Share Your Day

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,581 Member
    edited October 2021
    I think I covered "Sisu" and "Orka" today - but not "Lagom"

Just finishing up a crazy work day. 17 hours, and still didn't make the midnight deadline. Not my fault - those I'm working with/for are in Rome and kinda messed things up big time. Seems like we may get away with things though - because so far I've been able to upload documents well past the deadline - maybe that will carry on all weekend?

Ate more than I wanted - but I came in close to maintenance (fitbit says I'm over by 15 calories :) ) and that was with some "feed my brain" treats, which honestly felt legitimate because I hit the point several times where I couldn't think anymore - and a couple of walks helped - but not a much as chocolate - or coffee (which I don't drink) with a few spoons of sugar. 🙀

So, I'm not going to beat myself up tooooo much.
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,708 Member
    @lauriekallis

What about these three?

lkbc2ikc3eol.png
    10e600vyk91d.png
    scye316m86dv.png
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,803 Member
    Must be those long, dark, cold winters that make Scandinavians so creative with language!
  • Bella_Figura
    Yay, a streakiversary!

rvru6vkwidf4.jpeg
  • lauriekallis
    Happy streakiversary!

Love those words. I really need to aim for kallsarikannit soon :)
  • Bella_Figura
    I really need to aim for kallsarikannit soon :)

Not to mention KNULLRUFS!
  • lauriekallis
    knullrufs is my normal looking state - unfortunately it is pretty well always out of context :(
  • Yoolypr
    I really need to aim for kallsarikannit soon :)

Not to mention KNULLRUFS!

Been there, done that! Of course it was like a hundred years ago so I may be misremembering.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,241 Member
    Anxiety is still up but does seem to be slowly coming back down to normal.

Woke up this morning with back and hip pain. Most likely because I have been so tense for so long now and my body is protesting against it. Which has also led to a slight IC flare. Oh well... that's life.

Went grocery shopping yesterday (Aldi and Fresh Thyme) and then to Costco. The price of groceries have really started to increase here. The price of meat though? Holy heck. I wanted to get some meat for the freezer but it was just too much. I did get my normal bag of chicken breasts but that was easily up at least $2. It's bad enough that I am looking into making more vegetarian options... and options that let me really stretch meat out.
  • Yoolypr

Athijade wrote: »
    Anxiety is still up but does seem to be slowly coming back down to normal.Woke up this morning with back and hip pain. Most likely because I have been so tense for so long now and my body is protesting against it. Which has also led to a slight IC flare.

Hope you’re feeling better soon. Stress and tension play havoc with us both mentally and physically.
  • I've been very tired and low energy today.
  • Yoolypr
    I've been very tired and low energy today.
    I think the changing season and shorter days affect people in many ways.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,530 Member
    edited October 2021
    Everyone has been shipped away... and I woke up with a headache!

CCCGG tried to jump on a Vancouver bound plane! How exactly did Air Canada scan her boarding pass and check her id and let her proceed into a plane that didn't even have the row letter she was assigned to (two row plane instead of three)!?

Once she realized the issue... the flight attendant she flagged didn't believe she could be there!🤷🏻‍♂️

Then they stopped the boarding so she could swim upstream... hustled her out the door past the waiting people and back out to the nearby gate where she was supposed to have been boarding! And instead of boarding with the first batch (zone 2 as an emergency row window seat)... she did the walk of shame as the last person on!

And of course in Germany the smart people there decided that Canadian security screening is obviously way too lax, so they took pictures, patted her down AND looked through all her hand and carry on luggage before letting her through!!!! They seemed especially interested in the maple salmon nuggets and Godiva chocolate drops!🤷🏻‍♂️

She's safely home exactly 18 hours after boarding the hotel shuttle!
  • lauriekallis
    Clearly, CCCGG wasn't supposed to leave BC.
  • Yoolypr
    Clearly, CCCGG wasn't supposed to leave BC.

Clearly a message from the Greek gods.
  • First day for Son at new job. He came home, checked his email, ate his dinner, and is upstairs taking a shower before he goes to bed since he has to get up at, I quote, the *ss crack of dawn" to be at work by six am. I made him individual crustless quiches loaded with sausage, cheese and shredded potatoes (Texas muffin pan) and then made Texas blueberry muffins to go with them. Easy to eat while browsing the net before work, and solid calories for someone doing physical work.

• lauriekallis
    If I was that boy (man :) ) I would never ever ever leave your home.
  • I like to cook for people I love. It's my love language.

I like having him live here. I know he eventually wants his own place, but I suspect pay rent and get my cooking and his room cleaned and laundry done while he's at work is going to make him stay until he needs to go.

And if I'm looking at some surgeries in '21, then it would be good to have someone else around.
  • Yoolypr
    So wonderful to have family support each other. He’ll move on eventually but there will be some warm memories made now.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    My daughter has never left home, not even for college!…first she brought home a dog, then her future husband, another dog, they followed us across the country and two babies were added to the mix….none of them ( except the dogs that have since passed at the old ages of 14 and 15 ) have ever left us!…fast forward, they are still here plus a different dog!…we manage to co habitat very well….our son left home at 22 and hasn’t moved back home!….