Are you over 200pds, let's diet together

Replies

• ladycopnh1
    ladycopnh1 Posts: 287 Member
    That is awesome roz. You are surely on the right track. I'm still trying to get the bugs out so when Jan 1st gets here, I'll be knocking it off as well.

Starting Weight: 255 ( Sept. 28th )

Oct. 05:223
    Oct. 12:
    Oct. 19:
    Oct. 26:

Total October loss:
  • ladycopnh1
    WOW, that was wishful thinking. lets do that again.

Oct. 05:253
    Oct. 12:
    Oct. 19:
    Oct. 26:

Total October loss:
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,577 Member
    I'm sorry I've not been tracking in awhile. I've been alittle descouraged about not really loosing all year. I was referred by my knee dr.to have bariatric surgery. I need a knee replacement and need to loose another 80 lbs. I had lost 85 lbs but due to 2 surgury in a yr and 1/2 I've gained 35lbs. I'm having surgery the 27th.i start my liquid diet wensday. I've been in the program since April.
  • ladycopnh1
    STELLA....my friend, it's so good to see you ! I am so glad your back. Big Hugs. My prayers will be with you throughout your surgery. Keep me informed how your doing.

Oct. 12: 253
    Oct. 19:
    Oct. 26:

Total October loss:
  • ladycopnh1
    I am wondering if there is anyone out there who is caring for someone who is disabled or who has a disabling illness and your trying to get through it with food.

Talk to me.
  • ladycopnh1 wrote: »
    I am wondering if there is anyone out there who is caring for someone who is disabled or who has a disabling illness and your trying to get through it with food.

Talk to me.

A lot of my work on myself lately has been around learning new responses besides eating to deal with chronic pain, emotional unhappiness and meltdowns due to anxiety or my autism, and to deal with the inevitable stresses of being with two people who have severe mental illnesses. There has been a certain amount of eating my worry while I waited to hear if Boyfriend had gotten hired, but not as much as there once would have been, and by and large I'm doing much better at eating less overall and coping in other ways.

It has not been easy. It is getting slightly easier with practice.
  • stella7x7
    I deal with depression, anxiety. I have been known to turn to food when I am depressed. But I tried combating this by keeping portion sized foods in the house. Now I'm having stomach bypass surgery, at my Dr. Recommendation. I need knee replacement. Need to loose 80 more lbs to get it.
    My weight loss journey started jan.2017 at 314. In 2019 I was down to 235. But had knee surgery in2019, broken foot surgery in 2020,and now weigh 264. Dr. want me to be 190 at least.
  • ladycopnh1
    Boy am I glad to hear from the two of you. Now I don't feel so alone.
    I have a husband that I take care of as a caregiver, more than a wife. He is not only a disabled Vet but he has what's known as Cyclic vomiting syndrome. With the masks everyone HAS to wear in order to go to the ER. my husband is unable to get to his IV emergency meds. YOU CAN'T PUT A MASK ON A PUKING PERSON.

As a result I drowned my anxiety and stress with food.
  • ladycopnh1 wrote: »
    I have a husband that I take care of as a caregiver, more than a wife. He is not only a disabled Vet but he has what's known as Cyclic vomiting syndrome. With the masks everyone HAS to wear in order to go to the ER. my husband is unable to get to his IV emergency meds. YOU CAN'T PUT A MASK ON A PUKING PERSON.

I've heard of that. What I read said it's related to migraines. (Which, I have one currently sitting behind one eye and softly pulsing. Cause the rain has started.)

I've very much been there as a caregiver more than a wife. It's miserable and hard. Hopefully he appreciates your hard work and tells you so.

• al0481113
    al0481113 Posts: 67 Member
    ladycopnh1 wrote: »

Talk to me.

I was a caregiver for several years and food helped me to get through it.
    I wish you to be strong. It's really hard but you can make it. Believe in yourself!
  • MrsHermit
    MrsHermit Posts: 195 Member
    Hi! I weigh over 200 lbs and just joined MFP. May I join this group too?
  • ladycopnh1
    MrsHermit, you are more than welcome, with open arms.

Thank you a10481113 for your support and understanding. As I said, it's good to know there is someone out there who can relate to my position and fight with food right now. I need that MORE than you know.

Alexandra - welcome girlfriend, my arms are around you and praying those migraines let up. Their horrible.
  • MrsHermit
    edited October 2021
    So, Saturdays are my official weigh-in days, and the day I rest from exercise.
    257.4 lbs
    Highest known weight was about 262.
    Next goal: Obese BMI bracket at 249 lbs.

This past week, I exercised 5 days, a total of 4 hours and 54 minutes
    I ate sugar 4 days this week, and made bad diet choices 2 days, coinciding with lack of exercise on those days.
    I started on MFP just yesterday.
  • al0481113
    al0481113 Posts: 67 Member
    You are very welcome sweet Lady. And thank you for all what you do for your husband. And I really wish you to reach your goals with the weight loss. Food is just food. And sometimes it works against us. When I realized that I lost 40+ lbs. Your family needs you healthy and happy.
  • stella7x7

I will pray for you and your husband. That is definitely a hard thing to deal the. Big hugs to you.
  • stella7x7

I've heard of that. What I read said it's related to migraines. (Which, I have one currently sitting behind one eye and softly pulsing. Cause the rain has started.)

I've very much been there as a caregiver more than a wife. It's miserable and hard. Hopefully he appreciates your hard work and tells you so.

I get pulsing headaches behind my left eye,so that's a type of migraine. I wondered why I got it. Glad to know that.
  • stella7x7
    STELLA....my friend, it's so good to see you ! I am so glad your back. Big Hugs. My prayers will be with you throughout your surgery. Keep me informed how your doing.

Oct. 19:
    Oct. 26:

Total October loss:
    Thank you, my surgury is on the 27th,this wensday. I was looking at those weights. Either I wrote it wrong, or this was from a year ago. I've been in my 260s I started this month at 268.2 and right now I'm 264.8.
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 wrote: »

Oct. 19:
    Oct. 26:

Total October loss:
    Thank you, my surgury is on the 27th,this wensday. I was looking at those weights. Either I wrote it wrong, or this was from a year ago. I've been in my 260s I started this month at 268.2 and right now I'm 264.8.

Hahaha,nvr mind, about the weight thing. I realized that was your weights. Silly me.
  • stella7x7
    Hello,My surgury went well,I got home the next evening. Now I'm just trying to get used to all the meals and liquid intake. I'm getting soo full soo quick,I'm not even getting 1000 calories.
  • MrsHermit
    edited October 2021
    Weigh day

Last Saturday 10-23: 257.2 lbs
    Today 10-30: 252.8 lbs
    Lost: 4.4 lbs!

Exercised 5 days last week, 3 hrs 22 minutes total. Sweat at goal intensity 3xs.

Goal is to exercise 6 days a week 45 minutes each. It's realistic for me because my current life situation doesn't allow for much general movement.
    I'd been improving bit by bit at my exercise the past couple of months, but no real significant weight loss.
    Last week was the first time I'd ever tracked and changed my food choices. I am learning about food choices and portions.

Very happy today. Little changes are starting to show!