SandTiger's work in progress thread - starting weight 245

Replies

• Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Sand_TIger wrote: »
    I've had to make a hard decision lately and cut down my friends list to the bare bones. I'd noticed that my interactions were reducing in quality and I wasn't supporting my friends well enough. Some unhealthy thought patterns about food were coming back as well as some hiding behavior where I would think about not logging things just because I would know that everyone could see - and in my head, that means being judged.

Congrats on your weight loss and journey to better health -- and thanks for sharing with us here.

It's good to recognize unhealthy thought patterns. I made my food diary private some time ago because I felt judged about the entries and found it was a good decision.

• Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,070 Member
    Hollis100 wrote: »
    I've had to make a hard decision lately and cut down my friends list to the bare bones. I'd noticed that my interactions were reducing in quality and I wasn't supporting my friends well enough. Some unhealthy thought patterns about food were coming back as well as some hiding behavior where I would think about not logging things just because I would know that everyone could see - and in my head, that means being judged.

It's good to recognize unhealthy thought patterns. I made my food diary private some time ago because I felt judged about the entries and found it was a good decision.

Totally agreed! It's funny, too, about being judged - I can have almost as much discomfort over positive comments as I would over negative ones! I know that people are trying to help and most of the time I keep my diary open as a mental exercise, but right now is different. Thanks for your thoughts on this. :)
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    I try to keep my MFP friends between 40 and 50…. If they don’t log for a while or ever comment on posts, I usually “ lose “ them….I read that post about your sticky stars, and I am going to try something like that….I still want to lose 40 more pounds and it will be a great incentive!….I have been going thru a lot of personal issues ( as you know ! ) but I am not quitting or giving up….mentally I know eating unhealthy surplus amounts of food doesn’t solve a thing but emotionally I have always turned to food as my comfort….thanks for all of your kind words and giving me the incentive to keep going!
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,138 Member
    edited October 2021
    Low calorie, quick, leftover stew

Start by cutting up the vegetables of your choice and boiling them in a pot with just enough water to cover. Slice hard vegetables thinly and put them in first.

After the hard vegetables, such as carrot, potato, radish, turnip, or beet, cut up your protein ( used leftover chicken breast) and put it in.

Once it has boiled a bit, add your softer vegetables, like onion, mushroom, bell pepper, and so on.

Last of all, after seasoning with some garlic and black pepper, I put in a gravy packet and stirred till it was thick.

Chicken gravy from a packet is only around 20 calories per serving when you make it without oil. It makes a really nice, thick sauce - the resulting stew tasted like I'd simmered it for hours. Not only that, it only took 15 or 20 minutes to make on the stovetop, and I could make just one serving if I wanted to.

Hope this method is useful to someone!

Hi @Sand_Tiger! I was missing your daily posts and I found you on here yesterday. I respect your decision to trim your friend list but do miss reading your posts. I appreciate that you explained why you were trimming before you did so. Anyway I thought I would stop in to say hi and also, I bought a ton of vegetables today at the market. I was like, why am I doing this, it's only the 2 of us, I'll never be able to eat these up before they go bad. But then I remembered this post so I threw a chicken gravy packet in my cart too. I have cooked chicken in the freezer. So thank you for sharing this recipe! Take care!
  • Sand_TIger
    Jana_2020 wrote: »

Hi @Sand_Tiger! I was missing your daily posts and I found you on here yesterday. I respect your decision to trim your friend list but do miss reading your posts. I appreciate that you explained why you were trimming before you did so. Anyway I thought I would stop in to say hi and also, I bought a ton of vegetables today at the market. I was like, why am I doing this, it's only the 2 of us, I'll never be able to eat these up before they go bad. But then I remembered this post so I threw a chicken gravy packet in my cart too. I have cooked chicken in the freezer. So thank you for sharing this recipe! Take care!

You're always welcome to stop by here! I'm glad you were able to use the idea. Thanks for being understanding.
  • Sand_TIger
    Latest blog entry in honor of my dad's retirement:

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Sand_TIger/view?id=the-inner-light-998116
  • caseydimples
    caseydimples Posts: 173 Member
    So glad you are still updating your blog. Thanks for posting here so I could find it. I LOVE your motivation as it really motivates me. I'm positive you will get to goal this year. I'm going to try hard too. Thanks for the motivation!
  • urbanr1
    urbanr1 Posts: 10 Member
    Great job__looking terrific!
  • Sand_TIger
    edited March 2022
    This latest entry basically talks about where I've been, a few of the challenges I've been facing, and how I'm not done yet!

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Sand_TIger/view?id=is-the-hiatus-over-1004477
  • Sand_TIger
    I'm starting a garden this year, after several failures. This time I'm REALLY trying.

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Sand_TIger/view?id=i-humbly-receive-1004613
  • justanotherloser007
    justanotherloser007 Posts: 578 Member
    Love the perfect tulip, beautiful!
  • Sand_TIger
    Latest blog entry - sort of a retrospective, talking about how my mindset changed over my weight loss journey.

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Sand_TIger/view?id=where-i-ve-been-where-i-m-going-1007780
  • Sand_TIger
    New blog entry - I'm writing a book! Looking for thoughts on any topics I should cover, and ideas on titles that would grab your attention.

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Sand_TIger/view?id=you-don-t-have-to-be-rich-to-be-thin-1008174
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!