Check In Friend No Excuses

Don't want to join some big challenge or threads. Just want to meet some like minded people who want someone on their butt to stay focused. Like chat here then add as friend then check in on one another.
I know what to do, just need someone on my *kitten* to not find am excuse. I work 10 hr days, coach, go to college, trying to start biz,, busy, but still have time to work out and cook, but don't want to get lazy.

Replies

• sportygal1971
    sportygal1971 Posts: 60 Member
    Lol I typed A S S and it said 😸kitten
  • javi748f
    javi748f Posts: 5 Member
    Hi there....

Sounds like exactly what I need. I often use work as an excuse not to log. That's my biggest challenge - not logging food - and hence falling short of my fitness goals.
  • sportygal1971
    Nutrition is the key for sure.
  • Kate515285
    Kate515285 Posts: 41 Member
    I need a check-in friend/accountabilibuddy!
  • WTGNicole
    WTGNicole Posts: 58 Member
    I would love this too!
  • ktrowse1
    ktrowse1 Posts: 3 Member
    Me too!
  • pinkcamo319
    pinkcamo319 Posts: 25 Member
    Sounds good guys. I’m in. I work retail so my work schedule is never the same. I think I use that and my constant need to do housework as my excuses.

I know what needs to be done. Sometimes I think I just lack the motivation. I don’t like what I see when I look in the mirror so I know I need to get myself recommitted.
  • sportygal1971
    Sounds good guys. I’m in. I work retail so my work schedule is never the same. I think I use that and my constant need to do housework as my excuses.

I know what needs to be done. Sometimes I think I just lack the motivation. I don’t like what I see when I look in the mirror so I know I need to get myself recommitted.

I motivate the kids I work with but get sick of being a cheerleader for myself. I do 16k steps a day at work but I still have weekends to get in good workouts when my feet don't hurt, plus I do water aerobics 2xs during the week.
    Nothing is impossible but takes discipline.
  • sportygal1971
    I'd add ppl as friends but uh how do you do it? Lol I just know how to accept requests lol
  • pinkcamo319
    pinkcamo319 Posts: 25 Member
    Sportygal1971 you are absolutely right about the discipline
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,379 Member
    I'd add ppl as friends but uh how do you do it? Lol I just know how to accept requests lol

Quit sitting on your butt making excuses and adding friends that go work out!

Am I doing it right? 😂

If you are on a web based browser you have to click the username twice before the add friend function shows. On the app it's right below the picture next to the envelope icon.

• TakeTheLongWayHome
    TakeTheLongWayHome Posts: 815 Member
    I hope you all find what you are looking for, but it isn’t from the outside. It has to come from within. Motivation is fleeting. Exercise has to become something that you want to do instead of something that you feel have to do.
  • bhurley100
    bhurley100 Posts: 201 Member
    Same! Also, if anyone on this thread wants to chat and see if we are a good fit to push each other daily, friend request and personal message me!

I'm in the same boat girl! I know what I gotta do, I just need accountability and a hard push to get *kitten* done daily! I'm ready! If you or anyone else wants to chat, feel free to message me!

Good luck!

Brittany
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    If your diary is open and you don't starve yourself/want to do things the healthy way by all means feel free to add
  • midsummer174627
    midsummer174627 Posts: 386 Member
    I struggle to keep up with the challenges and I can't find one with a good vibe anyway. Keep it simple!
    Hi! I bought a house this summer and got married 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately I've been gaining weight due to meds? age? I exercise regularly but probably not as intensely as when I went to the gym before regularly. Height 5'5" Today's weigh in is is 162. gw 145.
  • kitkat4650
    kitkat4650 Posts: 1 Member
    Yes please! This is exactly what I need! Any success I’ve had with weight loss in the past has been directly related to accountability. I have about 20 pounds to lose.
  • AKTipsyCat
    AKTipsyCat Posts: 240 Member
    I hope you all find what you are looking for, but it isn’t from the outside. It has to come from within. Motivation is fleeting. Exercise has to become something that you want to do instead of something that you feel have to do.

This is true - it does come from within, ultimately. However, for lots of people, the sense of community really helps when personal will power and habit making isn't quite enough. There have been a number of times I've gotten off my couch because Fitbit told me a friend had just past me and I hadn't hit my daily goal yet for the day... accountability to others helps. Also, sometimes plain old pettiness can take over and you're all like... Well if SHE CAN DO IT.. there ain't no way I CAN'T. LOL. We all take motivation from where we can get it. :)