• Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 688 Member
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW. 184.4
    CW. 186.6
  • TheGlwUp
    TheGlwUp Posts: 78 Member
    @broncobuddee Sorry for the late weigh in.
    Username: TheGlwUp
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW 10/01 = 225
    CW 10/08 = 226

I am going to start back tracking my calories because my weight is still creeping up.
    I am so happy that my ear infections are finally healed!
    I am able to enjoy being outside in the air more without any pain, so I have started exercising more.
    Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,900 Member
    lose4me71 wrote: »
    Hi, my name is Tracy. I am 50 years old. Ive been been trying to lose weight seems like my whole life. My biggest loss was 40 lbs. After my mom passed, I found that 40 lbs and a few more. I really wanna get serious. Im working two jobs right now, so its kinda hard fitting in exercise. Im open to any suggestions. Im hoping by joing this community, it'll give me some sense of accountability and support. One of my goals for Octobee is to give up carbonated drinks whixh is hard for me but doable.

Usrname: lose4me71
    Cw: 299.1

Hi Tracy -

I am just working on the stats for this week. Thanks for joining in and getting going! When you signed up, you did not choose a weigh-in day (the day of the week you always post your weigh-in), so since this one happened on a Wednesday, I'm putting you down for Wednesdays! If you'd rather use a different day, just post a message here, and ask for a change.Thanks!
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 199 Member
    Well I have to say we had our thanksgiving yesterday as I’m in Canada and we couldn’t get together today. I have been staying within my calorie margin but haven’t really moved in weight much. I need to start making better food choices. I did pig out last night. Turkey stuffing potatoes pumpkin pie and homemade buns. My justification is that it happens twice a year and I had already weighed in. Yes as someone who has fought weight all my life I can justify just about anything. I did feel bad and my body was sooooo uncomfortable all night. I now have all week to stay the coarse and aim to be down next Saturday. It was really nice having my family together. It’s the first thanksgiving since mom passed so it was a bittersweet occasion. Christmas will be brutal as it was her favourite time of year. Mine too for that matter. Anyway I was nights last night so I’m off to bed for a while. Hope everyone has a great day and happy thanksgiving to all the Canadians on here
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @Firefly743 Congrats on the loss!

@TeresaW1020 Thank you, you are sensible with good advice as usual, my friend! <3 I'm glad you are having good weather, yesterday was good weather here too and I spent time out on the walkway reading. It was really nice. Your goals for the challenge sound good.

@TheGlwUp I'm glad your ear infections are gone, too, that sounds miserable!

@krea4 What a great goal and congrats on walking Pen-y-fan!

@19shmoo69 Well done!

@tammymccrady6278 Happy Thanksgiving! I tend to indulge on Thanksgiving and Christmas, too, it only comes once a year so I think it's okay. ;)

Hello all. I didn't end up working out yesterday but I will this morning. No other plans for the day.

100-day challenge commitments:
    1. I will put my utensil down between bites. ✘
    2. Chew slowly and chew enough. ✅
    3. Stop Eating C.R.A.P. Challenge: ✘

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
    The Results are In!

Starting this week, we are trying something new. All weekly/monthly results posts will be in the new Announcements and Results thread. Please let us know what you think of this new format (a simple "like" or "disagree" at the bottom of the post would suffice).

You can find this week's results HERE

Here's a sneak peek of how your team did this week...

zna5v1g84js0.png
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    @broncobuddee
    Username: murdog3t
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    Staring weight 160
    PW
    9/3/21: 157.8.
    9/10/21: 157.8
    9/17/21: 157
    9/24/21: 159.2
    10/01/21: 159.4
    CW: 10/ 10: 158.4

Daily goals :
    Date: 10/09
    Username: murdog3t
    Log food: ❌
    7000 steps: ❌
    30 min exercise: ❌
    30 min walk: ❌
    Less than 30g sugar: ❌
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @tammymccrady6278 Happy Thanksgiving!! Girl, you Canadian always makes me so hungry and ready for our Thanksgiving. Stuffing and pumpkin pie…yes, please!!! :grin: I am glad you got to spend time with your family and I’m sure you are missing your mom very much. She would want you to enjoy her favorite holiday so try to remember that when the sadness sets in. <3 Now get back on track because it’s what you do on a consistent basis that matters. you enjoyed your holiday and learned that maybe you shouldn’t eat as much at the next gathering because of the way it makes you feel.

Hi Team! Today has been another good day. Church was great this morning and then hubby and I went out and finally found me some black knit pants that I liked well enough to buy. :grin: We also went and looked at Chromebooks for my mom for a Christmas present. Her little computer is on its last leg. Plus, she is buying me a Ninja Foodi Indoor Grill with Air Fryer, so I have to get something really nice for her. I’m super excited to get the Ninja and have already joined like 5 FB groups for recipes and ideas. Plus, I’m sure @trooworld will have some tasty recipes to share with me! ;) I also worked on my packing list for the trip. I’m super excited that for four days I will not have to cook! :grin:
    :star: 100 DAY CHALLENGE – DAY 18 :star:
    1. Data Driven Fasting: Today was day one of the two days of baselining before I get my blood sugar trigger number.
    2. Exercise/Physical Activity: Day off
    3. Stop Eating C.R.A.P Challenge: No added sugar today!
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 467 Member
    @trooworld I’m sorry you had such a rough week, that really is tough! About a year ago, I gained over 5 pounds in a week, it’s a shock! Back in the saddle, onto the new week!

@TeresaW1020 I am also packing some flats to wear once the dancing starts! Sounds like you had a lovely day.

It was a super busy day here, getting ready to have my mom and kids over for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. I made all of my side dishes (either made or prepped for tomorrow) and two pies baked, I am exhausted LOL. All I have to do tomorrow is get the turkey stuffed and in the oven. I think I got a little carried away, we haven’t been allowed to get together for holiday meals for over a year. I have seven side dishes😂. We leave two days after Thanksgiving, so I told my kids to make sure they had room in their fridges to bring home lots of leftovers!

I was pretty disappointed with my weigh in this morning, I have been so on point, I really wanted to be in the 140s when we headed out on vacation. I did all of my exercises plus more, 10,000 -15,000 steps a day and not one day that I go over in calories or macros 😩.

I am not sure what to do for my next weigh in, we leave on Wednesday, then come back the following Wednesday. My normal weigh in day is on Sundays, do I just skip one? If someone could let me know that would be much appreciated.

• laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 467 Member
    Weekly weigh in
    Username. laurelfit57
    Weigh in day. Sunday
    PW. 150.8
    CW. 150.4
  • leayjw
    leayjw Posts: 8 Member
    Weekly weigh in
    Username. leayjw
    Weigh in day. Sunday
    PW. 121
    CW. 120
  • trooworld
    @Firefly743 @leayjw @laurelfit57 Congrats on making it onto the leaderboard!

@murdog3t Congrats on the loss, well done!

@TeresaW1020 I'm glad you had a good day yesterday and found your pants. I'm so excited for you to get the Ninja Foodi Indoor Grill with Air Fryer!!! I have the regular Ninja Foodi Deluxe (no grill) and I love it. Of course, I will share some recipes, just let me know when you get it and I'll post some of my favorite low-carb ones!

@laurelfit57 Thank you. Yeah, it was a shock, I was so mad at myself but I'm onto this week with a better attitude! LOL I love Thanksgiving, I hope you have a good one. It's a lot of work, cooking Thanksgiving dinner! I bet it's delicious, 7 side dishes, wow! I'm sorry about your weigh-in. At least you didn't gain though. I'm not sure about your weigh-in but I'm sure @TeresaW1020 could chime in.

@leayjw Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. It worked to take my migraine medicine before working out yesterday, I was able to do a full workout and it felt great! My butt cheeks hurt today from my workout but it's a good hurt lol. Today is a rest day but I'll be back at it tomorrow. Food was pretty good yesterday, too.

1. I will put my utensil down between bites. ✘

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    @TeresaW1020 I've never heard of that spider but have some orb spiders here, that must be crazy to have them everywhere! Is it affecting the environment there? There was an old ABC series where insects and spiders would take over towns, they were hour movies. There was one with tarantulas and the city was all webs at the end, I picture your area like that! I used to have a spider phobia so that movie freaked me out! Your porch sounds perfect for reading! LOL, I did the same thing you did, I joined like 20 air fryer groups before getting one, I was so excited when it finally came! @trooworld has some good air fryer recipes, so does skinnytaste.com

@TheGlwUp I'm glad your ear infections are better too, enjoy the outside air!

@krea4 Climbing a mountain sounds like a fun way to spend time with a friend, what a cool idea!

@tammymccrady6278 Happy Thanksgiving! I'm glad you got to spend time with family but I can see why it would be sad now. I've gone back and forth on holidays, when I was super strict I'd end up eating so much on those holidays I would be super uncomfortable but I think I'm at a better balanced place now where I enjoy it but don't pig out.

@laurelfit57 Happy Thanksgiving! Man that meal is so exhausting, 7 sides plus pie is a lot! I made my first turkey dinner last year, I don't know if you were part of the group then but Walmart subbed for a medium turkey instead of a little one, by the time I'd taken it in and out of the oven all day to baste it and made most of the sides without my ex-boyfriend bothering to ask if I needed help I was in so much pain and so mad I put everything away without eating and went to my room and slammed the door. It's funny now but I swear my head was spinning like Linda Blair! I have no desire to do that again! Or if I do I'll do the turkey one day and sides the next, that's too much standing.

@trooworld Glad you have good workout pain! Are you workouts causing migraines or were you already fighting one?

Hey gang! I was supposed to have the house wired again but somehow after 5 reminder calls my appointment was cancelled, they keep calling with automated messages saying there was an issue in this area and my appointment isn't needed if it's resolved but the problem is a cable was never ran to my computer so I don't know how it was cancelled. It wouldn't be a big deal but my desktop has a great stereo system so I do You Tube workouts with music videos snapped in one side. I've been putting my laptop on my desk for the workout then music in the desktop but the CD player broke so it's old music my dad put on my computer (he's a computer engineer) when he set it up like ABBA and The BeeGees. Turns out the nest outside is yellowjackets and was really big, it was sprayed a little while ago so I'm supposed to stay inside. Not much else is going on, have a real busy week but nothing stressful.
  • TeresaW1020
    @laurelfit57 Happy Thanksgiving!! Enjoy your time with your kids. I’m sorry that the scale isn’t behaving. Just keep doing what you know works and it will move. Plus, with all that dog training I bet you are gaining muscle and leaning out your body. I would just skip the weigh-in and pick up the next week. I’m sure @Broncobuddee has a system he uses. :)

@trooworld I knew you were the girl to have the recipes. I’m super excited and will probably wait until Christmas. I told mom to wrap it up and I’ll act very surprised. She is to do the same with the computer I’m buying her. :grin: I’m glad that you were able to figure out what to do to stop the migraines so you could work out. Yeah, I like when my muscles hurt in a good way too. ;)

Hi Team! Been a busy day of grocery shopping, working out, cleaning, and finishing up the Bible study I’m in. Then I spent a bunch of time going over my complete itinerary for our vacation. I’m a major planner and not only do I know where we will eat but I know what I will eat. I do have one lunch where I haven’t made a plan, but I’m not leaving for a few days so it could happen! :D
    :star: 100 DAY CHALLENGE – DAY 19 :star:
    1. Data Driven Fasting: I got my blood sugar trigger and it is set to 86. Started hunger training and it will start going down and hopefully so will my scale.
    2. Exercise/Physical Activity: weights for shoulders and then a leg program on BOD
  • trooworld
    @Katmary71 Well...I kind of had a headache to start with but not a migraine. But I spoke with a doctor about it and it is likely the weather that is triggering the migraines, as is usually the cause. But the added exertion is adding to the cause. That stinks about the wiring appointment being canceled.

@TeresaW1020 You have willpower, I wouldn't be able to wait until Christmas lol! Yesterday, it felt like I was being spanked with a cast-iron skillet all day lol. My butt cheeks hurt badly. :D I know you are so excited about your trip. I can't wait to see some pictures, I hope you'll share!

Hi all. Well, I woke up with a migraine so I have my doubts as to whether I'll be able to work out but I'll sure try. The first thing I did was take my migraine medicine. I've been forgetting to put my utensil down between bites and chew slowly but yesterday, I reminded myself and did it.

1. I will put my utensil down between bites. ✅

• TeresaW1020
    @trooworld HaHa spanked with a cast iron skillet is a perfect picture for the pain that can be felt in a newly worked out tush! :D I’ve been there….more than once! Today, I seriously upped my weights for a back and chest workout and I’ve been dragging my arms like a gorilla all day and dread what the morning will feel like. :grin: Sorry about you getting another migraine and yayy for remembering to put your utensil down.

Hi Team! It’s been a good day. I was supposed to get my hair done but it was canceled until Friday. So, I went ahead and mopped the floors, did laundry, and worked on stuff for the trip. I made a yummy chicken cordon blue casserole with broccoli for dinner. Very filling!! My Ninja Foodie arrived, and it went straight to mom’s room. I want it now, but I also love the anticipation and will just have to plan all the yummy foods I will make right after Christmas! :grin:

:star: 100 DAY CHALLENGE – DAY 20 :star:
    1. Data Driven Fasting: Trigger went down to 85 and my BG was 80 before lunch and 87 before dinner. Not a bad day!
    2. Exercise/Physical Activity: LIIFT 4, week 7 back and chest. Sooo much weight!! :#
This discussion has been closed.