Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Nothing yet, but its only 8.15am.. 😁
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,493 Member
    Options
    I had to get up at the buttcrack of dawn to take my ex to the airport and I have to go pick him up tonight, late.
    His truck had a flat.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,010 Member
    Options
    First world problem….made myself sit in my car while my daughter is a ballet to sew the elastics on her new ballet shoes. I sewed one of them on wrong.😫😂 I don’t know why this is such a chore to me every time.

tp1cgt3hqd9e.jpeg
    Also add to the irk that I worked out late and am still in workout clothes.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,291 Member
    Options
    The VA has mysteriously revoked my husband’s prescription for insulin syringes????

I guess he is supposed to suck his insulin off a spoon now?

Grr grr grr not looking forward to tomorrow’s phone call/argument with them.
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    Slow drivers and people just stopping in the middle of the street to turn when there’s a median. I actively honked at them and stuck the good ol’ middle finger out the window at them.
    When did I become like this? 🤷🏻‍♀️ I just have zero patience anymore.
  • dawnfire72
    dawnfire72 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Having to admit that I am human irks me. I'd rather be a cat or even a fancy rat than a human right now.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,291 Member
    Options
    I'm a tad irked that someone posting an informative post about different colored trick or treat pails to signify allergies or autism led to a massive petty squabble in an online FB group I'm part of. The person posting was only passing along information from our local news station and yet, some d-bag just had to come on and argue about how it wasn't "the responsibility of other parents to monitor or know whether your kid had allergies or was autistic" and that he wasn't going to "participate in a culture that led to being "soft and inclusive"".

Does it really take that much for someone to have some inkling of empathy for families who have neurodivergent children (or adults) or who have severe allergies to COMMON ingredients? If you don't want to participate in having allergy free or non-scary stuff for kids, that's fine, but the rude commentary and accusing parents having to navigate a world for their children who have these issues is just disrespectful and honestly super insensitive.

It just struck me as particularly rude this morning. It was made even worse that the person in question then resorted to name calling in a military community when he realized all the spouses in the group weren't on his side. Seriously, calling all of us "dependas" simply because you're a person with a terrible opinion? Up to that point, no one had name-called him at all, just pointed out inaccuracies or issues with his opinion (and the fact that the post was supposed to just be informative, not requiring anyone to take any action at all).

It just ended up being very heated, very ridiculous and left a bad taste in many mouths, as it were.

Ugh.

Although I am against the blue autism bucket. Not for the reasons your icky person is against them, though. And this is definitely not the place to explain why.

The teal ones for allergies? Definitely. And I always have hot wheels cars and stickers and other things for those kids. But the other trick or treaters? Everyone gets candy at my house. If they want it. No age restrictions, no need to perform a “Trick or Treat!” And definitely no need for a costume.

And calling someone a “dependa” is truly low.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Ack, seeing the frost on my car.
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    It is so windy today.
    Sneezing a lot. 🤧
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    It’s still very windy, sneezing, headache.
    🤧🤯😪💨
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,701 Member
    Options
    This was actually yesterday's irk. Hotel staff who ignore the Do Not Disturb sign on the door and knock anyway to see if you need something. I had just checked in the night before and was grabbing a quick nap before I had to start loading in this job. I'd been here less than 24 hours. No I don't need more towels just yet.
  • Ironwoman1111
    Ironwoman1111 Posts: 3,913 Member
    Options
    Hiccups
    3r15sa6adm9o.gif
  • PeacefulBalance
    PeacefulBalance Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Watching the clock tick by while trying to fall asleep - the insomnia is real tonight.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,010 Member
    Options
    Rumination. It’s a *kitten* *kitten*.
  • stevewallen
    stevewallen Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Heard a legit NPR reporter use the word "furtographer" on the news this morning. :#
  • stevewallen
    stevewallen Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Watching the clock tick by while trying to fall asleep - the insomnia is real tonight.

Hope you were able to get some rest!
  • CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,594 Member
    Options
    The squeeking sound my faux leather leggings are making when I walk 😳