Share Your Day

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,545 Member
    Maybe it was some crazy implant that causes food binges! And now it's gone. That's why you weren't pleased with those M&Ms - not even for a moment. 🤞🏻
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,582 Member
    Punch biopsies are the pits - they literally punch a hole out of your skin, and as you're finding, they take ages to heal. Hang in there Connie - you can push through this! You'll be back swimming again before you know it!
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    NerdyScienceGrl Posts: 669 Member
    I finally got in to see the physical therapist and it was like a huge weight was lifted — I was right, not my back. There are a number of things going on with my hips and legs (and are creating the arthritis flares) but the great news was all are soft tissue and can be worked through fairly quickly. Just in the short session today, some of the rotation in my hips, knees, and feet were returned. It’s been a real *kitten* having little to know internal rotation. The therapist thinks once he and I develop a good stretching plan, get the inflammation under control, and he sets me loose on the world again that I’ll feel like a million bucks and be back to my normal routine. Huge mental boost!
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,751 Member
    I totally respect homemaking and experienced similar condescending attitudes about that role. While my husband was active duty we moved every 2-3 years. One year we moved 3 times to three different states. Our son survived Third grade somehow. Due to licensing and various state requirements, I had to give up my teaching career until he retired. So I did the packing and unpacking, found school for son, was a caregiver for my mom who lived with us and full time cook. Located shopping, arranged services, utilities for home in each new town. Dependents can’t get eye or dental care on base so had to find that too. And the cross country drives with two cars. Maine to Illinois in January. That was the move when the moving van caught fire along some freeway and everything we owned burned.

In the midst of that chaotic lifestyle, I had a good friend once ask me what I did all day since I didn’t have a job!!! So I’m a big supporter of all homemakers.
  • lauriekallis
    There have been so many times in my life that I would have given just about anything to have some and take care of the home fire for a while.

I'm really really glad that your family appreciates you Alexandra. Reading the care that you put into everything always moves me.
  • Bella_Figura
    edited October 2021
    I would never undervalue the work of a homemaker.

My husband had to give up work at the age of 34 - about 5 years after he started dialysing - because the strain on his body was just too great. I became sole breadwinner while he looked after the house. I regularly left for work at 5am and didn't get home until 7pm, and it was always wonderful to come home to a home-cooked meal, to drawers full of fresh laundry, to a clean and tidy home. I've always considered his contribution to our standard of financial/home comfort at least equal to mine.
  • Yoolypr
    There’s a happy midlife ending here. Hubby retired from military and got a second career with no moving required. I went back to teaching, got my graduate degree and ended up in a very happy editing job. Son graduated college and moved out!
    There is light at the end of the tunnel if you just hang in there. Kinda like weight loss 🤗
  • Yoolypr
    How affordable you! Hopefully you can have a little time to recover yourself.
  • Yoolypr
    Nooo - I hate auto correct! I said how AWFUL for you.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,393 Member
    Ouch @amart4224
    Just ouch.
    Glad you're snapping out!
  • Bella_Figura
    That's such rotten luck @amart4224 - I hope you manage to secure another job soon that you enjoy at least as much and that has a little more job security. Well done you for stopping the downward slide!
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    NerdyScienceGrl Posts: 669 Member
    @amart4224 The mental battle is always the hardest part for me. Although it sounds cliché, sometimes things end and leave us feeling rotten but it just means something better is coming! Celebrate that you made the decision to make your health a priority and be kind to yourself as you work through everything. Sending you warm thoughts. There is beauty in imperfection and the lessons learned. 🤗
  • amart4224
    amart4224 Posts: 345 Member
    I ended the day at 200 cals above maintenance - a good start to ease back into things. I was notified this evening that I've been chosen to move on to the next round of interviews for a promising-looking role, so that definitely boosted my mood. I appreciate the encouraging words from everyone! It's so much easier to get back on track when there's a community of understanding people to come back to.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    We are always here for you….fighting our own battles but in the same war!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,227 Member
    @amart4224 I am so sorry about the layoff! That stinks. I remember the stress after I left my last job (horrible for my mental and physical health) but before I got in with my current one. It was terrible. Sometimes focusing on one part of health, the mental part of it, is more important. So be kind to yourself.

Glad to hear though that you are on to the next round of interviews for something new! I will keep you in my thoughts and put an offering out for good luck.
  • lauriekallis
    @amart4224 you must be feeling really bruised. Glad you were able to regroup. I hope the white noise is quietening down so that you can focus on what's important for you and start moving in that direction again.