi to me irl... zoom!... thank gawd I got out of there!

Idk and even when I haven’t run away from a conversation I just have nothing to talk about. What is there really to relate to about me? I’m a cat lady that’s completely lost to my own mind and doesn’t do anything but theatrical makeup and listens to trash music. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’m just at a loss of what to talk about with people who have whole lives they live.
    Like do they want me to overshare about sad things because I’ve got stories for days on that. Do they want to hear about my cat children?🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️ Let’s talk about astrology and tarot cards and my favorite superstitions bc I’m nuts. 😅

❤️
    You could have just asked me. The answer is……
    Yes.
    Yes I will be your best friend.
    For what it’s worth I think you’re funny and interesting and the people I get along with best don’t have tons “in common” in a lot of areas but we still have great conversations etc.
    But I get what you’re saying about not always wanting to people and stuff too.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,582 Member
    So I’m sitting here feeling lonely per usual and I decided that I’m an elitist of sorts. It’s not like people don’t try to know me, it’s that I’ll dream up a reason why we wouldn’t make good friends so why try? I mean, beyond the crippling social anxiety stuff which is a huge part in it too. I’m just like, we have nothing in common so whyyyy?
    I’m just kind of an *kitten*. Like how hard is it to acknowledge people’s existence and throw on a fake smile? A simple hello? Apparently too hard for me.
    I’m just like.. zoom zoom zoom, task.... task.. oh no a person, avoid... cool now they know I’m avoiding them.... oh well... they wouldn’t like me anyway because I’m boring and they probably talk about taxes or sports or whatever functional adults talk about....zoom....task, task.... wow I’m bored..... looks at deserted message board for millionth time that has one new comment about how some random person picked up radishes from the store....riveting! .....oh no, someone said hi to me irl... zoom!... thank gawd I got out of there!

Idk and even when I haven’t run away from a conversation I just have nothing to talk about. What is there really to relate to about me? I’m a cat lady that’s completely lost to my own mind and doesn’t do anything but theatrical makeup and listens to trash music. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’m just at a loss of what to talk about with people who have whole lives they live.
    Like do they want me to overshare about sad things because I’ve got stories for days on that. Do they want to hear about my cat children?🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️ Let’s talk about astrology and tarot cards and my favorite superstitions bc I’m nuts. 😅

When you say "trash music" is that a genre or just music you think others will think is *kitten*?
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,416 Member
    0z6772qmx95o.gif
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    MelG7777 wrote: »

❤️
    Yes.
    For what it’s worth I think you’re funny and interesting and the people I get along with best don’t have tons “in common” in a lot of areas but we still have great conversations etc.

🥰🥰🥰 Hey bestie!
    I’m just a really difficult person to deal with not in a confrontational way but a why won’t she talk to me way. I think it psychologically messes with people because they can fill in the blanks with their own insecurities. I just need a shirt that says, “It’s not about you, I just can’t” OR I just stop being weird. 🤷🏻‍♀️ That would be easier for all.

• OpheliaCooter
    glassyo wrote: »

When you say "trash music" is that a genre or just music you think others will think is *kitten*?

People generally dislike the things I listen to and most of it isn’t really meant to be listened to with company anyway.
    Like nobody I know likes Lana Del Rey (except one girl but we don’t hang out) but sometimes you gotta tap into your depressed sugar baby’s slow decent into madness because your daddy issues are toxic but now it’s kinda romantic vibes.
    Ashniko for more of an aggressive brat mania sexaholic vibes.
    Halsey for self aware ‘I’m not living my life right’ and my exs sucked vibes.
    Kehlani is SEX full stop.
    Jazmin Bean for stalker/murderer gore goth vibes.
    Mariah Carey in general but also specifically the butterfly album.

I listen to many things though. I just gravitate most often to like.... slow stuff. Though recently I’ve been in a punky phase which isn’t slow at all. The kpop phase was actually appreciated more than I thought it would be.
    Nobody’s like, hey, hand her the aux
  • MelG7777

❤️
    Yes.

🥰🥰🥰 Hey bestie!
    I’m just a really difficult person to deal with not in a confrontational way but a why won’t she talk to me way. I think it psychologically messes with people because they can fill in the blanks with their own insecurities. I just need a shirt that says, “It’s not about you, I just can’t” OR I just stop being weird. 🤷🏻‍♀️ That would be easier for all.

I have friends like that.
    I’m ordering necklaces.
    6vxqqcqgw8qd.gif
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member

❤️
    Yes.

🥰🥰🥰 Hey bestie!

I have been likened to a cat in both personality and mannerisms, so in an odd way (or maybe not so odd way), I can relate. I don't fit into a neat little box for people to tick off (but when you think about it and actually get to know people individually, very few people ever actually fit in a neat little box) and I'm not particularly interested in being "not weird" for people to "get along with". And my face? Apparently, I either have perma-RBF or a face that says, "*kitten* off, I won't talk to you", when really the furthest thing is actually true.

I can and *will* talk to people, but I remain ever guarded and suspicious of the motives of other people. And again, that's nothing on those people; just too many times in my life I've either been burned, been the butt of someone's joke or otherwise realized that people are pretty *kitten* to one another and think that's acceptable behavior... and I'm not interested in that.

For what it's worth, it's okay if you "can't" and it's 100% okay if you're weird, different or less mainstream than the rest of the crowd you're around. The trouble comes from when and if a person makes that their sole defining personality trait. :heart:
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member

People generally dislike the things I listen to and most of it isn’t really meant to be listened to with company anyway.
    Like nobody I know likes Lana Del Rey (except one girl but we don’t hang out) but sometimes you gotta tap into your depressed sugar baby’s slow decent into madness because your daddy issues are toxic but now it’s kinda romantic vibes.

I listen to many things though. I just gravitate most often to like.... slow stuff. Though recently I’ve been in a punky phase which isn’t slow at all. The kpop phase was actually appreciated more than I thought it would be.

Most of the music I listened to is best defined (by others anyway) as "slow stuff I want to kill myself listening to" or, in the words of my husband "music that sounds like it's playing at less than 33 RPM". I also oddly like baroque pop, particularly if it's poppy, but the lyrics are depressing as *kitten*.

But apparently, that makes me a "downer".
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,582 Member
    I like boy bands and showtunes so no judgment.

And I finally heard my first bts song (cuz it was likened to One Direction) and really liked it. Probably because it was likened to One Direction. 😀
  • OpheliaCooter

❤️
    Yes.

🥰🥰🥰 Hey bestie!

I’m ordering necklaces.
    6vxqqcqgw8qd.gif

bxapsk8ag0kn.gif

I’m sorry but this gif is hilarious
  • OpheliaCooter

Most of the music I listened to is best defined (by others anyway) as "slow stuff I want to kill myself listening to" or, in the words of my husband "music that sounds like it's playing at less than 33 RPM". I also oddly like baroque pop, particularly if it's poppy, but the lyrics are depressing as *kitten*.

But apparently, that makes me a "downer".

I get this
  • OpheliaCooter
    I like boy bands and showtunes so no judgment.

And I finally heard my first bts song (cuz it was likened to One Direction) and really liked it. Probably because it was likened to One Direction. 😀

Idk why bts is so big because I think there’s tons of bands just like them but I guess it’s the luck of the draw.
  • MelG7777

❤️
    Yes.

🥰🥰🥰 Hey bestie!

I’m ordering necklaces.
    6vxqqcqgw8qd.gif

bxapsk8ag0kn.gif

I’m sorry but this gif is hilarious

🥰🥰
    kae34e4hr9z7.gif
  • Ironwoman1111
    Ironwoman1111 Posts: 3,913 Member
    🥱🛏🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,416 Member