October Monthly Challenge 2021

baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
Hey guys, this isn't usually my job. I'm here to do administrative things and make sure folk behave. The member who regularly does the monthly challenge seems to be missing so I thought I'd post a thread for you all to support each other in.

Here's a template:

October 2021

Sunday 10/3 - 162
Sunday 10/10 -
Sunday 10/17 -
Sunday 10/24 -
Sunday 10/31 -

Chinatowninchina is free to take this over anytime they return. In the meantime, I thought I'd help give the group a bump since activity has fallen off.
Welcome to all! And KCKO.

Replies

• KristinLeeD
    KristinLeeD Posts: 218 Member
    edited October 2021
    Thank you for doing this @baconslave ! I am back with regularity now, and I noticed that there was no September thread on the page. Hope everything is okay with @chinatowninchina.

It feels good being back to exercising and (mostly) eating well. My diet really suffers on the weekends or on special nights and I'm okay with that. This entire process has always been mental and emotional for me. I have had more mental success with planning when I am going to go "off plan." That seems to work for me because I can up my exercise and be more strict beforehand and afterward to compensate. And for me it alleviates the guilt of "blowing it." This works for me AS LONG AS I have a plan and it ends with me resuming good habits. That is the key. This is easier to do after I am fat-adapted because I then don't go too far. For example, going off plan now means just a little more carbs and calories, an extra (low cal) cocktail, or a couple of small cookies, NOT a fast-food meal or an entire box of ice cream bars! I am not good at self-control until I am a few weeks in.

Now that it has been a few weeks, I am super happy to be past feeling hungry ALL the time and the cravings that I seem to always have are gone for now. I love it when that happens...it makes me more motivated. My clothes are looser so that motivates me as well.
    Each time I lose weight I swear I won't gain it again because I feel so good. Maybe this time?

I have had some feet issues over the past year or two with plantar fasciitis. It has been horrible. I am now finally seeing my foot doctor, have had a couple of cortisone shots, they have wrapped my foot a few times and I'm doing exercises to stretch out my calves. Between all of that and wearing better shoes, it seems to be getting a little better. Losing weight will only be an added benefit of having less strain. Getting older is so much fun.

I love that where we live it's starting to feel like fall...at least part of the day! aexolwji8cea.jpg
    Hope everyone has a wonderful October!

SW: 165
    GW: 125

Sunday 10/3 - 153.5
    Sunday 10/10 -
    Sunday 10/17 -
    Sunday 10/24 -
    Sunday 10/31 -

Total Lost: 11.5
    To Go: 28.5

• WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,517 Member
    I haven't been posting a ton, but I would love to see more life on this board!

I've been doing Keto since April and lost 50lbs. The last month I haven't been strict and put back on 3lbs, but I'm quite sure it is just water weight. My H has started back on Keto this week with me which is both a blessing and a curse. The blessing is that now he won't want to eat out every meal, the curse is that he's super picky and complains about everything. Yes, I realize that I could make him prepare his own food, but then he'd never do the diet and never lose any weight and I need for us both to be happy and healthy, so I suck it up.

Tuesday 10/5: 228lbs
    Tuesday 10/12:
    Tuesday 10/19:
    Tuesday 10/26:
    Sunday 10/31:

October weight goal: 220lbs
    Overall weight goal: 135lbs
  • KristinLeeD
    edited October 2021
    @WholeFoodsforLyfe
    50 lbs is awesome! Congratulations!

It is SO much easier when you aren't the only one in the house watching what you eat! One of our daughters started going to the gym with me so that is a huge help as well.

Fortunately, my husband eats low carb, high protein so it makes things easier for me. I do get frustrated though because he has WAY more willpower than me and kind of doesn't care about food like I do. I wish I were that way! In addition, he cut carbs, quit sweets and started doing push ups every morning and voila, he is in good shape. While I am over here, going to the gym and struggling to say no to all the things I want to eat and lose the weight I put on from smelling a donut. (yes, I'm exaggerating, but that's how I feel!)
  • TXRebelle
    TXRebelle Posts: 139 Member
    I'm still at it. I saw a new low last month but it didn't stick. Attempting to be strict this month even with all the dumb commercials tempting me nightly. o:)

10/01: 162.7
    10/08: 163.9
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Hello everyone-I’m really happy to see a Keto group here!
    I lost about 40 pounds strictly calorie counting in 2018 on here and kept it off for months until a medical issue threw me for a loop and I ended up gaining it all back.
    For both health and weight, I’ve been Keto since mid July of this year and am 21 pounds down. I notice this time, the scale loss is noticeably slower than the inches lost. I seem to be losing fat where I need to—3 inches in my waist and 1 1/2 inches off each thigh already.
    I feel better eating this way, my hunger is under control as well as my cravings.
    @baconslave, thank you for starting the thread-I look forward to participating.
    SW—7/21–174
    CW—10/21-153
    GW—140
  • aishmartin
    aishmartin Posts: 468 Member
    edited October 2021
    Going to try to keep up with the tracking this time...let's hope I remember to keep coming back to check-in. Glad there's a Keto group here, too. Anyone a Dr. Berry fan?

Starting Weight - 220
    Current Weight 10/10 - 211
    Goal Weight - 140
  • Aquamarine317
    Aquamarine317 Posts: 18 Member
    A newbie to the group. Doing keto for the first time. However, I don't eat a lot of meat anymore so looking for alternatives. Tofu and avocado are not options. 🤢

Starting weight - 273
    Sunday 10/10 - 265
    Sunday 10/17 -
    Sunday 10/24 -
    Sunday 10/31 -
  • aishmartin
    A newbie to the group. Doing keto for the first time. However, I don't eat a lot of meat anymore so looking for alternatives. Tofu and avocado are not options. 🤢

Could you do cheese, seafood (lobster, crab, clams, tuna, salmon, etc.), eggs?
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    Tuesday 10/12: 222lbs
    Tuesday 10/19:
    Tuesday 10/26:
    Sunday 10/31:

Thankfully I have dropped the water weight I put back on from only half-assing Keto for the month of September. It was a much needed break, so I'm okay with it. I'm back on track now.

@Aquamarine317 check out Dr Will Cole, he has a book about Vegetarian Keto so you might get some ideas from that, I think it's called Keto-tarian, or something like that.

• TXRebelle
    TXRebelle Posts: 139 Member
    10/01: 162.7
    10/08: 163.9
    10/15: 161.3
  • aishmartin
    Starting Weight - 220

10/10 - 211
    10/17 - 209

Goal Weight - 140
  • Aquamarine317
    aishmartin wrote: »

Could you do cheese, seafood (lobster, crab, clams, tuna, salmon, etc.), eggs?

Yes..cheese, some seafood and eggs. Thanks!
  • Aquamarine317
    Tuesday 10/19:
    Tuesday 10/26:
    Sunday 10/31:

Thankfully I have dropped the water weight I put back on from only half-assing Keto for the month of September. It was a much needed break, so I'm okay with it. I'm back on track now.

@Aquamarine317 check out Dr Will Cole, he has a book about Vegetarian Keto so you might get some ideas from that, I think it's called Keto-tarian, or something like that.

I will. Thank you!
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    I finally tracked down some Lactose Free Keto-Friendly Ice Cream, and I've got to say, it was kind of underwhelming. I don't think that it is something that I'll buy again. Now I need to find some low carb potato chips LOL

Also, this week is a perfect example of why weight loss trends are more important than the actual number on any given day. Started the week at 222, down to 219.3, up to 222.2 and then down to 220.9. Weight loss is such a mind ***k.

Tuesday 10/19: 220.9
    Tuesday 10/26:
    Sunday 10/31:

• KristinLeeD
    I weigh every day and my weight is all over the place right now, but I am seeing (positive) body and energy level changes so I'm not worrying about the numbers on the scale right now. Especially since I am increasing my weights, I know I am building muscle. We'll see what next week shows!

SW: 165
    GW: 125

Sunday 10/3 - 153.5
    Sunday 10/10 - 153.2 <.3>
    Sunday 10/17 - 152 <1.2>
    Sunday 10/24 -
    Sunday 10/31 -

Total Lost: 13
    To Go: 27
  • KristinLeeD
    edited October 2021
    aishmartin wrote: »
    qp0wqvwqpspo.png

This is why I started weighing almost every day. If I weigh weekly and it happens to be a higher day due to water weight, etc., I get discouraged. Weighing daily allows me to see the ups and downs and also make more adjustments when I see trends. For me, that is more difficult if I only weigh once a week. Also, I don't stick to a proper diet every single day, so I want to see more frequently how the things I eat affect my progress.
  • aishmartin
    Starting Weight - 220

10/10 - 211
    10/17 - 209
    10/24 - 206

Goal Weight - 140
  • NYPhotographer2021
    NYPhotographer2021 Posts: 506 Member
    Starting Weight 8/26 - 214

10/1 - 204.2
    10/26 - 194.4
    Current - 193.2

Goal Weight - 150

I weigh every day too, and input that weight on here. Even when I don't want to. So my report graph is not a straight downward line. It's so hard not to get discouraged when the weight goes back up. So I like being able to see the overall trend. Yes, there are peaks, but there are definitely valleys too! My goal for November was to be below 190. If things keep going as they are, I will definitely make it!!!

mh3nvryz1rkd.png
This discussion has been closed.