• vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,126 Member
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    PW: 190.4
    CW: 190.8
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    My intro: Happy Halloween Month, everyone! It’s my favorite time of the year! My name is Jennifer and I am a single mom of 3 adult children – son, Marcus, is 26 and in the Navy (stationed in Virginia), oldest daughter, Sydney, is 24 and lives with her husband, Nick, about an hour south of me (Indiana), and my youngest daughter, Hunter, is 21 and is still at home with me. I work in Community Development for my county in Southwest Michigan (been there over 16 years now). I love to rubber stamp (I’m a Stampin’ Up demo) and make cards. I'm an active member of my church (Board member), and also love horror movies and books. I've been vegan for over 9 years, but fell into the usual junk food/fast food/convenience food trap and currently have about 40 pounds to get rid of.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    @Katmary71 Happy Belated Birthday!!!!!!!

@trooworld I am definitely going to check out some of those books on your list! I really want to read Something Wicked This Way Comes. Hunter and I watched a play of it a couple years ago and I just got my hands on the Disney movie…we watched it last Thursday. I’m sure the book is way more intense. My movie yesterday was Train to Busan. A Korean zombie flick that was surprisingly good – and super sad. Have you seen it? It’s from 2016 and I’d been putting it off because I was too lazy to read the subtitles (and I refuse to watch dubbed films). I was really missing out on a gem! I’m glad you like your Tonal, but man does it suck to get a migraine. HYDRATE HYDRATE HYDRATE!!!

@TeresaW1020 I’ll be sure to enjoy all the horror movies for you! I think I like horror so much because it (mostly) can’t come true. A great escapism for me :smile:

@TheGlwUp It’s so hard to turn the focus of care onto ourselves. I’m sure it will help both physically and mentally. Good luck on the race training, too!

@GabiV125 What a fantastic goal! You’ve got this! And I am chuckling over the difference of your dog and your neighbor’s :smiley:

@Cornanda That Thanksgiving post threw me off for a minute, too! Hahaha

@laurelfit57 It’s so awesome that you’re so close to goal!

@krea4 I’m the same way – if it’s in the house, I definitely WILL eat it.

@leayjw So glad your changes are becoming habits! It’s so hard to retrain our brains. Good job!

Congrats on being on the leaderboard @Jwhitegarcia @19shmoo69 @davidji82 @krea4 and @laurelfit57 !!!

I think I have been hitting life too hard with all the caregiving of my daughter and mom and my body is telling me to slow down. Last night I started sneezing so hard it hurt my throat. By the time I went to bed, I was really feeling it in the back of my throat and today I can barely swallow. Googled it to make sure it isn’t the ‘rona and it would appear to either be my allergies kicking into high gear or a common cold. No other symptoms, so I’m hoping maybe it’s just an animal under the house again that is aggravating the allergies. So today I’m working from home (so thankful that’s an option), took my allergy med and now sipping on Yellow & Blue – a tea blend of chamomile and lavender that my local tea shop sells. Guess I have plenty of time to watch my 4th Day of Halloween movie today – You’re Next. I’m not really into home invasion films, but this one has been collecting dust ever since I bought it. Time to actually watch it!

My 100 Day Challenge is still pretty much going strong…staying within calories, but not staying away from processed foods, which I believe is what caused my 0.4 pound gain. I’m not gonna berate myself, though. I assessed the situation, saw where I messed up (salty processed foods), and am correcting it. I am going to join the CRAP October challenge. I’ve already slowed down on a lot of it, but if I cut out ALL the CRAP, I know I’ll feel SO MUCH BETTER!

NO MORE EXCUSES
    WITH PURPOSE

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    Correction.png

Due to additional calculations following the posting of the previous results...
    I have some corrections I'd like to make to the team leaderboards for both Week 5
    and the month of September

WEEK 5
    wpgq45os7qfm.png
    x7cn2szz2gfq.png

SEPTEMBER
    cm8u4umspf32.png
    me1cxq590u34.png
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited October 2021
    @vegan4lyfe You have to take care of yourself or you will be the one needing TLC! Have fun with your horror. :grin: You know that processed foods are so loaded with high sodium and other unwanted ingredients. Good job on correcting what you saw as an issue. Get the CRAP out of your diet!! :)

Hi Team! Today was a good day. I tried on most of the clothes in my closet and two bags are heading out to be donated. I even found a pair of jeans in a drawer that I guess were once to small and now fit me perfectly. So yayyy! It is both fun and heartbreaking to try on some shirts that are now so big on me. I don’t think I realized just how big I had allowed myself to get. Which has me reflecting a lot today because the scale was up this morning and I know it’s because I still eat too big of portions. I’ve come a long way with my nutrition, and I don’t snack and I only eat two meals a day. But more often than not my meals are still too large. I’m really going to work on that and tracking closely and staying at or below my calories will be key.
    :star: 100 DAY CHALLENGE – DAY TEN :star:
    1. Track Food & Stay within calorie goal (1400): I was over with 1498 calories. :/
    2. Exercise/Physical Activity: Beachbody MBFA full body
    3. Stop Eating C.R.A.P Challenge: No added sugar today!
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Thanks for cheer @trooworld and @vegan4lyfe2012. Now I have to repeat for October.

Today I had my first diabetes prevention group meeting. My last yearly Hb1A result was 40, not yet pre-diabetic (... that would be 42🙈) but jolly close. I had gestational diabetes during all 3 pregnancies so my risk of type 2 is high.
    Hoping that the reduced sugar intake in September will become habitual.
    However, it's not just sugar, I have a very high carbohydrate diet. The group today was discussing reducing starch intake, especially from wheat products.
    I've been a vegetarian for 33 years and have always found it difficult to get protein that isn't combined with high fat or high carbs.
    If anyone has any advice it would be greatly received. Thanks

🎊100 days challenge🎊
    Day 12 - 4.10.21
    🎉 No unhealthy snacks 🎉 7/100
    🎊 No eating after 7.30 🎊 8/100
    🥳 Exercise every day 🥳 9/100
  • TeresaW1020
    @krea4 I don’t have any advice for how to get in more protein as a vegetarian. I’m sure @vegan4lyfe will be able to offer some good tips. I would take a hard look at what kind of carbs are you eating the most. Whole grains, legumes, tofu, and veggies are a much better choice than simple carbs and even a lot of fruits in my opinion. I’m sure you will get those numbers down the more you reduce sugar and refined foods that don’t hold a lot of nutritional value. :)

Hi Team! We are quiet today. It was a cool, rainy day here and I spent most of it doing things around the house. Tonight I made a Keto Philly cheesesteak casserole that was a big hit with the family. Although, hubby thought the steak was too well-done. Next time I plan I get three steaks and cook them all separately to make us all happy and then just cover them in sauteed veggies and a yummy cheese sauce. :)

:star: 100 DAY CHALLENGE – DAY THIRTEEN :star:
    1. Track Food & Stay within calorie goal (1400): A little under calories with 1314 and 131 grams of protein.
    2. Exercise/Physical Activity: Beachbody LIIFT4, leg day
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Daily goals :
    Date: 10/04
    Username: murdog3t
    Log food: ✅
    7000 steps: ✅
    30 min exercise: ✅
    30 min walk: ✅
    Less than 30g sugar: ❌
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,534 Member
    Thank you for all the birthday wishes! I'm way behind, I'll just do my intro and get down to business! I'm a motivator along with @AustinRuadhain and @trooworld , I've been in this group for a couple years now.

I'm Kathy, I'm 50 and live in CA with two cats. My ex-boyfriend is still living here with his two cats so needless to say, there's cat hair everywhere. I'm disabled but still do modified workouts which are variations of chair cardio and weights plus stretching. I volunteer at the food bank farm, a local organization in my town, and have a big garden of my own. I've been dealing with chronic pain issues for a long time, went into remission for a bit and got healthy, then came out of it about 1-and-a-half years ago and I'm trying to stay as healthy as I can and still have a life. I'm not currently working but may be helping my brother with his work for a bit. My biggest hobbies are reading and gardening.

My birthday celebration was fun, I went out with my parents and my brother's family and we went to The Old Spaghetti Factory (all my favorite places were closed on a Sunday and it's the only day my brother has off) then back to my brother's for cake and ice cream. We'd just finished the cake my ex got me for my birthday so I'm ALMOST back on track, tonight's the last night of cake. My brother and I are going to go to a concert at a later date but my SIL wants to come and she doesn't like hard rock so I don't know who we'll end up seeing, I'm always happy around live music of any kind but my favorite is hard rock so we'll see how this goes. I just finished Where The Crawdads Sing which was a really good book if any of you are looking for a good read. In the theme of October next up is Salem's Lot.
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 475 Member
    I really thought I posted my introduction a couple of days ago, I can’t see it, so here it is.

Hi everyone, my name is Laurel. I am 64 years old and live in Alberta. I am a mom of 5: 4 adult kids all out in their own, one fur baby who is super active and helps me get in my daily steps and two amazing grand kiddos ♥️.
    I have been on a weight loss journey for what feels like forever! I have about 15 pounds to lose, to get to goal weight. I am not sure if I will settle at 130 or 135, I will know when I get there.:).
    I am really looking to reach goal weight before the year end!
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 475 Member
    I did read through all the posts, it has been a super busy couple of days. I am doing OK on the hundred day challenge, sticking to my macros and getting in my exercise. The last couple of days I have been super hectic, so I have not been mindfully eating and I’m afraid that drinking water 30 minutes before meals has been impossible.
    I went to agility class last night, my cousin brought supper which was a super delicious Mediterranean Bowl from freshii, only problem was she brought it 10 minutes before we had to leave😜. I wolfed down half of it, I was starving! I wasn’t able to eat the other half until after I got home at 8:45 PM. It was a super fun day, just challenging trying to stick to the challenge, same type of day today, both great days just very unorganized :-) :-)
  • lose4me71
    lose4me71 Posts: 36 Member
    Hi, my name is Tracy. I am 50 years old. Ive been been trying to lose weight seems like my whole life. My biggest loss was 40 lbs. After my mom passed, I found that 40 lbs and a few more. I really wanna get serious. Im working two jobs right now, so its kinda hard fitting in exercise. Im open to any suggestions. Im hoping by joing this community, it'll give me some sense of accountability and support. One of my goals for Octobee is to give up carbonated drinks whixh is hard for me but doable.

Usrname: lose4me71
    Cw: 299.1
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Wednesday
    PW: 130.8
    CW: 131.0

The 100 day countdown:
    -diary in green 10/12
    -over 10k steps 11/12

I’m slowly introducing strength exercises for my upper body, especially to my slow to recover frozen shoulder - I don’t like it but the alternative is way worse.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,868 Member
    @leayjw Congrats on the loss!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Something Wicked This Way Comes is really cool, it is more creepy than scary. I really enjoyed it. I've not seen Train to Busan but now I want to!!! Maybe I'll watch it this weekend. Speaking of horror movies with subtitles, have you seen a Japanese movie called "House" or "Housu"? We rented it from Amazon a few weeks ago, it is so weird and funny. Made in the 1970s but the camera work is so good, it often looks like it was shot in now times. re: the migraine, oh god it was sooooo bad. Yes, hydrate for sure! I hope you feel better soon and enjoyed the movie!

@krea4 I don't have any advice but am hoping someone else does. Good luck!

@TeresaW1020 You are such a good cook! That sounds amazing.

Hi all. We had to put our beloved dog down yesterday so I am having a challenging time. I did stress eat yesterday and the night before when this all started. I hope today is better.

100-day challenge commitments:
    1. I will put my utensil down between bites. ✅
    2. Chew slowly and chew enough. ✅
    3. Stop Eating C.R.A.P. Challenge: ✘

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,005 Member
    Hi all- We've made it to Wed! :)

@trooworld - Oh no! I am sooooo sorry to hear that. Will be thinking of you and here is a HUG!

@TeresaW1020 - I like to leave my house nice when I go on vacay too. I usually don't get anywhere near to perfect- but it can't be a complete mess. Because, YES, I don't want someone to catch me if the worst should happen. But also because it just makes things nicer and easier when you get back home with all the laundry.

Here is a link to the wings recipe. Don't click it until you are ready to get kicked out of the chat! They were very yummy. If you don't have an air fryer or don't like wings, well the seasoning on them is very simple and it was very tasty. I might try it on some baked pork chops.

https://domesticsuperhero.com/air-fryer-chicken-wings-super-crispy/

Lisa
  • TeresaW1020
    @Katmary71 I’m glad that you had a great birthday! Last night I was watching a baking challenge show and I wanted some cake soooo bad! Hubby promised me some when we go on our anniversary trip. :grin: I have such good things about that book from so many people! I really need to read it.

@laurelfit57 It can be so hard to stick to your goals, like the challenge, when life is super busy, so good for you for doing your best! How is your doggy doing with the agility classes? :)

@lose4me71 Welcome to our team, I am so happy you are here! Weight loss is super hard, but it is easier when you get connected to a community of like-minded people, so you did the right thing by joining our group. What kind of eating program are you on? Giving up carbonated drinks can be challenging but I did it and so can you. What I did was switch to flavored seltzer waters. At first, you will think the flavors are too mild but you will adjust and it’s so much better for you. I buy the Aldi, Kroger, or Walmart brands. And for real spurge try to find Topo Chico in the glass bottle. The one with a hint of lime is soooo good and super bubbly! :grin:

@GabiV125 I hope the upper body exercises can help your shoulder heal. Just be careful with what moves you do! <3

@trooworld Girl, you know how sorry I am about your sweet doggy! <3 Stress eating is totally understandable, but I know you can turn that around. You have to continue focusing on your health even as you take care of your grieving heart.

@Cornanda Those wings look so good!! I’m getting an air fryer for Christmas and I can’t wait to start making yummy foods in it. :)

Hi Team! Today was a good day. I went for my cleaning at the dentist, and I haven’t seen the hygienist that usually does me in almost a year because she was on vacation the last time I went it. Well, she was blown away by my weight loss and couldn’t stop talking about it and wanting all the details. She has known me at my heaviest, so it was super fun to see her reaction. The receptionist at the desk was almost as bad and my dentist was super impressed with my lack of plaque buildup. He is fascinated that I attribute it to not eating sugar and refined carbs on a daily basis. :grin: After that, I went to Kohls and found a rain jacket that I liked well enough to buy. I wanted a pair of Ponte pants but there were none I liked and even the ones I want are out of my size online. Those container ships need to get their product off the boat! :# OK I’m off to get ready and head out to church to hang with the kiddos.

:star: 100 DAY CHALLENGE – DAY 14 :star:
    1. Track Food & Stay within calorie goal (1400): A little under calories with 1263 and 135.8 grams of protein.
    2. Exercise/Physical Activity: Beachbody LIIFT4, Chest & Triceps
  • krea4
    🎊100 days challenge🎊
    Day 14 - 6.10.21
    🎉 No unhealthy snacks - 9/100
    🎊 No eating after 7.30 - 10/100
    🥳 Exercise every day - 11/100
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Daily goals :
    Date: 10/05
    Username: murdog3t
    Log food: ✅
    7000 steps: ✅
    30 min exercise: ✅
    30 min walk: ✅
    Less than 30g sugar: ✅
  • krea4
    @broncobuddee
    Krea4
    Mondays
    PW: 67.25kg 148.3lbs
    CW: 66.55kg 146.7lbs

Sorry for the late post
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,868 Member
    @Cornanda Thank you so much. I appreciate it. And thanks for the recipe, I'm glad it turned out well.

@TeresaW1020 Thank you so much. I am going to turn it around, I did a lot better yesterday. What a nice reaction at the dentist. Yeah, I've noticed it is getting harder to get stuff lately.

@krea4 Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. I did a little better yesterday and I worked out so that's progress. I still have a migraine and that sucks but I'm going to try to work out anyway.

100-day challenge commitments:
    1. I will put my utensil down between bites. ✅
    2. Chew slowly and chew enough. ✅
    3. Stop Eating C.R.A.P. Challenge: ✘

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
This discussion has been closed.