Can you keep it going asking ONLY QUESTIONS?

Replies

• frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,146 Member
    cmsienk wrote: »
    Who else would enjoy some Trader Joe's pumpkin bisque? Didn't I just have a bowl with a slice of their Tuscan Pane artisan bread? What's better than soup on a gloomy, rainy day?

Not better, but isn't a bowl of chili with some cornbread also pretty good?
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,665 Member
    edited October 2021
    Who else would enjoy some Trader Joe's pumpkin bisque? Didn't I just have a bowl with a slice of their Tuscan Pane artisan bread? What's better than soup on a gloomy, rainy day?

Do you know I would actually consider that a tie?
  • frankwbrown
    srazamora wrote: »
    😲 Doesn’t a meal like that make it sound like you’ve got your own personal chef or something??

Do you know how funny it is for me to hear you say that? 😂
    I've never been much of a cook, but didn't I subscribe to Hello Fresh a while back, so I've had some meals delivered, with easy-to-follow recipes and packaged with nearly all the ingredients necessary?
    Isn't "Shrimp Spaghetti With A Kick" one of those meals?
    And how hard is it to put parmesan on buttered French bread and pop it under the broiler, keeping a very close eye on it so it gets golden brown and not burnt?
    (Isn't Hello Fresh more expensive than if I were to buy the ingredients myself, which I'll start doing now that I'm getting the hang of it?)
  • cmsienk
    edited October 2021
    😲 Doesn’t a meal like that make it sound like you’ve got your own personal chef or something??

I've never been much of a cook, but didn't I subscribe to Hello Fresh a while back, so I've had some meals delivered, with easy-to-follow recipes and packaged with nearly all the ingredients necessary?
    And how hard is it to put parmesan on buttered French bread and pop it under the broiler, keeping a very close eye on it so it gets golden brown and not burnt?
    (Isn't Hello Fresh more expensive than if I were to buy the ingredients myself, which I'll start doing now that I'm getting the hang of it?)

How smart are you though, to use that to kick start your 'cheffing' abilities?
  • frankwbrown

Don't I recall enjoying a few evenings, while in England, on a rainy night, cozied up in front of a nice fire with a cup of hot cocoa, warming my hands?
  • cmsienk
    edited October 2021

Don't I recall enjoying a few evenings, while in England, on a rainy night, cozied up in front of a nice fire with a cup of hot cocoa, warming my hands?

Isn't it going to drop into the 40s here tonight? Don't you think there may be hand-warming hot cocoa in my future?
  • frankwbrown
    edited October 2021

Isn't that something to look forward to?

Isn't it going to drop into the 40s here tonight? Don't you think there may be hand-warming hot cocoa in my future?

Isn't there one particular night in England that stands out in my memories, enjoying that fire and hot cocoa, with the sound of the rain being accompanied by the Grateful Dead's American Beauty album?
    Isn't Ripple one of my favorite songs of theirs, having incredible lyrics that include this:
    "Ripple in still water,
    When there is no pebble tossed
    nor wind to blow"?
  • srazamora
    srazamora Posts: 4,093 Member

How smart are you though, to use that to kick start your 'cheffing' abilities?

Can I get some credit for being that smart, too? Should I get less credit though considering it didn’t pan out the way I had planned and I’m still as bad as I’ve ever been at cooking despite my feeble attempts with HelloFresh and everything else?
  • frankwbrown
    Are you selling yourself short?

Haven't I kept the recipe cards for the meals I've liked that were easy enough? How hard will it be for me to buy the listed ingredients and repeat it? Beyond that, how hard can it be to do the same for a recipe from a cookbook?
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,416 Member
    Or even recipes from the internet?

Aren’t I teaching my son some one sheet pan dinners that are easy, healthy, and tasty? Isn’t clean up great when there is one bowl and one baking sheet used?
    A beginner cook knocked this one out of the park so why couldn’t you? 😉 s0bv109sl8ou.jpeg
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    I'm lying here feeling exhausted and lazy from my job, you know what I mean? What can I do to motivate myself to take a walk?
  • cmsienk

Isn't that something to look forward to?

Isn't there one particular night in England that stands out in my memories, enjoying that fire and hot cocoa, with the sound of the rain being accompanied by the Grateful Dead's American Beauty album?
    Isn't Ripple one of my favorite songs of theirs, having incredible lyrics that include this:
    "Ripple in still water,
    When there is no pebble tossed
    nor wind to blow"?

Don't you listen to some interesting music? Didn't listening to that lead me down an hour long YouTube rabbit hole about the origins of that song, Jerry Garcia and more?
  • Cat0703a
    Didn’t all the talk of scones lead me to buy some this morning when I went out for a loaf of bread? 🤦‍♀️
  • frankwbrown
    Cat0703a wrote: »
    Or even recipes from the internet?

Aren’t I teaching my son some one sheet pan dinners that are easy, healthy, and tasty? Isn’t clean up great when there is one bowl and one baking sheet used?
    A beginner cook knocked this one out of the park so why couldn’t you? 😉 s0bv109sl8ou.jpeg

Didn't I have one sheet pan meal that might have been better had I not burned the broccoli? But doesn't that one look like one worth trying? 😋
  • cmsienk
    edited October 2021
    @frankwbrown, were you too sleepy to add another word (somewhere else)? 🤭
  • cmsienk
    Cat0703a wrote: »
    Didn’t all the talk of scones lead me to buy some this morning when I went out for a loaf of bread? 🤦‍♀️

What flavor scones did you get?
  • Cat0703a
    Wasn’t it hard to choose? But didn’t berry/white chocolate, double chocolate, and pumpkin win this time? I wonder why they didn’t have any savoury ones?
  • frankwbrown
    Hollis100 wrote: »
    I'm lying here feeling exhausted and lazy from my job, you know what I mean? What can I do to motivate myself to take a walk?

might I suggest putting on your walking shoes and some earbuds, then walk to the rhythm of a song like these?

New Walkin' Blues by Paul Butterfield's Better Days

Sport by Altan

The Roseville by Altan
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,165 Member
    Why does every weekend have to be busy? Haven't I been baking all morning for a dinner party today because we have to go to the car dealership to finalize my new car purchase? Tomorrow don't I have an in person first aid class then we're visiting the mother in law? Will I get to relax?
  • cmsienk
    Don't I sympathize with you about busy weekends? But more importantly, did you make butter tarts?😍