• my_gatorgirl_8
    my_gatorgirl_8 Posts: 125 Member
    My little baby
    wcc04ladyoq5.jpg

Omg...how cute is that!
  • kenziestabes
    kenziestabes Posts: 338 Member
    nossmf wrote: ยป
    We recently got a shelter dog, a mixed breed siberian husky / black lab, which the shelter estimated at about 5 months old. Very friendly, gets along with our cats, doesn't bark much, everything is great... except house training. This dog still, almost daily, leaves us a "friendly offering" on our carpet. Never during the day, when we let him outside several times a day, but each morning there's usually at least one new pile for whomever wakes first to clean.

I've heard the way to break this is rub the pup's nose in it, but as this snippet of advice was part of a comedian's standup skit, I'm hesitant to take it at face value. Any suggestions from the community?

Don't rub the pup's nose in it! By the time you find it, enough time has passed he doesn't understand what's happening. Do you crate train him? My dog sleeps in her crate (with her dog bed, pillow, blanket, and stuffed animal). It has just enough room for her to stand, turn around, and lay down comfortably, but not enough that she has a corner to "go" in. Dogs will hold it over having to sleep where they've gone to bathroom. Put the food away at least an hour before bedtime and take him outside to go potty at the end of your nighttime routine.

Keep in mind that puppies, even large ones, don't have the best bladder control. It will get better as he gets older.

Does he know how to ask to go outside? If you're deciding when he goes outside, he might not be able to learn how to tell you he needs to go.
  • gutzbgon
    gutzbgon Posts: 57 Member
    68wTjnRHedEIfqXHqCvf4C.gif

@wunderkindking I just know I'd mess that order up!!!
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    68wTjnRHedEIfqXHqCvf4C.gif

@wunderkindking I just know I'd mess that order up!!!

We (agility people in general) frequently DO :wink: You get pretty good at memorization and what the patterns likely are after a while though.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,854 Member
    I wanna get a Doberman so bad, but I don't have the time to invest into loving it. A smart, strong dog like that needs the attention. Anyone have and Dobies? Pics plz.
  • my_gatorgirl_8
    czp4dhamabf3.jpeg

Teo at the park.

How pretty a dog..๐Ÿ™‚
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    @Butt_Snorkeler Love the pictures, especially the last one <3
  • my_gatorgirl_8
    Always steals my seat 2lzioc5kw1q6.jpg

How cute is that face. ๐Ÿ™‚