Could you guys guess my current bodyfat percentage?

kkatz189
kkatz189 Posts: 1 Member
39dmr5v5yqf7.jpeg
as9l9vszwlnj.jpeg

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    @kkatz189 Im moving this over to gaining weight and body building, I think I have seen the most related activity/expertise on that board.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    15%ish would be my guess
  • Gymladmatt
    Gymladmatt Posts: 391 Member
    Low. Get on a calorie surplus
  • wiigelec
    wiigelec Posts: 503 Member
    edited August 2021
    For most body composition goals, I would say a proper training program is more important than calorie levels, although both are integral.

If you are looking to increase lean mass (bulk), excess calories without proper training can lead to an excessive increase in fat mass.

If you are looking to reduce fat mass (cut), reduced calories without proper training can lead to an excessive decrease in lean mass.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,373 MFP Moderator
    I agree with others around the 13-15%. Not sure what you are trying to achieve, but If you want to improve the overall body composition and improve how you look the best thing you can do is get on to a structured lifting routine. Below is a list of lifting routines that will be beneficial to you.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1
  • AussieAdam21
    AussieAdam21 Posts: 84 Member
    13% time to bulk
  • Justin_7272
    Justin_7272 Posts: 341 Member
    15% You need to start strength training ASAP.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Pretty lean, bit harder to guess when someone has low muscle mass but 15% seems a reasonable estimate.

What are your physique goals OP?
  • ashishmehta1911
    ashishmehta1911 Posts: 34 Member
    11-13%
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,971 Member
    edited August 2021
    You appear to be "skinny fat" and my guess would be 15-20% because you look "soft" and lack muscle development.

If you want to get a precise measurement get a DEXA scan or get weighed hydrostatically.

Here's a link to a general discussion of how to go about increasing your muscle mass and improving your physique, if that's the way you'd like to go:

https://legionathletics.com/skinny-fat/

• ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    It doesn't matter - you have no muscle - start a lifting program & eat
  • Lift on a proper programme. Not one you made up yourself.
    I don’t know about body fat percentages but you are lean and under muscled. You look young. You’re in a good place to bulk in my view. Please sort your training out first though.
  • allother94
    allother94 Posts: 588 Member
    edited October 2021
    👍
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,427 Member
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    You appear to be "skinny fat" and my guess would be 15-20% because you look "soft" and lack muscle development.

If you want to get a precise measurement get a DEXA scan or get weighed hydrostatically.

Here's a link to a general discussion of how to go about increasing your muscle mass and improving your physique, if that's the way you'd like to go:

https://legionathletics.com/skinny-fat/

Agree