Women 200lb+, Let's Have An UnBOOlievable October!!!

Replies

• wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    @goal06082021
    I'm so terribly sorry for this devastating news, which surely has turned your world upside-down. We will all be here to help however we can, especially as you navigate this time of not being able to tell the rest of your family. Please take good care of yourself and reach out as much as you need to.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Thank you ladies. ❤️
  • Melpepper2021
    Melpepper2021 Posts: 6 Member
    Less than a week in and I am down 2 5 lbs feeling good! Heading to Houston for work need motivation to stay on track! Please add me friends I really want to be in challenges as well! Thanks!
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    @goal06082021
    I am sorry to hear about your husband's diagnosis. I cannot even imagine what you both are going through right now. Sending positive vibes your way. <3
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Less than a week in and I am down 2 5 lbs feeling good! Heading to Houston for work need motivation to stay on track! Please add me friends I really want to be in challenges as well! Thanks!

I hope you mean 2.5 lbs, otherwise I want to know how you chose which leg to keep. But good work, keep trusting the process and you will see results - it will slow down some, a lot of that is probably water, but the name of the game is sustainable changes!
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 515 Member
    @goal06082021 I'm so sorry to hear of your husband's diagnosis. Just stay informed and ask lots of questions, there are no stupid questions so ask away. Your world might feel upside down right now, but it will right itself soon. Just keep taking good care of yourself, that is something in your control that you can handle. Sending prayers your way.
  • Deanner03
    Deanner03 Posts: 371 Member
    @goal06082021 , I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm hoping for a manageable treatment plan for him and for you.
  • jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 477 Member
    @goal06082021 I’m so sorry to hear about your husband. I know it’s hard as a loved one feeling so helpless! Hugs!❤️
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,645 Member
    @goal06082021 You have been dealt a heavy blow with your husband’s diagnosis and I’m sorry. Together with the doctors you will figure out the best plan of action to beat this. I hope it doesn’t take long because the waiting for answers is so hard.
  • sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    Height 5'10"
    SW Jan 2021: 271.1
    SW this month: 199.8 (9/30/21)
    GW this month: 195
    GW for 2021: 180

10/7 - 198.8
    10/14 - 196.6
    10/21
    10/28

I made it through the stressful quarter-end period at work while staying successful in my weight loss. I did have to skip several of my walks in order to get in early and get work done on time but I stayed consistent with my eating throughout. Planning and prepping my breakfast and lunch the night before worked really well and it was nice to not have to worry about it in the morning or when I was swamped at work.

@goal06082021 - I am so sorry to hear about your husband's diagnosis. Sending positive vibes your way.
  • sargemarcori
    sargemarcori Posts: 301 Member
    huzzah for benign! I' m so glad to read that.
  • justanotherloser007
    justanotherloser007 Posts: 578 Member
    edited October 2021
    48 yo 5’3” 6/2013 SW 277

10/1 191.6 body fat 44.1% Oct goal 188.6: loss of 3 lbs
    10/8 190
    10/15 188.2
    10/20
    10/29

My non-scale goals:

🎃 walk 2 miles every single day
    🎃 concentrate on food as nutrition or as medicine
    🎃 keep carbs under 100g daily
    🎃 be patient
    🎃 be able to retire my "towel sheet" and use a regular person towel

Now that I have lost 89 lbs I saw a friend I haven't seen in two years, and she said not only do I look thinner I look different. I probably do! I do feel like a helium balloon that is a couple days old when I look at myself. The daily walks are a life saver!

@goal06082021 I am soo grateful the tumor is benign! Take it one day at a time! And some days you might just have to hold the line. I know what you are talking about with sharing with the hubby your feelings. But when I got cancer this year, I shared my feelings with the hubby anyway. We cried a little bit, and he seemed downright terrified! But he is my best friend, and I do not regret sharing with him. Even though some days I felt like if I had to go to one more Dr appt, one more poking, slicing I was going to lose it - that intensity did pass. I knew it would at the time I just was overwhelmed.

Oddly enough, I was staying on the program with logging and walking at the time. The walking was less rigorous of course, more like lollygagging. But the sameness, and the routine was actually quite comforting. Like I can't control this health issue, but I can do something about my weight. Ya'll can do this, just one thing at a time!

@swimmom_1 Are you going to do a marathon soon? I think you might be working towards that goal!

• Deanner03
    40 y/o 6’0” SW 277.7
    10/1 245.6
    10/8 242.1
    10/15 237.7
    10/20
    10/29

October goal weight: 236
    Ultimate goal weight: 185(ish)

My non-scale goals:

🎃 Exercise every day
    🎃 Stay in deficit
    🎃 Remember that I'm seeking progress, not perfection, and that one "bad" meal/day doesn't need to turn into a habit.

I booked a last minute trip for next month with a friend. Now I'm nervous about my weight (bathing suits will be involved). I have to work on slowing down my losses, but it keeps giving me anxiety to eat more. I feel myself tipping into obsessive about it. How do you manage that? This week is most likely water. TOM came finally. I usually see a whoosh around then.
  • Deanner03
    @Making_Impossible_Possible you are getting SO CLOSE to ONEderland! That has to be a sweet feeling!

Enjoy the birthday dinner!!!