The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• rmmckinney1966
    rmmckinney1966 Posts: 2 Member
    I have been on & off MFP for a few years now. I'm creeping back to my heaviest weight and I'm not liking it! My main focus right now is food control. I'm having total knee replacement on the 18th and that limits my exercise. I need accountability to lose weight once and for all.
  • drollings2019
    drollings2019 Posts: 95 Member
    @rmmckinney1966 I feel ya. I don't have to have knee replacement surgery, but I am having issues with them. Right about the time I was getting motivated with workouts. Now I am trying to figure out what I can and can't do and in the process gave up all the other good habits I created. I tried to add you, but apparently we can't add friends right now. If your profile is up to date, I am only a town away from you!
  • rmmckinney1966
    rmmckinney1966 Posts: 2 Member
    Yes, I’m in the country, Paris. I think my biggest obstacle is snacking and logging. I know if I log I do better.
  • ilovemydograscal
    ilovemydograscal Posts: 5 Member
    47 here, trying to lose 100 pounds! It would be wonderful having more friends, please feel free to add me!
  • FatMikeFit
    FatMikeFit Posts: 2 Member
    Good evening from England. 47 years young chap, looking to lose 90lbs. 2 weeks in to Keto I'm feeling my clothes less tight. Looking for friendly, proactive, positive, people to share advice and words of encouragement. And of course have a laugh if we can along the way. 👍😀
  • GrumpyDumpty
    GrumpyDumpty Posts: 228 Member
    well well well, like a bad smell you thought you got rid of im back again, this time with all the gear but no idea, got myself a posh watch and some weights, makes an excellent place to hang clothes.

former member of the 100 pound club,

follow my journey for some laughs, highs and lows, and me just being funny i hope,
  • sean4851
    sean4851 Posts: 17 Member
    hello i am sean a middleager
  • NVintage
    NVintage Posts: 1,463 Member
    hvoizoccfof8.png
  • KeenLorie
    KeenLorie Posts: 3 Member
    Hello. 47 trips around the sun for me. Please add me for support. Everything is better with friends to lean on.
  • rebekah2882
    rebekah2882 Posts: 50 Member
    Hello everyone! I'm down 27lbs with 32 lbs to go. Feel free to add me! I would love to have more friends going through the same journey as I am.
  • codycandler
    codycandler Posts: 1 Member
    Hello, just restarting after some years away. Tried a few other approaches and not much progress. Approaching 40 next year and determined to get it together before then!
  • sunnysmooth
    sunnysmooth Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2021
    Hello everyone. I am in my mid 40s and I found this place from @george_ahhh. I am liking what I see in terms of healthy balance of nutrition and exercise. I am losing weight the past couple months due to depression but trying to tackle the issues in a more positive aspect by working out and eating right.
  • Melpepper2021
    Melpepper2021 Posts: 6 Member
    Hello please feel free to add me. I just joined not sure how to add friends to start joining challenges. Thanks!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Hello please feel free to add me. I just joined not sure how to add friends to start joining challenges. Thanks!

To add friends on MFP on the desktop app:

1) Click on the username in the left sidebar. A window showing the username will open.
    2) Click on the username again. The user's profile will open.
    3) Click on the "Add Friend" button on the user's profile page.

Formerly, there was an option to send a message along with the request. That feature doesn't work any longer.

An introduction is still a good idea - just a short note mentioning where you saw the user, some common interests or goals, etc. That way they know you are not a spammer or bot. Now I send that note after I have been added.
  • VelvetHeart67
    VelvetHeart67 Posts: 6 Member
    Oh boy...newbie question alert! Why doesn't the weight ticker work any longer? Has it been not working for some time?
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Thank you for your kindness, @IslandGal3.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,193 Member
    Thank you for your kindness, @IslandGal3.

Your in my prayers Steve!
  • GeekDadCS
    GeekDadCS Posts: 153 Member
    50(mumble) year old father of one. Been using MFP for about a year now. Always looking for support and motivation, and offer it in return.