Hi there, new to MFP and starting a 200lb + weight loss journey

mizuumii
mizuumii Posts: 6 Member
edited October 2021 in Introduce Yourself
Hihi all!
Nice to meet everyone here. The community looks great! I'm starting a new journey on my road to loosing at least 200 pounds and more.

I started in 350s and would like to get to 110-120lbs ideal weight. Iti's going to be a long journey, and I'm not sure how to set goals realistically yet but i did some research and i decided to have a list of concrete long term milestones plus a list of near-term goals that i will adapt and revise as i learn more about fitness and health, and as I go. :)

I just turned 29 recently and decided this is not the way I want to live. If anyones interested to motivate each other and follow each other to help each other out and stay in the game lets talk!!!

I have no friends who I can share and open up about myself truly so this is where I find comfort in being transparent about my weight loss goals ! I love the positivity MFP brings and I plan to stay as long as it takes for me to get to my GW!

Cheers from east coast canada !! :smile:

Feel free to add me, as I am looking for new friends !

[edited by MFP staff]

Replies

• mjglantz
    mjglantz Posts: 487 Member
    Welcome! You are smart to think about near term goals and to reward yourself when you reach those goals. Losing 200 lbs could seem daunting so thinking more short term is a good way to go.
    If you haven't already checked out the message board for "getting started" I'd do that. Here is a link to many tips:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest

When I started for the last time 10 years ago I knew that I had to make some changes for a healthier life. Also knew that diets didn't work...sure they worked short term but I'd always gained the weight back when I went off the diet. Accepted that what I did to lose weight I'd be doing for life. Made small sustainable changes and as those became habits I added more. Ended up losing about 85 lbs and have been at or under my goal for 8 years.

You might want to check out some of the groups or challenges. A good way to get friends and give each other encouragement and support.
  • mizuumii
    mizuumii Posts: 6 Member
    mjglantz wrote: »
    Welcome! You are smart to think about near term goals and to reward yourself when you reach those goals. Losing 200 lbs could seem daunting so thinking more short term is a good way to go.
    If you haven't already checked out the message board for "getting started" I'd do that. Here is a link to many tips:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest

When I started for the last time 10 years ago I knew that I had to make some changes for a healthier life. Also knew that diets didn't work...sure they worked short term but I'd always gained the weight back when I went off the diet. Accepted that what I did to lose weight I'd be doing for life. Made small sustainable changes and as those became habits I added more. Ended up losing about 85 lbs and have been at or under my goal for 8 years.

You might want to check out some of the groups or challenges. A good way to get friends and give each other encouragement and support.

Thank you!!!
    Thats a great suggestion and I'im going to do that right after this and check out all those sections.

I definitely think its going to be hard and i'm scared honestly, seeing all the loose skin, I do want to rush since I have a deadline (1 year) but I understand it should be taken at a slower pace and healthy way so I am balancing out the two. Im scared of bouncing back at the same time so I will be making sure i can at least lose in healthy ways hopefully!

I really appreciate your response and the link is going to be helpful. Thank you !! :D