Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - OCTOBER 2021

Replies

• renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,253 Member

Weigh in day. Wednesday
    Username: Renaegry
    PW:159.6
    CW: 158.6

It seems I haven’t checked the forums in a couple weeks which means I forgot to post my weight last week. So I just used the prior weight I had on Sept 23. Been going steady. Been doing lots of yard landscaping so that has been my workouts. Hauling rock. Have been trying to get my steps in most days. Did a FitOn workout day before yesterday and man are my glutes still sore today. More yard work to do this morning. Way to much to get caught up on on post. Hope everyone is doing well. Will try to check in daily 😬
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 199 Member
    @trooworld so very sorry to hear about your pet passing. They are very much a part of one’s family and just as devastating a loss. I have pets of my own and have to put one down so my prayers are with you. You will get back on track food wise too.

@krea4 great job on the loss.👍

@Katmary71 glad you had a great birthday!!!!

@TeresaW1020 it is so great when someone notices the weight loss. We work so hard to stay on track and beat ourselves up for slipping and sometimes can’t see the changes ourselves so yea it is really a big deal for our mental state to have that.

Well I haven’t been on here in a couple of days. Nothing much has been happening really. I have had a couple bad days with my eating but have been able to still track my food with some shame I might add but did it anyway and have managed to get back on track. I have to quit looking at the big picture cuz it just seems so daunting. Today I will only look at today.
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Username:@leonadixon
    PW 9/29:222.2
    Check in weight (10/6/2021): 222.9
    Check in weight (10/132021):
    Check in weight (10/20/2021):
    Check in weight (10/27/2021:
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 466 Member
    @lose4me71 welcome!! I know when you are so busy with work, looking after yourself can be so challenging! Do you have a fitness tracker or does your phone track your steps? You might even figure out what your base is, then add extra movement every day even if it is taking a couple of flights of stairs instead of the elevator, parking your car further away just so you are getting more movement every single day.

@trooworld I really am so very sorry to hear about your dog, I know they truly become members of our families. Please know that I am sending you and all of your family much sympathy.
    Congrats on working out with a migraine, I have never been able to do that.

@TeresaW1020 I always have to leave my house clean as well! There is nothing I like better than coming home from a trip exhausted, to a nice clean house where one can just relax and breathe :-) :-).
    Agility class is hilarious! I am the oldest there by a good 15 years and I have the fastest dog there🤣. She has always just loved to go fast, she does not have a slow gene in her. It helps that she is very smart, catches on really quickly, but I really wish she wasn’t as fast as she is, if you could see me running to keep up, it is quite a humourous thing. By the end of class I am exhausted and she is exhilarated
    How gratifying that dentist appointment must have been! Losing weight throughout this last year is a true accomplishment, congratulations!

It was a good day today. I decided not to exercise this morning, although I still did get in my 10,000 steps. I have been doing a new workout program, and have been stiff for the last three days but push through it, today I decided that my body was telling me to back off a little. Last year, when everything was locked down I was doing these walking workouts on YouTube, they were OK, but not great results. Since I can’t go to the gym right now I decided to give his paid subscription a trial for this month, so glad I did!! I can’t remember the last time I have been this stiff and sore, feels good! I’ve broke down and went and bought a couple of new tops and a new travel jacket to go to my nieces wedding next week. I haven’t bought any new clothes in over a year and a half! I am still saving my big shopping trip for the new year:). We leave for BC in six days, can’t wait!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,047 Member
    I'm sorry for posting late.

19shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 267
    C. W. 272
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 282 Member
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 259.5
    CW: 260
    LTD: 40
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Hi all
    davidji82
    Weigh in day:Friday
    PW: 209.4
    CW:209.2
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 175.2
    CW: 175.2
    LTD: 89.2
    Month: 0

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @renaegry @davidji82 Congrats on the losses.

@tammymccrady6278 Thank you so much. They are family and it hurts really badly. That's a good idea to only look at today. Even if you have to go one bite at a time, that will be good.

@laurelfit57 Thank you. They truly are. I really appreciate it. Well, I couldn't finish the workout, I got 40 minutes into it, almost finished. I'm glad you listened to your body.

Hello all. Well, I tried to do a workout yesterday morning but got another explosive migraine. It put me out for the day. I will see when the humidity goes down if it is still happening, if so, I will go to the doctor. It may also just be stress. My back is very messed up right now and I think that is stress too. I did do a stretching routine last night, I thought it would help with the migraine but it didn't.

100-day challenge commitments:
    1. I will put my utensil down between bites. ✘
    2. Chew slowly and chew enough. ✅
    3. Stop Eating C.R.A.P. Challenge: ✘

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 171.9
    CW: 171.7

LTD: 19.4

@broncobuddee - next Friday I will be on vacay, so I will have to skip weighing in.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    @TeresaW1020 - That is so cool about the dentist appt! I'm glad that all your hard work has been recognized so enthusiastically- you sure deserve it! I'm still finding shopping to be a very weird experience these days- they don't have much in the stores, there's more on line. But I'm sick of shopping on line! My Kohls has the widest aisles ever. Pre Covid you could barely squeeze between the racks!

@renaegry - hauling rocks sounds like quite a workout!

@tammymccrady6278 - tracking your food when you're having bad days takes a lot of courage. You can learn a lot from that tracking and it will help you in the future. Being honest with yourself is one of the hardest parts of weight loss.

@laurelfit57 - I'm looking forward to buying some new clothes pretty soon too. Need to drop a bit more weight first. Enjoy your vacation!

@trooworld - Oh boy, you need to get those migraines figured out. Be kind to yourself over the weekend. Take care of your back and your grief- get some rest and do something you enjoy.

Well, not much new here. We leave on our trip Monday. Very excited! If I don't check in over the weekend, I'll talk to you when we get home!

Lisa

• TeresaW1020
    @laurelfit57 HaHa I could totally picture you trying to keep up with your overly active dog. Talk about a good workout, huh? :grin: I love a good workout that leaves my muscles crying for a couple of days afterward. Today I did back and biceps and I can already feel it.

@trooworld Ohhh dear, what do you think is causing such bad migraines? Could it be the change in weather? Take care of yourself! <3

@Cornanda Yes, my Khols had completely empty racks everywhere. Can you believe my husband said it’s a good time for me to stop shopping and just enjoy what I’ve already got? Men!! :o:D

Hi Team! Today was OK. After my workout and a little housework, I have been stuck at the computer all day. I’m working on a brand new church online directory that is launching this Sunday with our people so I had to figure all that out. Then I ended up redoing about 5 of the graphics that we run on the screen before service and use for announcements. But it’s done and maybe tomorrow I can move on to other things that are on my to-do list. Ohh and I started a FB Pampered Chef party and had to invite a ton of people but the lady running the party gave me the wrong link so I had to go resend the correct link to everyone. Ugghhhh!! :s

:star: 100 DAY CHALLENGE – DAY 14 :star:
    1. Track Food & Stay within calorie goal (1400): A little under calories with 1350 and 125 grams of protein.
    2. Exercise/Physical Activity: Beachbody LIIFT4, back and biceps
    3. Stop Eating C.R.A.P Challenge: No added sugar today!
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 466 Member
    @trooworld I am really sorry that you are still dealing with that migraine! Are used to have stress headaches that were migraine like, they used to last up to a week, they just put me away. I feel for you! Hopefully you’ll get some relief soon.

@Cornanda have a wonderful time!!!

@TeresaW1020 for some reason I really like when I can feel my back muscles, postural muscles are so important. It sounds like you keep very busy with your church work!
    Is your pampered chef party going to be at your house? We aren’t allowed anything like that right now, numbers are so high, there are many restrictions. It sounds like it is going to be a lot of fun! The lady who is running it, will hopefully get her act together LOL

It was a good day today, got a big workout done this morning, stayed on track with calories and macros. Got in my 10,000+ steps. Oh and I started breaking in my “high heels”, they are all of about an inch and a half or 2 inches tall🤣. I haven’t worn anything besides runners or flats for two years, I have to break in my new shoes so I can dance the night away at my nieces wedding! I am also packing a dressy pair of flats, I don’t imagine I will last all night and my other shoes LOL
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    @trooworld I'm so sorry you had to put your dog down, I can't imagine how sad you are right now. I wish animals lived longer, you know you're going to lose them one day but I don't think we're ever ready for it.

@Cornanda was that click warning for me perhaps? I've been in this group for a long time and I still do that all the time!

Sorry for not catching up with everyone, I wanted to drop in and say hi because it's been a few days. I've been trying to get Xfinity and it's one thing after another, yesterday's guys disturbed a hornet's nest and we all got stung. Day 3 of techs and my desktop doesn't work so Monday's another day of getting the house rewired. Diet and exercise is going fairly well though! I made shrimp Brussel sprout risotto, it was really good but after 3 days I'm ready for something new. I made pesto with my basil the other day so I'm going to bake chicken with it tomorrow.
  • cherrymajoni
    cherrymajoni Posts: 41 Member
    Cherrymajoni
    Friday
    Pw 248.5
    CW 247.1
  • trooworld
    Username:Trooworld
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 227.6
    CW: 233
    LTD: 15
  • trooworld
    @Cornanda Yes, I do! I did talk to a doctor yesterday who gave me a suggestion. We'll see if it works. Thank you, I'm beating myself up today over a 5.4 lb gain this week. I'm really sick of gaining every week. :( I hope you have a great trip!

@TeresaW1020 It is definitely the changes in the weather because I've worked out in the past at high intensities (hello, boxing class!) and this has not happened. I talked to a doctor yesterday and she had the suggestion to take my migraine medicine shortly before working out. I'll try that today.

@laurelfit57 Thanks. Yeah, they are pretty miserable. I am going to try taking my migraine medicine shortly before working out, hopefully that helps. I think the migraine is a combo of stress and the weather.

@Katmary71 Thank you so much. Yeah, it's really weird around here, not having him here. You are right, we are never ready for it. You are such a good cook! I hope you enjoy the chicken.

@cherrymajoni Congrats on the loss.

Hello all. I didn't know it was possible to gain 5.4 lbs in a week but here I am proving it's possible. :( I'm going to take my migraine medicine and try working out in a few hours. I hope that works. It has to be the weather and stress combined.

100-day challenge commitments:
    1. I will put my utensil down between bites. ✘
    2. Chew slowly and chew enough. ✅
    3. Stop Eating C.R.A.P. Challenge: ✘

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • Firefly743
    Firefly743 Posts: 133 Member
    Firefly743
    ***Weigh In***
    PW: 230.0
    CW: 226.0
  • Jwhitegarcia
    Jwhitegarcia Posts: 35 Member
    Jwhitegarcia
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW:145
    CW: 146

I did good this week so im not worried about the gain I know its just bloat and next weeks will be a loss.
  • TeresaW1020
    @laruelfit57 The Pampered Chef party is online through Facebook. It’s easy to prep and I just might get a prize or a good discount on some stuff I’ve got my eye on. :grin: Very good idea to break in your shoes before dancing the night away! You don’t want blisters and sore feet. I wore heels to my nephew’s wedding and ended up dancing in my bare feet by the end of the night. :)

@Katmary71 Yikes on the hornets!! Here in Georgia (I don’t know if they are elsewhere) but we have a major infestation of the Juro spider which arrived here a few years ago from the orient. They are seriously invasive and there are literally millions of them everywhere!! I kill them around my church weekly and they just come back. Driving down the road the other day in the rain, I noticed for the first time the webs that were between the power lines. There were hundreds of them. I swear if these aren’t the End Times, I don’t know what it is!! :#

@trooworld Three things, first you are grieving and the comfort eating doesn’t help the scale, but your emotions need what they need right now. Second, if you are just starting to do resistant training that will be taxing your muscles and make you retain water, and third the stress of being in pain from the migraines has surely raised your cortisol levels and that can make you gain weight. So take a deep breath and keep moving forward. <3

Hi Team! It was a good day, and the weather was perfect, so I got to spend time out on my screened porch reading. I also got a lot of stuff done on my to-do list, which always feels good. Today, I restarted the Data Driven Fasting. This will be my third challenge and I’m going to focus on following the program as closely as I can. I will have to pause for the four days, I’m on vacation but then I will get right back to it. I have also decided that for this 30-day challenge, I’m going to take a break from tracking calories and macros. I’ve been doing it faithfully for a couple of months and the fact is that I know what to eat and how much to eat and tracking it really doesn’t stop me from overeating if that is what I want to do. So, I will stick to my two meals a day, low carb and high protein with no snacking or sugar as much as possible, and see what happens. My ultimate goal is to live in diet freedom and tracking for me is not freedom. But I will return to it if I need to because I also feel that we must always be willing to change and adapt.

:star: 100 DAY CHALLENGE – DAY 15 :star:
    1. Data Driven Fasting: Today was day one of the three days of baselining before I get my blood sugar trigger number.
    2. Exercise/Physical Activity: Beachbody MBFA week three, full body
    3. Stop Eating C.R.A.P Challenge: No added sugar today!
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
This discussion has been closed.