Can you keep it going asking ONLY QUESTIONS?

Replies

• srazamora
    srazamora Posts: 4,085 Member
    nossmf wrote: »
    Aren't I a little surprised by how vehement your response appears? And is that what those little icons were? Is the fault for not identifying those icons due to my screen or my old eyes?

@nossmf , do you realize your questions serve a dual purpose as they both propel this thread forward and often contain a “word of the day” that helps me expand my vocabulary?
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,898 Member
    So now is the pressure on to continue intellectualizing this thread? Or would you prefer a more apropos word more applicable to everyday conversation? Would you believe my wife hates it when I occasionally begin utilizing the breadth and depth of my vocabulary when I'm around her?
  • srazamora
    So now is the pressure on to continue intellectualizing this thread? Or would you prefer a more apropos word more applicable to everyday conversation? Would you believe my wife hates it when I occasionally begin utilizing the breadth and depth of my vocabulary when I'm around her?

How could we possibly go wrong with intellectualizing this thread?!

• srazamora
    If I pressure everyone else, will that lessen the pressure for you as an individual, @nossmf ?
  • nossmf
    Doesn't pressure turn loosely compacted carbon molecules into a rigidly defined structure?
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,138 Member
    edited October 2021
    Doesn't pressure turn loosely compacted carbon molecules into a rigidly defined structure?

Oh, you mean like graphene, or maybe "ice nine"? 😉😂
  • nossmf
    Do I have a secret hater choosing to disagree with all of my posts in this thread? (Or at least each of the last three?)
  • frankwbrown
    edited October 2021
    Do I have a secret hater choosing to disagree with all of my posts in this thread? (Or at least each of the last three?)

Are you pulling my leg? 🤔
    Doesn't it seem that you are unaware I fully understood you were talking about diamonds, and that I was not disagreeing, but rather doing what I often do, which is to inject humor into the conversation?
    Haven't I quite recently been accused of telling a "dad joke"?
    (Do you think I think the person who accused me of that is a secret hater of mine?) 🤔
    (Didn't I just edit my previous post to make it more obvious I was joking?)
    (@srazamora, is humor in the form of a question allowed here?) 😂
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,660 Member
    @frankwbrown, that wasn't me accusing you of dad jokes, was it? (Didn't I just jump in and suggest you were prolific? 😜) You know I'm your biggest fan and not a hater, don't you? Aren't I getting ready to order a ristretto latte for Brian? Is fun allowed here?
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,416 Member
    edited October 2021
    Maybe the disagreer doesn’t wish to learn new words? My word of the day “paraprosdokian” is fitting for some of us here, isn’t it?
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    Aren’t we always better off not feeding the trolls?
  • frankwbrown
    In a similar vein, does it bother anybody else when somebody refers to something as "very unique?" Since the definition of unique means singular, none exactly like it, then isn't "very unique" the same as saying "very one?"

Isn't that a very unique interesting observation you've made there?

@nossmf
    Don't I fail to see how my response above was disagreeing with you?
    Can you not see that I agree, and find it an interesting observation, which is what I said?
    Doesn't it appear to me that some people get my humor, and others are apparently annoyed by it?
  • Cat0703a
    edited October 2021
    @frankwbrown, Isn’t he referring to someone actually hitting the disagree reaction and not your witty dad jokes? 😉
  • frankwbrown

Don't I apologize for thinking you were talking about me, if in fact you weren't?
    Don't I now see that someone was clicking their disagree button on your posts and some others?
    Isn't that a cowardly thing to do, anonymous drive-by disagreements?
  • frankwbrown
    Cat0703a wrote: »
    Maybe the disagreer doesn’t wish to learn new words? My word of the day “paraprosdoikan” is fitting for some of us here, isn’t it?

“paraprosdoikan”? How do you spell that? 😂
    (wasn't that going to be a good dad joke, until I looked up that word (had to) and found it's misspelled, so now it's just pointing out your misspelling?) 🙄
  • TX_Bluebonnet
    TX_Bluebonnet Posts: 244 Member
    A "good dad joke"? Does such a thing exist?
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a wrote: »
    Maybe the disagreer doesn’t wish to learn new words? My word of the day “paraprosdoikan” is fitting for some of us here, isn’t it?

“paraprosdoikan”? How do you spell that? 😂
    (wasn't that going to be a good dad joke, until I looked up that word (had to) and found it's misspelled, so now it's just pointing out your misspelling?) 🙄

Did I do that on purpose to see if anyone was paying attention? 😆
  • frankwbrown
    A "good dad joke"? Does such a thing exist?

Isn't it true that, while there may not be such a thing as a good dad joke, there can nevertheless be a good example of a bad dad joke? (Is the use of bad here superfluous?)

(@cmsienk, isn't @TX_Bluebonnet the one who accused me of telling dad jokes?
    But how can I be upset at my daughter for saying that? 😂)
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,660 Member
    edited October 2021
    Could it be the disagreer got bitten by the 'scrolling on the right, disagreeing with everything' bug? Didn't that happen to me once? Aren't I careful to scroll on the left side now?
    EDIT: Isn't that what I tell myself now if I see a Disagree on one of my posts? 🤣🤣🤣
  • frankwbrown
    Isn't it fortunate that clicking repeatedly on the same button toggles it "clicked" and "unclicked", so that you can undo an accidental click? Didn't I discover that while clicking like on a comment that I'd previously already clicked, and I saw the count go down by one?