Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Replies

• kristen_lynn
    kristen_lynn Posts: 75 Member
    Onestep211 wrote: »
    Hey, returning to MFP! Got 140lbs to lose and look forward to receiving/providing encouragement

hey there, i have about 150 to lose, looking to boost my friends list and motivate folks who motivate me! :)
  • kristen_lynn
    kristen_lynn Posts: 75 Member
    hi all, i've been lurking around mfp for 10 years now. over the years i've lost 70 and gained 90 and lost 60 and gained back 80:( and after so many years of ping-ponging, i've had a rough summer w/ health issues. after this last doc visit, i am 1000% determined to get this right for the last time and stick w/ it! welcoming new friends if anyone is in a similar boat. mama to an 11 yr old - doing this for me and for him!!

age 37
    height 5'10"
    sw 345 :s
    cw 320
    gw 170?

(do you know the stupid bmi calculator suggests that i consider a goal weight between 120 and 170. 120 on a broad-shouldered, wide-hipped 5'10" frame?! i'd be skin and bones, supermodel status. i'll be fine with healthy and active! we'll see about adjusting the number from there...)
  • Louisefen
    Louisefen Posts: 10 Member
    hi all, i've been lurking around mfp for 10 years now. over the years i've lost 70 and gained 90 and lost 60 and gained back 80:( and after so many years of ping-ponging, i've had a rough summer w/ health issues. after this last doc visit, i am 1000% determined to get this right for the last time and stick w/ it! welcoming new friends if anyone is in a similar boat. mama to an 11 yr old - doing this for me and for him!!

age 37
    height 5'10"
    sw 345 :s
    cw 320
    gw 170?

(do you know the stupid bmi calculator suggests that i consider a goal weight between 120 and 170. 120 on a broad-shouldered, wide-hipped 5'10" frame?! i'd be skin and bones, supermodel status. i'll be fine with healthy and active! we'll see about adjusting the number from there...)

Oh my goodness, I'm short and small boned. When I weighed 120, I got nagged about looking gaunt and sickly!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Hey everyone! I'm back from my trip and finally caught up enough on work to take a few minutes to post.

California was beautiful! My friends' house was like staying at a resort with a gorgeous pool. I'm sad we only had a day and a half with them, but I look forward to planning a longer visit over a break or next summer.

The Ohana Fest was so fun! Saw a bunch of great bands in a very relaxed atmosphere. The only downside was that Kings of Leon had to cancel their appearance. They were supposed to headline Friday night, but their mother was ill, so they wanted to be with her. Good thing they made the decision to fly home on Thursday because she passed away on Friday. Ohana extended My Morning Jacket's set, and then Eddie Vedder took the stage for an hour to make up for it. Eddie also headlined Saturday and Pearl Jam on Sunday.

In addition to the festival, we hit the beach on Saturday and went to a couple of great restaurants. Eating wasn't too bad, but a lot of restaurant food which is always so high in sodium. I wasn't surprised the scale was up a tad bit when I got home. We did so much walking while there that I know I didn't really gain any weight. I was really excited to drop below 194 before we left. I was 196.6 when I weighed in Tuesday morning (we got back Monday evening), but back down to 194 by Friday.

Trying to continue with all of the walking, so I did 3 miles on Friday and 3 miles today. It's very hard to find time during the workweek. It's going to be rainy tomorrow and I have as errand after work on Monday. Tuesday I am meeting friends at a fundraiser for a mutual friend who passed from breast cancer several years ago, but I'm going to try to go Wednesday or Thursday, weather permitting.

I will post some pictures from my trip in a separate post from my phone.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Karen
    52 years old
    5'7"
    SW = 247 (March 2011)
    Weight on 1/1/2021 = 207.4
    GW: 185 (my previous low)

8/6/21 = 194.8
    8/13/21 = 194
    8/20/21 = 196:(
    8/27/21 = 195.4
    9/3/21 = 194.6
    9/10/21 = 194.2
    9/17/21 = 194.2
    9/24/21 = 193,4
    10/1/21 = 194
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    I couldn't figure out how to post pics from my phone, so it took some time to get these transferred over to my laptop.

The first is me in front of my friends' pool:
    srna1l7tuhax.jpg

This is me and my sister at the winery where we had lunch:
    7uktl7ntn9io.jpg

And this is us with the giant Pearl Jam Funkos at the festival:
    mb2kixzcbv3c.jpg

• mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Hi Everyone-

Well my food is up/down it has never been real great but some days better than ever.
    It is getting colder her and that means winter is not far away. I am hoping it is a easy winter this year I can deal with cold not the snow.
    I tried the plank challenge got further than I thought I would but was doing it wrong that is why shoulder blades hurt so stopped.
    I have decided to join fun/walk runs to stay motivated before snow comes. I currently doing Elephants for Thailand entry fee goes to help elephant rescue. Race is 30.9 miles long I am at 15 mile mark. I also joined Sesame Street race that will start end of October.
    I am also back to pre covid weight 1.5 lbs away from that weight.
    If anyone has 30 minutes or less receipes to share please do. With mandatory overtime M-F and walikg before sunset along with trying not to eat past 7 pm I am running out of ideas.

@JNettie73- Congrats on your steps per day! Prayers for increase in B12. Nice job focusing on your blood work results.

@Louisefen- I am 5’4” and ideal weight should be 130-150lbs which I haven’t been since high school.

@Karen- sounds like we have similar taste in music. Glad you had fun. I was told by doctor it takes 3 days for weight to level out after vacation or binge day(my case). Omg! the funko pop pic is so cute. You look amazing.
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Starting weight: 270 March 2021
    Total loss to date:

October Start Weight: 215.8
    October Goal Weight: 210
    Ultimate Goal Weight:TBD

October 2: 215.8
    October 9:
    October 16:
    October 23:
    October 30:

I had 2 NSV today. The first was I was able to wear a skirt that I could not button last month. The second was I am finally able to zipper my wide calf boots and wear comfortably. The last time I wore them I had to slouch them because my calves were too wide. :#

My goal for this month is to get back on track with my upper and lower body strength training exercises. I have been slacking on those since coming home from vacation the end of August.

@Skinnyjeanzbound
    It sounds like the Fest was amazing despite the cancellation! I am glad you had a great time. I loved the pictures. You look amazing!

@mnwalkingqueen My eating has been off lately too. I am trying to get back on track. I love that you are doing the runs!
  • JNettie73
    Total loss to date: 55.2

October 9: 214.8
    October 16:
    October 23:
    October 30:

NSV: I went into Old Navy to buy my daughter some clothes. While there I picked up a new sweatshirt for myself. Imagine my delight when I no longer had to buy a plus sized size!!!
  • cheripetall
    cheripetall Posts: 4 Member
    Hi. I'm new but also not new. Given weight loss a go a few times but never really stuck with it or had the determination. I now have just over 100lbs to lose. I'm setting myself interim goals though, and trying to be realistic by saying I'd like to lose 28lbs by the end of the year. That works out to around 2.5lbs/week average. I'm aware there will be fluctuations but I'm really rigidly sticking to my calorie goals and step goals. Today is my first day and I'm feeling good, have had plenty of water and a healthy lunch. Let's go. Thanks for starting this thread to support people like me who have a lot to lose, it's great to see all your progress so far!
  • mnwalkingqueen
    Happy Monday! Riley and I finished our first fun walk today. It took us 8 days to complete. Our next one is as soon as bib comes in the mail expected end of month.b9x9xxrp034a.jpeg
    h70ebwexjupq.jpeg
  • JNettie73
    @cheripetall
    Welcome to the group!

@mnwalkingqueen
    I love the picture of you and Riley! You look fabulous. Congrats on completing Elephants in Thailand!
  • olat165
    olat165 Posts: 8 Member
    Hello. I have lost 100 pounds twice. Last time was two years ago. I am fighting to keep it off. Glad to be here.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    @holly-- love that you are doing the virtual races! I use the Wooftrax app to raise money for the shelter where I got Gunner. I use it when I walk him, but also when I go for longer walks alone. I haven't done any virtual races in a while. I remember one where you could walk across America that started on the east coast. I think I made it to about Kentucky and then lost interest. LOL! Great picture of you and Riley! I also am dreading the winter, but I'm opposite of you--I don't mind a little snow, but I hate the bitter cold. I also don't like it when we get a lot of snow that impedes driving. Basically, I need to move someplace warmer. Haha!

@cheripetall -- welcome to the thread!

@JNettie73 -- Those are great NSVs!!! Congrats! I also have a difficult time with boots. My sister found a pair of brand new Uggs at Good Will in my size for $10. She bought them for me, and I could barely get the zipper past my ankle. Even when I was at my thinnest (size 10/12), I struggled to find tall boots that fit.

AFM--life has been pretty busy trying to catch up with work from when I was on vacation. Also, when I was visiting my friend in CA, he mentioned needing someone to write and copyedit descriptions for his business website. I would like to do that kind of work once I retire from teaching, but it's hard to get a job without experience. I offered to write/edit for him for free, so I have something to put on my resume, so I did some work on that over the weekend.

I was really excited to see the scale drop a bit more last week, and this week it is staying at 192.4 so far. I've come to realize how important exercise is for my metabolism once I'm under 200 lbs. It doesn't have to be too strenuous, but a couple of longer walks a week seems to make a huge difference in my body's ability to shed weight and also withstand a day or 2 of not so great eating. I'm going to try to keep that in mind when I'm tired or busy or have some other excuse to not work out.

Karen
    52 years old
    5'7"
    SW = 247 (March 2011)

8/6/21 = 194.8
    8/13/21 = 194
    8/27/21 = 195.4
    9/3/21 = 194.6
    9/10/21 = 194.2
    9/17/21 = 194.2
    9/24/21 = 193,4
    10/1/21 = 194
    10/8/21 = 192.4
  • JNettie73
    Total loss to date: 56.2

October 9: 214.8
    October 16:213.8
    October 23:
    October 30:

Today I started back up using my weights. My arms were shakey when I finished my routine. Tomorrow I plan on doing some lower body exercises after I do my cardio.

I hope everyone has a good week!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    @JNettie73 -- Your progress pictures show such a change!! You look great! Good for you for getting back into the strength training. I haven't done anything in that realm in a very long time. :(

AFM-- I went to donate blood on Thursday, and I suspect that's why my weight dipped down, but since it was my lowest reading on the scale last week, I logged it. It has been back up at 192.4 since Saturday. I didn't get in as much walking this past weekend--just 2.6 miles on Saturday. I went out to dinner with friends and was very happy with my food choices. Then we went to see a drag show that was an embellishment of that old sitcom Golden Girls. It was really funny, but I didn't get home until after midnight. Oy! I am getting too old for late nights! I ended up sleeping in on Sunday, and then I had a lot of errands and grocery shopping, so no time for exercise. This week is going to be busy with meetings plus Gunner's therapy after work. I'm hoping to get in a walk Thursday if the weather holds out. It's still been pretty nice here for mid-October.

Hope everyone's week is off to a great start!

Karen
    52 years old
    5'7"
    SW = 247 (March 2011)

8/6/21 = 194.8
    8/13/21 = 194
    8/27/21 = 195.4
    9/3/21 = 194.6
    9/10/21 = 194.2
    9/17/21 = 194.2
    9/24/21 = 193,4
    10/1/21 = 194
    10/8/21 = 192.4
    10/15/21 = 191.6
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 880 Member
    edited October 2021
    Hi

• Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 880 Member
    Hi all,
    I’m back on mfp after being off it for years. The pandemic has been hard on me physically, and I’m at the heaviest I’ve ever been. Good news is that I’m very motivated right now to lose weight. I’ve changed my eating habits a lot in the last week and have lost 4 lbs. I know it’s a good loss, but I still eat a lot. I know this weight loss won’t continue at that rate. I’m also starting to get exercise again.
    I’m not counting calories, and don’t want to. However, I have this feeling that I may have to in the future. Just avoiding junk food might not be enough. I mean I’ve eliminated most processed foods, and bread and rice and pasta. I eat everything else. So far it’s working.
  • dlstanf
    dlstanf Posts: 1 Member
    I am just starting on MFP I am having bariatric surgery in a week and I need to make this work
  • mnwalkingqueen
    I am working on buying groceries every Sunday so I will be less tempted to eat out. I got my Elephant medal in mail yesterday for completing my fun walk and I am shocked on how heavy it is. Today, I received my bib for my November walk it is a friendship walk now just got to find a friend willing to walk 6 miles with me we can walk inside at Mall of America. I can’t do a full push-up but think I am going to challenge myself in November to do 20 modified push-ups per day. We are on mandatory OT Mon-Fri and I am getting really burnt out with my job. Thinking of fostering again or just getting another dog but not sure I should being on so much OT.
    @ karen - I would love a walking app that gave back like what you were using. I agree to moving somewhere warm my self esteem issues and fear have stopped me from doing that move. Drag show sounds fun heard they are great never been. I think time with friends is also needed for mental health.
    @JNettie73- Awesome pictures way to go and glad to see someone who is shaped similar to me.
    @Melwillbehealthy- Good job on your food changes and loss.
    @dlstanf-welcome