TEAM: Flab-U-Less (October)

AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,330 Member
    My MFP user name is cormierannie.
    Weigh in week 1 for October.
    Weigh in day is Thursday.
    Previous week's weight: 173 pounds.
    Today's weight 172 pounds.
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    leni1us
    Friday Week 1
    PW: 149.6
    CW: 149.0
  • tina9572
    tina9572 Posts: 203 Member
    Tina9572
    October week 1

PW : 171,7
    CW : 169,7
  • erinmorgan
    erinmorgan Posts: 288 Member
    erinmorgan
    October week 1
    PW 201.8
    CW 201.4
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    LoraineGB
    Weigh in day Saturday
    Week 1: 188.8

A bit about me….. I’m a Brit living in Las Vegas, I’ve been up and down with my weight since moving to US ten years ago.

I’m inherently lazy and struggle to exercise in the desert heat. Thankfully, we’re now in the 90’s so I see afternoon walks and bike rides in the near future :)

I’m excited for a good result for our team in October
  • AB0215
    ABOUT THE CHALLENGES & REQUIRED WEIGHT POSTINGS

We are going to be running (Optional) Mini-challenges this month: Mini-Accountability Challenge

First and foremost is that participation in this challenge is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this. If you don't want to participate in these challenges, you don't have to, the choice is yours, but I would like to encourage you to participate as it seems to help keep us on track and thinking about our goals on a daily basis and it's encouraging to see other's successes and struggles so that we realize that we are not alone!!

The Daily Posts Challenge is based on another challenge on MFP called UAC (Ultimate Accountability Challenge). The way UAC works is that the aim is to follow 5 basic rules.

#1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget. (you set your own budget)
    #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    #4. 1 pass day permitted per week (went over calories, could not track, not enough exercise, intentional pass)
    #5. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

****End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "Winners Circle".

**A side note as there has been a bit of confusion for new members in the past, this is not the same as the official results, which are weight based, this is just another tool to help you reach your weight loss goals.**

**REMEMBER**
    You set your own daily budget.
    You choose you own exercise and intensity (no step limit, no exercises you cannot or should not do, 20 mins of gardening counts as much as a 10 mile run, activity is activity, anything that gets you up and moving!).
    Is not weight based (as weight fluctuates day by day).
    Can continue beyond weight loss.

Daily check in keeps you in touch with those doing similar. Longer term weight management is hard to do on your own.

It also has frequent resets (as in a circle each week).

It works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work. Remember, this is a judgement free zone, everyone has good days and bad days, but the way to get to the finish line is by being honest and when we have a bad day, picking ourselves up and carrying on the next day!

Consistency and new habits have been shown the only long term successful way to change weight. We all want the progress made here to last a lifetime.

Your posts should look like this:
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Goals/Day/Comments: (Tell us a brief description about your how your day went or your goals for the day)

Please post your weight on your scheduled weigh in day, as if you miss weigh-ins, you may be eliminated from the challenge and we don't want to see that happen!!

Your posts should look like this:
    AB0215 (username)
    Week 1 (which week it is)
    PW =(previous weight)
    CW=(current weight)

Please, please setup your posts in that format as it really makes it much easier for us to track your progress for the challenges and the weight loss!!

We are committed to this group and to help where we can, and please let us know if we can help in any way!!

Welcome to the October Challenge!!
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    WA_Teacher
    Previous Weight: 230.8
    Current Weight: 229.5

HI TEAM!
    I’m a 5th grade ELA teacher in Washington State. Currently, I am struggling with getting motived to workout. I love going out for walks but PNW is slipping into our rainy season. :/ So this month I'm hoping to tighten up on my exercise routine and add some weight training.
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    LoraineGB wrote: »
    Thankfully, we’re now in the 90’s so I see afternoon walks and bike rides in the near future :)

90's sound so nice, it's 54 and raining here.
  • AB0215

My MFP user name is cormierannie.
    Weigh in week 1 for October.
    Weigh in day is Thursday.
    Previous week's weight: 173 pounds.
    Today's weight 172 pounds.

@cormierannie If your weigh in day is scheduled for Thursday, you'll post your weight on that day, otherwise, if you'd prefer we can change it to Sunday instead.
  • AB0215
    LoraineGB wrote: »
    LoraineGB
    Weigh in day Saturday
    Week 1: 188.8

A bit about me….. I’m a Brit living in Las Vegas, I’ve been up and down with my weight since moving to US ten years ago.

I’m inherently lazy and struggle to exercise in the desert heat. Thankfully, we’re now in the 90’s so I see afternoon walks and bike rides in the near future :)

@LoraineGB Your weigh in Day is scheduled for Saturday and as such, it isn't due for Week 1 until Saturday October 9th.
  • AB0215
    tina9572 wrote: »
    Tina9572
    October week 1

@tina9572 Your Weigh in Day is scheduled for Saturday and isn't due until Saturday, October 9th, would you like to keep it as Saturday?
  • AB0215
    leni1us wrote: »
    leni1us
    Friday Week 1
    PW: 149.6
    CW: 149.0

@leni1us Your weigh in is due Friday, is this an early post?
  • erinmorgan
    Did I post my weigh in too early?!! I chose Saturday but weighed in this morning and posted it today!
  • erinmorgan
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes under
    Exercise: Yes - 45 min walk
    Goals/Day/Comments: I had a good day! Went grocery shopping and stocked up on all sorts of healthy options. Researched and found some new recipes that I’m excited about!!
  • wander216
    wander216 Posts: 90 Member
    Week 1 weigh in
    Wander216
    Sunday
    Pw : 175.4
    Cw: 176.2 ☹️
    Not sure what’s up, really actually was a good week for calorie counting.
    Hopefully better next week😃
  • dheliason
    dheliason Posts: 316 Member
    dheliason
    October week 1
    Monday
    PW: 152.8
    CW: 154.6

This makes me sad
  • tina9572
    tina9572 Posts: 203 Member
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Tina9572
    October week 1

@tina9572 Your Weigh in Day is scheduled for Saturday and isn't due until Saturday, October 9th, would you like to keep it as Saturday?

Yes I would like to keep it on Saturday. This post was for Saturday October 2nd, not the 9th. Should I have posted in the September thread instead? Sorry for the confusion!
  • AB0215
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Tina9572
    October week 1

Yes I would like to keep it on Saturday. This post was for Saturday October 2nd, not the 9th. Should I have posted in the September thread instead? Sorry for the confusion!

@tina9572 Yes, remember, Saturday weigh ins are due on Saturday by midnight (there is some leeway as they'll still get added up until the end of the week results are posted which is either Sunday or Monday depending on how busy I am)
  • AB0215
    wander216 wrote: »
    Week 1 weigh in
    Wander216
    Sunday
    Pw : 175.4
    Cw: 176.2 ☹️
    Not sure what’s up, really actually was a good week for calorie counting.
    Hopefully better next week😃

@wander216 Hang in there, it can be any number of things that have an effect on weight. If you're paying attention to your intake and taking steps, eventually the scale should fall in line. Don't lose hope.
  • AB0215
    erinmorgan wrote: »
    Did I post my weigh in too early?!! I chose Saturday but weighed in this morning and posted it today!

@erinmorgan So the way weigh ins work is that we add them on your scheduled day. Saturday is the week closing/ending day so I post weekly results either Sunday or Monday and if you don't post the weight on Saturday, sometimes it won't make the cut off and won't be counted in the weekly results. There is a little leeway, I don't always post the week results on Sunday mornings, but sometimes I do and the danger of posting Sunday for a Saturday weigh in is that I may do the results early Sunday morning if that is the only point where I have time.
    Does that make sense?
This discussion has been closed.