Write just 1 tip which triggered your weight loss.

Replies

• swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I had Gallbladder surgery on 5/3/21 and was reading during recovery that some people gain weight after the removal. I said to myself, "Great! Just what I need. Gain weight!" So I was very careful and dropped about 8 lbs in 11 days. I was reading up on Keto during that time and started 5/14/21 and MFP the same day. I've been losing since!
  • Carni8991
    Carni8991 Posts: 11 Member
    Intermittent fasting. Fast for 18 to 20 hours then very low carb during a 4 to 6 hour feeding window.
  • eloring8535
    eloring8535 Posts: 2 Member
    What triggered or motivated me to lose weight was how I felt- lousy, uncomfortable, unhealthy. Lots of aches and pains. I started Monthers Day 2020 and reached a good weight range in March 2021- losing 55 lbs.
    tracking my food, exercising and walking daily ( up to 4 miles a day now) and being more active in general. I feel fantastic most of the time. In maintenance mode- I still have to do the same things to keep myself on track.
  • talltrees500
    talltrees500 Posts: 25 Member
    1) blood work showed borderline blood sugar number closing in on pre-diabetic. This was the biggest wake up call.
    2) Quit drinking all alcohol (was a beer drinker)
    3) Started tracking food
    4) Started walking 1 mile daily now up to 4-5 miles

These were main motivational factors in order of biggest motivators. I’ve gained back a few lbs after stopping Noom for awhile and need to get back on track. Got sick of tracking everything; felt too mechanical. Still walking 4-5 miles at least every other day often every day and still not drinking. Good luck to everyone, though, it’s not luck but knowledge and discipline 😀
  • Fasting 18-6 with lower carbs of jut fruit, pickles and fresh corn no snacking no wine 1000 calories, down 58lb for total of 143 since 1/1.
    I stopped eating breakfast, we don't get up till late so first meal of the day is lunch. That started the process . I only loss 4 lb so far but I have more energy and most important I feel good about myself.

• I fast 18-6 and lower carbs. no snacking no wine. Made a huge change and no plateaus.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,343 Member
    Fasting 18-6 with lower carbs of jut fruit, pickles and fresh corn no snacking no wine 1000 calories, down 58lb for total of 143 since 1/1.
    I stopped eating breakfast, we don't get up till late so first meal of the day is lunch. That started the process . I only loss 4 lb so far but I have more energy and most important I feel good about myself.

Corn? Now that’s interesting. How?
  • dobber965
    dobber965 Posts: 7 Member
    By watching the Documentary show Game Changers on Netflix.. changed my life... and led my wife and I to discover so many new great tasting healthy recipes. Clean eating has changed my energy levels greatly.
  • Spotteddingo
    Spotteddingo Posts: 95 Member
    @dobber965 Thank you for posting about The Game Changers. We just finished watching it and is enlightening.
  • Liannaaa_x
    Liannaaa_x Posts: 24 Member
    Cut out bread and sodas
  • EyeOTS
    EyeOTS Posts: 362 Member
    edited October 2021
    Learning what macro nutritions were (there is a lot of misinformation or over simplification about them. Carbs in particular)
  • sl8liftsandstuff
    sl8liftsandstuff Posts: 14 Member
    Putting down the 🍴 😃
  • Derf_Smeggle
    Derf_Smeggle Posts: 611 Member
    I cut out as much added sugar from my food as possible. Goal is to keep it under 10/g per day on average. Helped cut out a lot of "empty" calories and I feel reduces my overall appetite.