Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - OCTOBER 2021

Replies

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    Hi! I'm back from my vacation. Husband and I had a great time celebrating 30 years of marriage. We visited North GA- and it's beautiful and mountainous there. We enjoyed a bit cooler temps and managed to stay pretty active with some strenuous hikes, an archery lesson and zip lining. However, of course we had plenty of adult beverages and yummy food. Our actual anniversary is tomorrow- and we'll be going out one more time. I'm sure this week will be a bust weight wise, but that's OK. Things like this are important!

Since we got back, I've been eating salads and I did a nice sweaty step workout today and it felt good!

Lisa
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @laurelfit57 Great job on your eating while traveling! I'm glad you are having a great time. Thanks re: the loss. I'm super happy!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Ugh that's the worst. I hope your PMS goes away soon. Junk food is tasty lol.

@Cornanda Welcome back! And Happy Anniversary today! Yes, things like this are important and it's called life. Enjoy it!

Hi all. I had a nice workout yesterday and no snacks from the vending machine or cafe, so yay!

100-day challenge commitments:
    1. I will put my utensil down between bites. ✅
    2. Chew slowly and chew enough. ✅
    3. Stop Eating C.R.A.P. Challenge: ✘ (just a lil bit of c.r.a.p.)

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Daily goals :
    Date: 10/16 & 17& 18
    Username: murdog3t
    Log food: ✅
    7000 steps: ✅
    30 min exercise: ✅
    30 min walk: ✅
    Less than 30g sugar: ✅

3 min planks
    30sec forearm plank x2
    30 sec right side plank x2
    30 sec left side plank x2
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 199 Member
    Great going on the losses here. I haven’t been on much this week as I have been battling a cold. Going soon to get a Covid test just to make sure it’s just a cold. Even though I’m double vaccinated I want to be sure. I will post moser when I’m feeling better and will let you all know my results. Take care everyone
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,253 Member
    Weigh in day. Wednesday
    Username: Renaegry
    PW:160.4
    CW: 160.8
  • trooworld
    @tammymccrady6278 I hope you feel better soon and that it isn't COVID.

Hi all. Eating has been pretty good. I brought my own snacks to work yesterday and that helped keep me out of the cafe and vending machines. I'm taking today as a rest day as I have the beginnings of a headache and don't want to turn it into a migraine.

3. Stop Eating C.R.A.P. Challenge: ✘ (just a lil bit of c.r.a.p.)

• lose4me71
    lose4me71 Posts: 36 Member
    Weigh-in day: Wednesday
    Username: lose4me71
    PW: 299.1
    CW: 299.6

I guess I didn't do as well as I was in my head. :/
  • Cornanda
    @tammymccrady6278 - I hope your test is negative and that you feel better soon!

@trooworld - Yay You for bringing snacks and staying out of those vending machines! I forget, are you back at work more than before or still just a couple days a week? My husband is having to increase from 1 day a week in the office to 2-3 days a week. That's bad for me because it's easier to skip a work out or eat some extra snacks if "no one is watching" I will have to remember to do these things for me because they work!

@lose4me71 - Maybe you did do as well as you did in your head, but your body did not catch up yet? Put in another good week and see what happens. Don't use it as an excuse to go off your plan.
    And don't get disappointed in yourself- I find that's a recipe for disaster. See if you can think of some sort of non scale victory you had this week and remind yourself of it often. And share with us what it is!

Well, I don't have a lot to say, but it sure is quiet around here...... Yesterday was the anniversary dinner at our favorite Mexican place on the patio. I always get fish tacos with baked fish- that's the good. The bad is the chips and the margarita. But you only celebrate anniversaries once a year. Between this and the vacation, I'm up a couple pounds, but there are no diet traps in my future until Halloween weekend when the kids are home and we're celebrating a birthday. Looking back on last year- I did pretty well over the holidays- about a 2 pound gain. I was really looking forward to dropping into the 160s this year- if I want that to happen I have my work cut out for me!

Happy Wed!

Lisa
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 199 Member
    I’m feeling a bit better today and yea my text was negative. Just a nasty cold. You know it’s funny it’s the first time I’ve been I’ll since Covid began. I guess masks can be good. I haven’t been eating much lately but have kept the fluids up. It is a beautiful fall day here and I’m enjoying it. Thx for the well wishes. They were very much appreciated.
  • lose4me71
    lose4me71 Posts: 36 Member
    @Cornanda First of all, Happy Anniversary. Thank you for the support, I guess an NSV for this week would be me starting an exercise routine. I always say when I get off my 2nd job I'm gonna go home and exercise. I paid for an online 6o day plan and had never used it. I finally started it 2 days ago and tonight will be my day 3. I'm a little sore; but, I'm gonna stick with it.

@tammymccrady6278 I'm glad you're feeling better.
  • trooworld
    @lose4me71 I can relate to your feelings. You were expecting a loss and instead, you gained. One thing I've learned is you can't predict the scale. You just have to stay steady and let your body do its thing. Next week, you might see a whoosh and be down. This weight loss game takes a lot of patience. Hang in there, you'll get there! <3 Congratulations on starting an exercise routine...exercising can cause your body to retain water and you might show a gain because of that.

@Cornanda Thanks! I'm back 3 days a week. Yeah, I have the same problem that you do! I've been having an easier time while at home but lately, it's been a bit of snacking. It has been quiet around here. I hope you were able to enjoy your anniversary dinner, it sounds yummy! I hope it was a guilt-free experience, like you said, anniversaries are once a year!

@tammymccrady6278 That's good news. I haven't been sick since COVID either. I guess I am due lol. I'm glad you are enjoying your day, I hope you feel even better today.

Hi all. I still have the beginnings of a headache so I am taking today as another rest day. Yesterday at work, we had an unplanned party for someone that reached an accomplishment. I did fairly well but felt obligated to eat some stuff so I skipped lunch. Today, I am pre-tracked and ready for a good day.

3. Stop Eating C.R.A.P. Challenge: ✘

• GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Thursday
    PW: 131.0
    CW: 133.0
    100 days countdown-day 28:
    - diary in green 20/28
    - minimum 12k steps 20/28

Not sure what I did but my feet are bothering me for about 5 days now. I put some arch support gel inserts in my shoes and while I’m past that I-can’t-step-at-all phase, I still have a discomforting swollen and tingly sensation.
    I’m guessing that the scale maybe in this body rebellion too, so I’m going to take it easy for couple of days and maybe increase my water intake, and see how it goes.
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Username:@leonadixon
    PW 9/29:222.2
    Check in weight (10/6/2021): 222.9
    Check in weight (10/132021): 222.6
    Check in weight (10/20/2021): 222.6
    Check in weight (10/27/2021:
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 466 Member
    I got back late Tuesday night and it has been a whirlwind since then. It was nice to read through the posts and catch up with everyone, but tonight I am not going to comment, just trying to stay awake till I can go to bed at 9 o’clock😂.
    @trooworld I am so sorry that you are still struggling with your migraines, they must seem never ending!!
    My grand kiddos are coming over tomorrow afternoon for a sleepover, so I don’t know if I’m going to have anymore energy tomorrow night lol!
    Things are going well, just trying to get back on track with my exercising. I did a big workout yesterday, after sitting around for five days, yikes I am stiff! It feels good :-) :-)
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,476 Member
    I'm a few pages behind but have stuff to comment on so sorry I'm a bit behind!

@TeresaW1020 Yay, you busted out the Ninja Foodi, I can't wait to hear all you're up to with it! Congratulations on reaching your weight loss goal, woohoo! Happy anniversary, I hope you have an amazing trip!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Head's up, Where The Crawdads Sing isn't scary but it's a great book! I need some good horror movie recommendations, I need to look back at your post from the beginning of the month. I watched Halloween Kills and Saw this last week then am watching You and Squid Games on Netflix. LOL, yep, you remember those ABC after school movies, the ant one was pretty freaky, they aren't scary small and alone but huge and eating people with their pinchers is scary stuff! The tarantulas wrapping the town in cobwebs freaked me out, I used to have a severe spider phobia! Your bunny is adorable! I had to laugh about the hormonal cravings, I did great recently (breakthrough BS, I'm on Depo Provera but not one of the lucky ones whose cycle stops) then when it went by what would be my usual cycle and kept going I pulled out my ex's chocolate pie and ate a big piece. I tried a mouthful of spray whipped cream but I needed chocolate and I was in too much pain to go to the store for ice cream. What's he going to do, break up with me from eating it? Too late, LOL! I never touch other people's food without permission either and he wasn't here but I couldn't resist.

@trooworld Are the migraines better? I really feel for you with those! I told you I had exertional ones when I was younger, I'd have to take blood pressure medication before working out which seemed to help. Yours is triggered by the weather change, right? Do they stop once your body gets used to the weather? Sorry if I sound like a moron, aside of the exertional ones I've only had hormonal ones, luckily they calmed down with age for the most part. Your dinner sounds awesome, congratulations on the big loss too!

@tammymccrady6278 Some people count coffee as water! You're doing great with the diet soda, I love the stuff too. If you like tea it's the perfect weather for it, I'm back to having tea at night. I hope your cold is doing better and you're on the mend now.

@laurelfit57 Sounds like you're on track with the eating, just have to start moving to loosen those joints! I can't skip a workout anymore or I can barely move these days. Dancing has to be the most fun way to exercise, especially at a wedding with loved ones!

@Cornanda I'm so glad you had a great anniversary celebration, happy 30 years! Sounds like you're on roll and you're doing amazing!

@lose4me71 What exercise plan are you going to start? It's funny, I started out working out at home a few years ago then transitioned to the gym, with COVID I ended up at home again and now I like being home where I can sing real loud and have fun. I'd get thrown out of the gym if I acted like I do at home there!

@GabiV125 I hope your feet feel better, take it easy!

Hi gang! Sorry for being MIA, the weather has been a little rainy and gloomy and I've been a little worn down. I went to the food bank farm Tuesday for the first time in a bit and my two favorite volunteers greeted me right away so it was great to be back. I brought home a buttercup squash to try, I don't think I've ever had it but have tried a lot of winter squash and love it so I'll probably just roast it with the butternut squash I have, maybe make soup? My garden is doing well, my luffa are huge, I hope the stupid things are able to dry out with the rain we have! The vine went up a tree and the branch is hanging down with a few on it but they're still "ripe" and not ready to dry yet. Other than that my green beans and squash went a little wild and my winter veggies (greens) are doing well. I'm still working out at home every day doing chair cardio, weights, and stretching. I went through it getting Xfinity, it took 2 weeks and 5 technicians but I finally have cable AND internet! I was so excited to have the travel, science, and history channels yet I got sucked back into the Real Housewives after giving up reality TV a few years ago! At least I didn't go back to watching my soap opera! Food's going well, I made Chimchurri chicken a few days ago in the Instant Pot (Pressure Luck's Jeffrey came out with a light version cookbook last year that my aunt got me) and it came out great. My only bad recently was I met my Dad for Starbucks last weekend and we're sitting outside (drinking a light pumpkin cream cold brew) and there was a chicken wings and tenders place that must've been blowing a fan toward us, we kept sniffing and finally gave up and walked over and got some chicken tenders and fries. It reminded me of Wimpy smelling hamburgers and flying after the fumes to the restaurant. We both felt lousy afterward but it was fun in the moment. I won't be eating it again anytime soon though!

Keep doing awesome Slimpossibles!
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Hi all
    davidji82
    Weigh In Day:Friday
    PW :205.9
    CW :205.3
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 282 Member
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 260
    CW: 260
    LTD: 40
  • trooworld
    @GabiV125 I'm sorry about your feet. I hope it gets better soon.

@laurelfit57 Welcome back! The migraines DO seem never-ending, they are worse right now than they have ever been...not in intensity but in frequency. :( Enjoy the time with your grandkids!

@Katmary71 No they are not, unfortunately. I *think* mine are triggered by the weather but they have been nearly every day for 2-3 weeks now so I don't know. You do not sound like a moron! They usually go away after the weather change calms down. I don't know what is going on this time though. I love butternut squash! Soup is a great idea. I've never made butternut squash soup but I've seen a lot of recipes for it. LOL I think we all have guilty pleasure TV shows. Mine is on the Hallmark Channel, it's called "The Good Witch". ;)

@cherrymajoni Wow, great loss! Congrats on completing week 4 of C210K, incredible!

Hi all. Yesterday and today, I woke up with a headache so I am not even going to attempt to work out. :( Tomorrow, I am flying to Colorado to see my best friend for the weekend. I will weigh in before I leave. I'll be gone until Monday morning. I can't wait! We see each other once or twice a year. Colorado is beautiful and I'm looking forward to seeing it in the fall, I've never been there in the fall.

3. Stop Eating C.R.A.P. Challenge: ✅

• Cornanda
    @tammymccrady6278 - Yes, it's interesting.... I'm hearing about all sorts of people getting colds and sore throats, etc. I guess we avoided more of that during the pandemic. Glad you were neg.

@lose4me71 - thanks for the anniversary wishes! Starting an exercise routine is a great NSV! Keep at it girl! When the scale gets stuck for me, I remind myself that I'm healthier than when I started this journey because of the new habits I've created--- no matter what the scale says, that's real.

@trooworld - I hope those migraines will calm down for you soon. It sounds miserable. Sounds like you handled the work event nicely- good job! Oooh- enjoy your trip!

@laurelfit57 - welcome back!

@GabiV125 - that sounds painful. I hope your feet feel better quick.

@Katmary71 - can we all take a road trip to your place for some fresh veggies? Your garden sounds wonderful! I liked your analogy about sniffing the food like Wimpy. I've been there!

@cherrymajoni - Hey nice loss! Great work you're doing!

@TeresaW1020 - I missed saying this before you left, but I think you're back soon--- HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Hope your trip was wonderful!

Not much new with me. A bit of a gain- not surprising with all the partying I've been doing. Going to have healthy food this weekend to get back on track. I will also plan my workouts for this coming week as it helps me to get that piece done.

Happy Weekend!

Lisa

This discussion has been closed.