What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Day 18 EPIC I (full body workout - dumbbell complex)
  • 200Karen
    200Karen Posts: 1,725 Member
    20+ HIIT on trampoline

now outside preparing for winter 🐿
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Today is a bike rest day, so doing upper body workouts and lunges thru the day.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,094 Member
    Finally some strength training again!
    Landmine deadlift 3 sets
    Barbell bench press 2 sets
    Cable pull-down 2 sets
    Barbell shoulder press 2 sets
    Cable row 2 sets
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Wanted to get one of my two timed tests (for my indoor rowing club) done today. The "Rugby Test" -- some brutal row that some sadist thought out. 1K, 3 minutes rest, 750m, 2:30 rest, 500m, 2 rest, 250, 2 rest and then 750m, which just destroys you like a cruel joke.

Last time I did it, I average 1:56.6 two years ago. Today was 2:00.3. Wanted to do sub 2:00 pace but just died on that last 750m. Higher drag factor than normal, so that might have contributed a bit.

Gym tonight.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    I have stayed reasonably active for my time in Norwich, relying on walking, hangboarding, kettlebells and the odd run. (I'm staying out of gyms in a vague attempt at self isolation to protect Mum.) My logging here has missed quite a few sessions, though.

My average step count over the last week has been 25,000 per day. Yesterday was kettle bell(24 kgs, swings and get ups), hangboarding and 33,000 steps. Today has just been kettle bells so far.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Yoga and some WIMHOF breath work...
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,898 Member
    Pull Day... pullups, pulldowns, cable rows, shrugs, preacher curls
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Back on the bike today - 19.5 miles @ 13.7 mph average.

Yesterday was a bike rest day, but I did get in several sets of lunges and push-ups to get some exercise in for the day.
  • dethstar77
    dethstar77 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Ran a 10K...
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    After yesterday's disappointing time on my timed row, I decided I really need to get back more to controlled work on my easy days. Did a nice and slow 11K on the rower on the deck today. Was pleasant outside with a breeze.

HR never got above 70% of max, which is what I strive to do. Very hard for me to do that on anything over 6K, but I went out really slow and controlled, which I think made all the difference.

Taking off tomorrow. Have to drive down to Mexico for some dental work. They have state of the art clinics right across the border for like 1/3 of the price of American dentistry. Most Tucson people go there for their dental work. You just park, walk across the border and it's right there. I also enjoy the shops there, so I'll do some walking around.
  • CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,594 Member
    Yoga and a 45 minute walk
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,094 Member
    Quite a busy day today: dentist then work till nearly 7PM.
    While BF prepared dinner, I went for a run: 4.5km in 34 minutes. It didn't go very well, my legs weren't cooperating very well, but instead of aborting, I threw in some walking intervals.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,953 Member
    About 7500m rowing bow in the double, very low energy (slept like &%*#), skipped the usual walk after, subsequently home being a bump on a log. Pfizer vax #3 tomorrow (I'm 65), so we'll see how I feel after, may or may not work out.
  • goldenxbeauty
    goldenxbeauty Posts: 154 Member
    Splitting wood for 2 hours with an 8lb splitting maul.
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Day 21 EPIC I (leg workout - dumbbell complexes)
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    First real exercise in ten days. Took my bike outside for an hour spin along the river. About 15 miles of no heavy work, just smooth pedaling. Felt pretty good.