Wednesday Weigh In

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 2,824 Member
    Hi, ladies! I'm having a crazy work week...but thought I would stopin for a quick visit. Good work everyone.
    I'm starting to lose those 7 pounds - down to 174.4 today. They go on quick and come off so very slowly. :/
  • laurad1978
    laurad1978 Posts: 190 Member
    Highest weight 178lb
    Group start weight 167lb
    Goal 146lb

Last week's weigh-in: 145.8
    This weeks weigh-in: 145.8

Bouncing around this week about half a lb in each direction before landing back at this point today.

Good week overall, sticking to exercise and getting lots in and seeing improvements in my swimming. Signed up for a swim gala at the end of Nov so that will give me something to work towards.
  • lauriekallis
    What a brilliant idea, Laura. You know it's been so long since I've considered doing anything like that... Maybe something I should look at. Usually my competition/ motivation comes between me and me. Might be good to stretch out a bit.

I haven't weighed myself in a few days because my computer melted down and that caused me to order pizza. I'm going to give that a few days to get out of my system before I weigh myself or I'll be all sad.

I'm very inspired that you've managed to reach and maintain this low weight... Good for you!
  • laurad1978
    @lauriekallis Im amazed that one meal like a pizza will show on the scales for three maybe four days 😞 it's a constant battle! But I keep on reminding myself that previously I was completely obvious to the lbs creeping up. Waiting for the day that eating the right amount of calories is second nature.
  • lauriekallis
    Yes the hi sodium and refined carbs water weight is just mind blowing. Not to mention how some primitive part of my brain thinks that getting pizza will somehow make the broken computer situation a little bit better?????
  • FitByFifty1970
    FitByFifty1970 Posts: 162 Member
    Hey all; I have pizza weekly but that's why I weigh in on Thursdays. My crazy night is typically Saturday so that gives me a few days to get the bloat out before weigh in.
  • FitByFifty1970
    Start 256.0 Sept 8, 2019
    Prior 145.9 Sept 30, 2021
    Current 143.7 Oct 7, 2021
    Loss 2.2
    Goal 130s (no specific number, just to be under 140) (see my long intro)

I had a goal of 1.5 pounds since I was even the week before but I didn't expect 2.2 for sure. Especially after a huge portion of BBQ pork nachos at the ball park (easily shareable by 2 grown adults, I had my own thank you very much) and a huge pizza blow out Saturday (5 large and loaded slices and all the vodka). But I do take it easier the other days of the week. SO I had a large loss yesterday morning, went on a long walk and went out to dinner which turned into a full blow out. A new carribean place in the sticks turned out to have amazing food so I tried a bunch of new things - guessing around 2000 calories (1 large beef empanada, tons of chips, full cubano sandwich with coconut/bean rice, 2 house made margaritas). Pizza again Saturday but likely not a blow out. Eating with the boyfriend earlier than normal then his band is coming for rehearsal so I'll do my own thing. Only will be a blow out if they all leave him early and he needs me to join back in so his blow out night isn't ruined. In the meanwhile I may go out with a friend and his girlfriend to a comedy show. It is a 2 order minimum in addition to the ticket price so I'll see what control I have, lol.

Goal for next Thursday is ideally a half-pound (again after a huge loss at this size that's asking for a lot) but as usual, even is okay. The boyfriend is in his goal range of 180s so he's maintaining; I'm so close to my goal range of 130s but I won't starve myself to make it happen. He is pretty sure I'm done - has been saying it a lot. Actually said it when I was in the 170s. He likes 'thick' girls (ewh, sorry, but I don't get that look) but luckily I'm very curvy so me losing weight enhanced my natural curvy shape so he's quite, ummm, happy, lol. But now we're at the 'you're too bony' conversation stage. I'm not, 140s at 5'4.5" is not bony but he's holding me on my side so he feels ribs, dip into the waist, then hips....not feeling all the loose skin that is puddled on the other side of my body, haha.

Have a great week!
  • laurad1978
    Highest weight 178lb
    Group start weight 167lb
    Goal 146lb

Last week's weigh-in: 145.8
    This weeks weigh-in: 147.2

Was away for the weekend cycling and kayaking up the mountains so I would expect weight to be up a few lbs as muscles hold onto water for a bit. I'm always up a bit on Mondays after my Sunday cycle so was expecting it. Still a bit discouraging when you see the scales increase after cycling over 150km of hills and sea kayaking for a few hours 🥴
    But hopefully I'll see a drop in the coming days. Have an appointment with Surgeon for breast reduction the 8th Nov and want to be below the 145 for that. Seems like a miniscule amount but my body seems to want to gravitate back to 147 so 🤞 I break this cycle soon and see a bit of a woosh drop and stay at the lower weight.
  • FitByFifty1970
    Start 256.0 Sept 8, 2019
    Prior 143.7 Oct 7, 2021
    Current 143.1 Oct 14, 2021
    Loss 0.6

My goal I said was a half-pound and I did it and am happy for that. Last week I had a huge drop, and at this size even a half-pound is a lot. Also, I had a huge dinner out last Thursday (fried empanada, chips/salsa, entire cubano sandwich with rice/beans, and 2 margaritas), Saturday usual (pizza and cocktails), Monday I had lunch out with a friend. I'm still very unsure of my maintenance so with all that intake that is higher than normal, though not insane and all tracked, I wasn't sure how I'd land.

Next week 142.# is the ideal goal so basically losing anything is great. I'm having the boyfriend's friends (another couple) over for dinner and we're not going too nuts. Steak, baked potato, roasted broccoli. Though they drink a LOT and I did make homemade cheese its so....it could be another big calorie night. Hopefully it'll be fun regardless.

@laurad1978 can I ask how you interviewed for surgeons and decided on yours? I need my belly and boobs done (boobs are down to the belly, belly is down to my knees). I'm a melted candle without clothing and it's depressing. I want to get to my 130s and maintain for 6 months and then get it all lopped off next summer.
  • laurad1978
    @FitByFifty1970 I'm based in Ireland so might be different for you. I have private health insurance but would meet the criteria for public if I needed. First off I went to my GP to get her opinion and make sure she was in agreement with me meeting the criteria. She recommended some surgeons where my insurance would fully cover it. I looked into these and couldn't find many reviews, not necessarily a bad thing as I couldn't find much information on any surgons online. I guess this is because most of our healthcare is public and the surgons dont need to promote themselves from a sales perspective. I ended up getting reccomdations from a friend who is a nurse and works in a hospital where they carry out breast reduction. Then looked into this particular surgeon who was the top reccomdation, she has embraced social media and shares quite a bit online. I liked her approach and she speaks a lot about unrealistic expectations, low self image and how unnecessary surgery is becoming a problem in society. So really I've chosen her based on her ethos.

Am I right in thinking your based in the UK? If so I'd imagine the NHS will be quite similar and you will struggle to get reviews online. If this is the case any friends at all working in hospitals would be my go to. Sorry not much help but its nothing like the US where there is loads of before and after photos of their work.

Also my consult will be next month but surgery won't be for another 8 - 12 months. So find out these timings as you might want your maintenance to fall within this period.
  • FitByFifty1970
    @laurad1978 You are so wonderful to share all of this. I'm sadly in the US and our insane approach to medical care. I didn't realize that Ireland had public healthcare. That was a topic at dinner last night, that I LOVE Ireland, been there a number of times and how wonderfully more open they've become over the decades embracing women's, gays, and minority rights but that I didn't think the healthcare coverage was quite there yet. Otherwise I'd try to see how to get settled in there and out of the US (especially before the 2024 election). My boyfriend's DNA testing shows mostly Irish heritage and we thought we'd start researching that angle to emigrate more easily (he has no family so he has noone to ask for more info).
    ANYWAY - I had consulted a few plastic surgeons here a year ago for breast reduction and the one I really liked and was more conservative hadn't gotten board certified yet, though he worked with others that are certified, it concerned me and I put it out of my head to get the rest of my weight off and then have surgery. And I didn't talk about the belly with anyone so I'm kinda still at square one I fear. The before and after are always the success though it is helpful to see the bodies that look similar so I can have realistic expectations. My boobs are a high risk, my belly will be as well since I've heard that way more invasive and harder to recover from, and overall I'm high risk (prone to blood clots and over 50 years old).
    UGH.
    Let me know how the consult goes! Wishing you the best!!!!
  • laurad1978
    @FitByFifty1970 now with the free public healthcare even more reasons to come on over ☺️
    I do feel incredibly lucky to live in a country with free health and education.
  • laurad1978
    Highest weight 178lb
    Group start weight 167lb
    Goal 146lb

Last week's weigh-in: 147.2
    This weeks weigh-in: 147.0

Well I'm certainly rocking maintenence, if only it was at 5lbs lighter 😂 I'm sure I'll get there and no point getting upset at the scales not moving. I'll need to be below 145 for my appointment on the 8th but looking at the calendar I'm not due to be bloated that week so it should be fine 🤞
  • NetiOne
    NetiOne Posts: 89 Member
    Highest weight 160 lb
    Group start weight 156lb
    Goal 120lb

Last week's weigh-in: 154.5
    This weeks weigh-in: 156.5 :-(

Haven't checked in for quite sometime. Nice to see some of the old loggers and SO PROUD of YOU!. I have been stressed and falling into the late night binging trap and could really use support. I know what I need to do but seem to lose all discipline in the evening. This week (well today...lol) I have been mindful and measured so far. Let's see what happens when the sun goes down.
  • laurad1978
    Welcome back @NetiOne I definitely get the night time binging. If I've too few calories during the day I'll go totally over that evening. I try to keep about 250kcal for evening snacks as it when I look for sugar. Generally it's a small bar of chocolate and a Yoghurt with fruit. I definitely need my sweet fix in the evening or it's just not sustainable long term.
  • laurad1978
    Highest weight 178lb
    Group start weight 167lb
    Goal 146lb

Last week's weigh-in: 147.2
    This weeks weigh-in: 145.8

Going in the right direction again. Hopefully, see the 144's in the next week or so. Sticking to low calories during the week and having a bit of wriggle room for the weekends seems to be working . . . . . although very slowly. One thing I've noticed is I weigh in heavier for a few days after a big cycle. I guess it's just muscles repairing and holding onto water for a few days.

Definitely feel like this is very close to maintenance and it also feels doable long term, the first time I have ever felt that after losing weight. Normally I'm dying for the diet to be over . . . . . which is what always lands me back where I started :-)
  • FitByFifty1970
    @laurad1978 - that's how I am counting calories; on a weekly basis, not daily. I weigh in on Thursdays and lately have been eating dinner out with maybe a cocktail that night and Saturday has always been a lot of pizza and vodka/diet soda so I go heavy those nights and lighter the rest of the week. Makes me figuring maintenance calories a lot harder, I need to figure what my 7 day intake should be to maintain and back off those 2 heavy days to have a max for the other 5. But yea, I also pack on the pounds from weigh in morning until usually Monday morning, then Tues it seems to go back down and by Thursday I've lost a little again. But that's life and I'm not going to make myself crazy every day and/or not enjoy my pizza!!!! You're doing great and it seems you can maintain your loss by living your life!
  • FitByFifty1970
    Start 256.0 Sept 8, 2019
    Prior 142.2 Oct 21, 2021 (apparently I forgot to post here, I had a 0.9 loss from the 14th to the 21st last week)
    Current 141.3 Oct 28, 2021
    Loss 0.9

I apparently forgot to post here last week, sorry. I do most of my community support in Fitbit. On the 21st I weighed 142.2, a loss of 0.9 from the 14th. My goal was anything in the 142s so I was very happy indeed. My goal for this week was anything in the 141s so being 141.3 is amazing. I ate a LOT last week but I didn't drink as much (had 3 cocktails last Thursday and nothing on Saturday) so that offset the extra food intake.

Next week I expect to gain so my goal is to keep it under .7 so I'm still in the 141s. A stretch goal is to be even. I have dinner out tonight, pizza Saturday, a party Saturday night, TONS of cake (pre-logged, long story), and then a lunch with former work friends on Tuesday. Lots going on so yea, a gain is expected so the plan is to keep it modest and not go TOO nuts!
  • laurad1978
    @FitByFifty1970 your getting very close to your 130's goal 👏👏👏👏 enjoy the week of meet ups ahead. Think we all appreciate those weeks even more now after covid.
  • FitByFifty1970
    laurad1978 wrote: »
    @FitByFifty1970 your getting very close to your 130's goal 👏👏👏👏 enjoy the week of meet ups ahead. Think we all appreciate those weeks even more now after covid.

Ha, I actually have pretty severe social anxiety and really enjoy being home alone 99.9999% of the time so it's all super stressful, way too much in too short a time. I'm literally counting down to when I will be home after the party. 35ish hours!!!!!
    My Covid life was so sweet, haha.