The Ring is OFF!!!

14apfigley641
14apfigley641 Posts: 30 Member
edited October 2021 in Success Stories
I'm a long way from my goal. Started at 255 and am currently 207. Goal is around 160. People have commented on my weight loss and my clothes are looser, but I still have had a hard time seeing the difference in the over 40 pounds loss. But today something amazing happened!!!

I graduated high school in 2014. All during my senior year I wore my class ring. Right at graduation I began a relationship and gained about thirty pounds within the summer. Before I knew it, the ring was stuck. I thought "no big deal, I'll watch what I eat, and it will come off soon enough."

Well, over seven years those thirty pounds turned to sixty and the ring stayed on. During my heaviest (during the spring quarantine of 2020) I was worried my finger was going to turn purple. Sometimes it even hurt.

My mom told me to go get it removed but I refused. That felt like the easy way out. It would have been embarrassing and felt as if I were giving up.

That was my turning point. I began to take my health more seriously. Its been rough and slow, as it's taken over a year to lose this bit of weight but today, just for kicks, I decided to pull at the ring.

I've done this a hundred times over the last seven years, always to end in disappointment. But today, it just took a little tug and twist and is off.

It's a better feelings than any jean size could ever be and I don't think I'll ever wear it again!!!

I'd love to hear other's small stories of success!!!!

kb1xjcgstaun.jpg
muojgxlni1p4.jpg

(The ring in the second picture is a different one)

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,040 Member
    edited October 2021
    1st of all a HUGE CONGRATS to all your accomplishments ....2nd gorgeous ring so glad you didn't go get it removed ....Very proud of you :)

As for me well I have restarted for the umpteenth time ... I am back on Keto I have lost 9 lbs since the 1st of October.... I haven't worked out since my fall on 10/4 was gonna go on our walk today but it has been pouring rain all day so will try to get out there tomorrow :)
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Congratulations... Very happy for you!!! :)
  • coblujay
    coblujay Posts: 688 Member
    Woohoo! What a fabulous visible reminder of what you have accomplished so far. :)
  • albamarie61
    albamarie61 Posts: 40 Member
    Congrats. This is inspiring.
  • BrightEyedAgain
    BrightEyedAgain Posts: 243 Member
    What a fantastic triumph!!! And every time you look at your hand, you'll remember. Yay!!
  • Jaxco
    Jaxco Posts: 4 Member
    :)
  • Littlepeeper
    Littlepeeper Posts: 56 Member
    This is fantastic! Very proud of your dedication to your health.
  • NYPhotographer2021
    NYPhotographer2021 Posts: 506 Member
    Awesome!! I'm glad it came off on it's own and you didn't have to ruin the ring to remove it! Great job!!
  • mjglantz
    mjglantz Posts: 487 Member
    What a wonderful story and it is always fun to learn what motivates someone to finally say "enough is enough!" Seems to me that your weight loss is going great and I bet you're getting lots of compliments. Keep up the good work!
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,107 Member
    For you it's 'the ring is off'. For me it's the opposite, the ring is on! I can finally wear the rings again my BF gave me over the years we've been together. The last ring he gave me, in 2014 for our 10 year anniversary, is a little too big even, I wear it on my middle finger now.
  • klbaussie
    klbaussie Posts: 24 Member
    Congratulations!!!!! I wouldn't leave it off though. The time may come when it has to be made smaller, and just think how that would feel. It is a good indication and reminder of your success!
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Congratulations! (Reading about a ring being stuck for 7 years gave me anxiety/claustrophobia!)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!