NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,253 Member
    Welll never got to my plan today. Moving it to tomorrow. Too ugly out to walk ( used it as an excuse). Still may get in a quick ab workout
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    renaegry wrote: »
    @TeresaW1020 Netflix right now I’m watching You but only have 2 episodes left. Riverdale. Lucifer. Going to start heartland I think. I heard Maid is good. Enjoy your trip

Well yesterday I got in a 3 mile brisk walk on treadmill and FitOn full body workout. Today will be a walk and an abs workout. Need to get some work done on my truck today. Then the afternoon need to get caught up on book work. One of our last warm days is forecasted today so will try to spend sometime outside reading. Enjoying my yard work. lol

I’ve heard heartland is great! Good luck with truck!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,781 Member
    @renaegry Reading outside sounds nice. Good luck getting all your work done!

Hi all. I had a nice workout yesterday morning with no migraine. But for half of the day, I was nauseous and dizzy from my migraine medication. It's a trade-off I'm willing to make right now. I did not eat any snacks from the vending machine or cafe yesterday (although I was tempted). Yay me.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,546 Member
    Morning all, Somehow I start to read the post, baby girl gets up and I never get back on here. Keep working on my routine. She is in my bed watching hickory dickory dock right now..LOL. No exercise so far this week and I gained that .6 back...I tell you I an on a maintenance program..LOL. We are looking at taking baby girl to the pumpkin patch this week. We are also trying to work in our yard to get some grass back into our yard. Life happens. LOL.

@trooworld We do make trade offs in everything we do I think. Glad you are finding a way to enjoy your Tonal. Yea you yes for no vending machine stuff. I wish I could say the same for me...Oreo's got me I was upset and ate about 10 of them...hence the gain. LOL

@TeresaW1020 Hope you have a great trip.

Cbabie
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,253 Member
    edited October 2021
    Having trouble getting motivated. Did get outside for a 30 min brisk walk in between my book keeping. Had Ment to do an ab workout but ended up working then my daughter had a volleyball game. By the time we got home I hit the couch and watched some episodes of heartland. Off to football practice shortly. When home at 9 plan on treadmill and will do a short ab workout. Then book work for the day. Then this evening daughter has volleyball conferences 45 min away. Eating should be okay today.

I think I will get better in a few weeks when football is done and we are on a normal schedule. Which is kids go to school at 8:30 and I workout. With getting home at 9 right now with football just pushes the morning a little late. Plus with getting up at 4:45 I’m usually pretty tired
  • trooworld
    @cbabie I'm sorry about the gain but that amount is small, you'll get it off in no time! It would be so fun to go to the pumpkin patch, especially with a toddler. Life does indeed happen! I'm glad I can use my Tonal, too. It's easy to reach for snacky-type of things when we are upset, I do that, too. Don't worry, you'll get that off.

@renaegry You sound like you are so busy, it's no wonder you are having trouble getting motivated! I also get up early, I get up at 4:00. It is very tiring.

Hello all. I did a Tonal workout yesterday as well as doing physical labor at work. I was so tired, I went to bed at 7. Today, I will be doing more physical labor at work so I'll probably be exhausted. But first, I will work out this morning.

• cbabie
    Morning all, well I didn't do my normal exercise...but hauling 35 blocks for a retaining wall and carrying pea gravel all day...I did get my workout..LOL. We are going to the pumpkin patch IF I can get everyone out of bed..LOL. I would like to go before afternoon so hopefully it won't be crowded on a Thursday...I won't go over the weekend too many people.

@renaegry. you do have a full schedule. Yes I think you will be physically able to do more when you are not on the go so much.. That is mentally and emotionally draining for me. LOL

@trooworld Yea on the Tonal workout..it's a good feeling to do physical labor I think. I think it helps us mentally.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @cbabie I'd say that was a workout! I hope you had fun at the pumpkin patch. I think you are right about physical labor helping mentally.

Hi all. I didn't work out yesterday and I won't today: I already have a headache and I know that if I worked out, it would be an explosive migraine even if I took the medicine at this point. So, another rest day. Tomorrow, I am flying to Colorado to see my best friend. I will be there until Monday morning. A quick trip, but it should be fun. We will do some shopping and eating and walking and that's about it. I may or may not check in while I'm there. I plan on taking my tablet so I probably will.

• cbabie
    The only thing I can say about my exercise is I hit my 10K steps yesterday. Eating was awful...lots of carbs and fat. LOL We had fun a the pumpkin patch. Baby girl got tired after about 1 1/2 hours..it was very sunny. She got to pick her "baby" pumpkin and see the goats, turtles, chickens, pigs, by the time we got to the hay ride, she said lets go home...so she didn't go on it. I bought her cotton candy and she wouldn't eat it. LOL. I didn't either, it's on my counter.

@trooworld Sorry you are getting these headaches..probably a smart move to take a rest day. Enjoy your weekend. I think this is the same friend who came down here not to long ago? It will be good for you to get away and yet Colorado will be chilly...LOL. My grandson sent me a picture yesterday of where he is in Anchorage..snow on the ground...NOT...He won't be seeing me there..LOL

Cbabie
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Hello! I’m back from my anniversary trip. Hubby and I had the best time. Our hotel was right on the river and super nice. We ate so much food, did a lot of shopping, sightseeing, and people watching. Then the Crowder concert was last night, and he was amazing! The whole trip was awesome, and I was super proud of myself for being able to climb the 178 step lighthouse. Posted is a pic of me at the top. 10 years ago, when we were there climbing those steps wasn’t even a consideration. But almost 90 lbs. later and in much better shape, I had to prove that I could do it. Speaking of weight, mine is wayyyy up this morning but I’m back on plan today and hopefully, most of it will flush out this week.

ycbu5xzwxzlk.jpeg
  • trooworld
    @cbabie That's great that you hit 10K yesterday, well done! I'm glad you had fun at the patch, that sounds fun. I would have been tired after 1 1/2 hours too, if not sooner lol. Yes it is the same friend. I'm so excited to see her! Yeah, I expect it to be cold, at least at night. ;)

@TeresaW1020 I'm so glad you had a good time. What a great NSV.

Hi all. Well, I gained back what I lost last week almost. :( I did end up working out yesterday, just not until about 11 a.m.. I got up at 3:00 a.m.! I need to be to the airport by 4:20 a.m. so I thought I'd better get up early and do what I have to do. Okay, I'm off to get ready for my cab to pick me up.

• gemwolf110
    Happy Saturday!!!

Got errands to run and try to get a nap in. Worked to midnight at second job after working main job. I’m wiped out after a stressful week. Hoping next week is better. Have a great weekend everyone!

~Missy~
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    Hi all I'm here. @cbabie had to come find me. Nothing much going on. Hopefully I'll be back in the swing of things tomorrow.
  • cbabie
    Morning all, It was a emotional Sunday..fought depression...but I am here. I WI and I didn't lose or gain...so I will take it as a positive. LOL. My goal is to work my arms and cardio this week. We got the wall done in our yard, now we have to get sod to lay down, but that will be next week I think.

@gemwolf110 I hope you got your nap in and your weekend was relaxing.

@trooworld It's Monday!!! LOL, I hope you had a great time with your friend. Being in CO, it might feel hot being in CA again.. :)

@TeresaW1020 You look awesome. I am so glad you had a great time. Yes you will get on track and start meeting your goals again.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever Good to "see" you. @cbabie thank you for sending the hounds. :)

@cbabie I'm sorry you were fighting depression. I hope you are feeling better now. Hugs to you. Thank you, I did have a great time! It did feel warm in CA although it wasn't too cold there, during the days, it was a high of 67/70. It was the nights that got cold.

Hello all. I am back. I had a great time. We mostly did a lot of walking, eating and shopping. I didn't buy much, just a shirt, a lightweight jacket, some earrings and a pin. I didn't sleep well there, I was sleeping on a futon. So I was glad to get home yesterday and sleep in my bed. While in CO, we drove up into the mountains. Here are some pics. It was beautiful. We don't really get the change in the seasons in Southern California, so I was mesmerized by the fall colors in the trees.

pvrcd1zvtnjq.jpg
    ubap41bxu3jj.jpg
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @trooworld I’m so glad that you had a great time in Colorado with your friend. Yes, the fall colors are beautiful. When I first moved to Georgia from Florida, I was blown away by the trees changing colors in the fall. Florida has one tree that changes colors! :D My favorite is the maple trees with their reds, oranges, and yellow leaves.

@cbabie I hope you start feeling better soon! <3

@theslightedgeforever and @gemwolf110 Hello!!! :)

Good morning! I’ve been busy getting back in the swing of life after our little getaway. My weight is slowly coming down, which is good as we are now entering the holiday season. I know that I probably won’t lose much weight, but I do plan to not go into 2022 with a big gain. Of course, that will take effort on my part with all the food events that are occurring. :# This afternoon I’m going over to my girlfriend, who is my partner with the church potlucks. We are going to talk about our Thanksgiving potluck and then in January, we are kicking off our monthly potlucks with our famous chili cookoff. Now, I’m off to work out. I restarted 80 Day Obsession yesterday. The workouts are an hour long but with my new work schedule, I think having longer workouts will be good. Once I take over the bookkeeping job, I will be able to set my own hours and work out before going into the office. :)
  • cbabie
    Morning all, yesterday was so stressful for me...I felt like I didn't have a minute that someone in my house wasn't needing my attention...yelling my name all day long...I ate terrible and went to bed exhausted. I am working on not doing that, but yesterday got the best of me. I really just wanted to read..LOL. Thank you all for the well wishes.. Luckily depression doesn't hit me as hard or as long as it used to in my younger days.

@TeresaW1020 Thank you, 80 day obession....oh my. I am excited if I get to go bike ride for 15 min. LOL

@trooworld That is beautiful...I think I have driven that in rain...LOL

Cbabie
  • gemwolf110
    Car is at the shop getting fixed for a few things. Mainly a bad oil leak. And I’m now enjoying a rum eggnog. With extra rum. I think I could have bought a beater car for the amount I’m putting into this one :neutral: but it’s only 7 years old and has 80,000 miles so it *should* last me a long time. I hope. Hope everyone is having a good week! Praying I get that interview and a phenomenal offer for the job I applied for. Weekend job kicked my butt. Feels like I could sleep all day and still not be rested.

~Missy~
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 I love those, too. Unfortunately, my friend said I was about a week late to see the purples and reds. But the yellows were still pretty! That sounds like a good goal for the rest of the year. It's really hard to lose weight during this time. Your church has a lot of fun events, don'they? That's great that you will be able to set your own hours with the bookkeeper position.

@cbabie Oh, I'm so sorry about your day. <3 I understand just wanting to unwind. I hope you get to do that today. Yeah, I've driven into Colorado in the snow and it may have been raining. It's scary driving in the mountains!

@gemwolf110 That's too bad about your car. I will be thinking good thoughts about your interview.

Hi all. I'm doing okay, I'm a bit down this morning but hopefully once I get going, that will change. I get to do something sort of fun today at work: our photographer needs a hand model to hold gems in pictures, so I am going to be the hand model! That's about it for now.

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    @cbabie Hooray for not gaining weight. Yes, teach people how you wish to be treated. Which means other than babygirl, they are adults who can figure it out. If you were dead, they would have to. So let this be training time for them. ;) My dd taught me that. She said no wonder I'm losing my mind because I was keeping all my passwords and hubby's passwords in my head. lol Plus getting up and doing whatever for him. If he is looking for something, I suddenly started looking for it to help. She got me to see that I hadn't lost anything. So why was I up searching. (In my mind, I know I can find it faster and then we can go back to both doing whatever it was we were doing) So I sat and did nothing and now he can find things and cook his own breakfast and make his own coffee. Lots of thing so I can sit and read. Now it would be good if I used this new found time for exercise.

@trooworld Glad you enjoyed your trip other than the sleep part. Your pics were beautiful. I think fall is my favorite time of the year. What's your plan for the rest of the year? Oooh, a hand model. That will be fun.

@teresaw1020 Glad you enjoyed your trip. It sounds like you have a good plan for the rest of the year. We have maple trees here. I'll post a video I took.

@gemwolf110 Car problems are the worst. But better than a big hefty car payment. What is your plan for the rest of the year?

So my plan for the rest of the year.

I've been keeping track of the times I eat to spot any patterns. I'm tracking digestive issues and esophagus issues. I'm tracking this in my MFP notes Are you eating for fuel, nutrition, pleasure, convenience, or because of a physical, environmental, or emotional trigger?

HUNGER SCALE 1-ravenous 2-starving 3-hungry 4-pangs
    FULL SCALE 5-satisfied 6-full 7-very full 8-discomfort 9-stuffed 10-sick

Start eating when I'm at about a 3 and stop eating when I'm at 5-6

I did good for a while but then the past week I feel into some kind of black hole. So now I'm back.
    I'm finally heading home on November 4. My plan is to continue doing this and not get into the headspace of I'll just start again January 1. Just take it day by day. I do better at restaurants and parties than I do at home. So that will be my focus. at home eating. Holidays are days, not weeks, or the next 2 months.

Plan my food each day. I do better that way.

Move my body. That has gone by the wayside since I got back from Houston. Start that again.