Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,493 Member
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Gina B. Latin Pop Dance Cardio, Pickleball, Heart Opening Flow Yoga, Xtend Barre Stretch.

We had a beautiful day here in BR. It was sunny and in the upper 60's.

Laurie, great workout!

I can't wait till it gets colder so Chico can wear his winter coat! LOL

I think you should enjoy your DD's company and head pampering as much as possible!

Laurel, fantastic workouts!!

Chico does look adorable with his little vest. All he needs is bowtie! LOL
    Andrea's stretching routines are just wonderful and you should try them. She does the kind of stretching I used to do in one of my favorite yoga classes at the studio. I'm so happy I tried them.

Have a great day ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,404 Member
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was ACE HiiT Vinyasa Flow Yoga & Ab Blast. This is the one with Chris Freytag as the instructor. Most of her ab work is pilates, and of course I really love her yoga even with all the Vinyasa's.

Laurel, Great job on your workouts and walk. It has been wonderful weather, can't beat fall for that aspect. I hope that is the case with your yard work and doing Meso 3. As I'm getting older the joints just don't appreciate the really heavy weights. I do see these older women lifting very heavy weights, so I may just be a wimp. Of course they may not have participated in sports like volleyball and basketball in their youth. All I know is that I'm happy when my right knee isn't the size of a cantaloupe, and so far Kelly's weight workouts have the best option for that.

Thelma, All of your workouts have a great title to them, and sounds like fun. Can't beat a sunny day, we had that yesterday also. Even though some people think it is silly to put coats on dogs, they sure do seem to like dressing up. Like Chico, Rocket doesn't have that really thick coat like a golden retriever or like our german shepherd had. He doesn't like the super cold that we get.

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,757 Member
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was ICE Chiseled Lower Body Blast doubled premix followed by XB Pilates Hit The Mat 2. And a nice walk.

Thelma, great workouts. I will definitely try Andrea’s stretching classes. I can’t thank you enough, again, for introducing us to Open Fit. I won’t do a fraction of the workouts, but what I am doing is so worth it right now. I was looking at some of the foam rolling workouts this morning, and I want to try those too. I am going to suggest something I am not quite sure about yet, but…..I am thinking about taking a week off after this rotation. Maybe even two weeks. I will probably still do some light cardio and yoga or stretching. But, honestly, I am thinking I might just want an entire week (or two) without any significant weighted or even body weighted strength moves. I haven’t taken time away from strength training for over two years (since DH and I went to Hawaii in 2019), which is kind of crazy when you think about it. And I actually want to know how I would feel. :) I have a decent draft for our next rotation, so if you want to press forward, you can. But I just wanted you to know what is playing around in my mind right now.

Laurie, I love the sound of that workout! Pilates style core work really is my favorite kind of core work. I think I am crossing a line right now in the aging process that I am resisting with all of me right now. :D I absolutely love lifting heavy. It is my favorite style of lifting. But I think I might need to re-think how often I do it. Like I was saying to Thelma, it has been over two years since I took any break from fairly strenuous strength training, and coming to the end of this 8-9 month STS rotation….I am feeling it. I am thinking I can still lift heavy, but during the recovery weeks I should probably skip any form of strength training. Luckily I don’t have a joint that swells like your knee (yet), but I also don’t want one. I don’t think you are a wimp at all for how you are approaching for workouts because they are working for you. That is the most important thing in my view. It is not worth risking a long term injury when what you are doing is effective and enjoyable. And that is what I need to get through my own stubborn head right now. :DB):#

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts today were ICE Metabolic Total Body, XB Barre and stretching.

We had another gorgeous fall day here today. It started out in the high 30's but it warmed up into the low 70's.

Laurie, great job getting a yoga practice into your rotation!

People really come up with great name for yoga practices. OpenFit has some yummy sounding names such as Zen Flow, Mindful flow, refresh and flow, etc...

DH is the one who said we should get a coat for Chico because of his thin and short coat. He didn't have to tell me that twice! I was all over that buying stuff for Chico! LOL. I want to buy him onesies pj's! LOL

Laurel, great workouts!

You are so very welcome about the OpenFit suggestion. I was really happy when I found the site because of the XB programs.

I am totally for doing two recovery weeks. Meaning no weights, no crazy Cathe cardio. I think we should do easier cardio, pilates, yoga, stretching and even band work. I feel that I need to do this kind of training on recovery weeks for my body to actually feel rested. I must be getting old! LOL
    I know this will be very hard for you to do. You may go through serious weight lifting withdrawals but you should a good recovery week.

Thanks so much for working on the next rotation.

See you tomorrow ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was 30MTF Sculpting Rx W2, totally fun metabolic workout.

Laurel, Got to love those workouts! I'm sure that you are really enjoying the chance to do the metabolic workouts during your recovery week. It was a bit hard for me to realize that I needed to do more of the total body type workouts. The first thing I noticed with not doing just strictly lower body, my calf muscle started to look more defined. I have very large calf muscles, and it was a surprise for me that they actually looked better doing less. So I guess that was something that I probably should have been doing a lot sooner, and of course my knee really appreciated it also. I have been doing this type of rotation for three weeks, and it has been very enjoyable. Love my rotation so far. :)

Thelma, Nice job with the workouts! Your weather really does sound like ours. Of course this morning it looks more like it will rain. Sure do love having these windows, the leaves are starting to change. The trees are in a small courtyard, so they appear to be more protected and taking longer to turn. Have you tried to put winter booties on Chico yet? Of course you don't get as severe cold as we do. I have to put those on Rockets paws, he can't take the really cold weather. He would go outside and start crying because his paws where frozen. Now that we have the rubber booties, he can go out without any problems. Even though he doesn't enjoy having to put them on. :D I have not seen the onesies, don't know how Rocket would feel about that.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 60 minute spin followed by that wonderful 45 minute core focused yoga class from Kristin McGee. I really enjoyed both workouts today.

Thelma, great workouts. Two weeks of recovery sounds like a wonderful plan!! We will do whatever feels good for those weeks. I am really looking forward to it, and so is my body. :) I will put the finishing touches on our next rotation over the next few weeks so that is all done before the holidays hit. I would love to see Chico is his onesie. :) That will be too cute for sure.

Laurie, great workout. One of the things I have noticed in just the five days off from upper body work is how much thinner my arms look. So I think there is something to be said about ‘less’ being better. I think my increasing fondness for yoga and my love of Pilates is also changing how I want to workout. I don’t ever want to stop using weights, but I sure could handle more yoga in my life…..which is a statement I never, ever imagined I would make!!! I am glad you are enjoying your rotation. It seems to have quite a bit of variety in types of workouts which is always good.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Jessica Smith Fat Burning Cardio and Openfit Zen Flow Yoga. I really enjoyed this yoga flow. One more Openfit program I love!

We had a mostly cloudy day with a few showers but tonight the rain finally came down with thunder and lightning.

Laurie, fantastic workout!

It sure sounds like we're having the same weather! The dogwood trees already dropped their leaves and now the poplars which leaves turn yellow. We're not seeing colors across the valley yet.
    DH tried booties on Chico but he was afraid to hurt him so gave up within a few seconds.
    Can you give me the name of those booties you Rocket please. We definitely don't get your kind of weather but we would like for Chico to wear booties. I was just looking at them on Amazon as a matter of fact!

I started to look at the onesies but gave after reading the bad reviews for some of them. I'll keep looking though because I know he'd let us put it on him.

Laurel, great workouts!! I really think our bodies will totally appreciate those two recovery weeks.
    I still haven't selected a onesie for Chico but hope to soon!

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was 30MTF Step Boxing #2. Temps in the low 30's this morning, so it is really time to start the layering. DH has requested an apple pie, so I will be doing some baking again this weekend.

Laurel, Great job with the workouts. I don't blame you for needing the yoga in your life. I am going to make sure that I get more into my rotation from now on also. If I put it into the middle of the week, like I did this week, then I will do it. If I wait for the weekend, it doesn't seem to be as attractive to do. Go figure. Like you said before, the pilates really works the core. I like mixing the heavy and light weights during my week, and I think that is why I like Kelly's workouts. She seems to incorporate at least one heavy and a light on her DVD's.

Thelma, Love the workouts! We had the thunder and lightening yesterday evening. So I guess that you can look forward to the really cold that we had this morning, if everything stays in pattern. :D The botties that we get for Rocket are the PAWZ. They can be a little difficult to put on, but they don't fall off. I always insert my finger and thumb into the bootie, and then place Rockets paw in between. The bootie usually slips on fairly well after that. It is better if the dogs nails are not super long also.

Have a wonderful weekend,
    Laurie

• StiringWendel
    edited October 2021
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Cathe Live Legs Express-Moderate Weight followed by Cathe’s live class from yesterday which was Cardio Kickboxing and Core. She used her Pilates/playground ball for the core work, and it was very good. I hope she does more workouts using that little ball. I got my ball when I bought Jessica Smith’s Walk Strong 3 and never have gotten much use out of it. But Cathe in two of her recent Live workouts is proving it to be a pretty useful workout tool.

Thelma, great workouts. I am going to have to try the Open Fit yoga. It sounds like there might be a little more variety in styles than Peloton has. We had the same rain, thunder and lightening last night. It came down in buckets! But today is clear though significantly cooler….which I like.

Laurie, great workout. I love the idea of mixing heavy and light strength workouts into each week. So I have a question. When Cathe does ‘light’ workouts, she reps the heck out of them. The first ‘Live’ workout I ever did with Cathe started out with dumbbell presses using 15# but she did either 40 or 48 reps with them….and did that for two sets. Now I know that is great for endurance but, honestly, I find that kind of high reps not to my liking. Give me 30# dumbbells and 15 reps, and I am much happier. Or give me more compound or metabolic moves and I am happy. But doing static single muscle moves for 30-50 reps makes me want to poke my eyes out. :# So my question is….how does Kelly program her lighter workouts? Enjoy your apple pie!!!

Have a good weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a great weekend. Ours was busy but good. We went to a flock swap event and found homes for our roosters. Thank God! A lady who took one of our roosters is going to give us a couple of her young hens which is great. We'll have to quarantine them for 30 days to make sure they are not sick. One of the chickens will lay dark brown eggs and the other one blue eggs.

My workouts on Friday were S&S PHA Basic Premix, core and stretching.
    My workout on Sunday was STS Disc 32 - Plyo Legs and stretching. I just love these plyo workouts!

Laurie, great workout on Friday! I love apple pie!

We actually warmed up at night and we've been in the low 40's and 50's at night. Saturday started out cool but it turned into a beautiful sunny day with temps in the low 70's. Perfect for the flow swap which happens outdoors.

Thanks for the name of Rocket's booties! Those things look like balloons! The guy on the video makes it look so easy! I think these will be easier for Chico to get used to. Now I just need DH to help me measure his paws!

Laurel, great workouts! I'm so glad you liked the yoga ball being used in core work! Those balls are really are good tools!

I hope you'll find OpenFit yoga classes you like. They have levels 1, 2 & 3 and some classes don't have levels. I love the stretchy type of classes and they have plenty of those.
    Sounds like you also had the same storm we had last week. There are chances of rain on Tuesday.

Have a wonderful week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Had a really great weekend, but the rain started yesterday and hasn't stopped. This isn't a light rain either. My workouts this weekend where a long walk with Rocket on Saturday, and Sunday I did Yoga Flow with Chris Freytag. I surprised myself with that one. This morning was 30MTF Build & Burn Cardio Core, sure do love that workout.

Laurel, Great job on the workouts, and getting to use your exercise ball. When Kelly does her heavy workout, she usually has three sets of weights. For her other light weight workouts, she doesn't go higher than 12lb's and the reps are around 16. Her metabolic type workouts, are no higher than 7lbs, and even with those she doesn't rep the heck out of you. It probably is because she is limiting herself to the 30 min. timeslot, so she can't go crazy on the reps. I still feel like I get a good workout with those lighter, probably because she moves into a different exercise so quickly. So that is probably where she is getting her higher reps in. But you are working the muscle in a different way. Hope I explained that okay. I did make the pie, and DH was sooooo happy. :D

Thelma, Nice that you will be able to swap your roosters for some hens. Love the workouts! We had frost on the ground when I woke up on Sunday, it was almost like we had snow. Glad to hear that your area warmed up a little. Chico will probably walk a little funny at first, but it shouldn't be for long. Rocket walks with those booties like there isn't anything on them.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I hope you enjoyed the weekend. Ours was a blend of errands and chores, but at least we were able to get out for walks to enjoy the beautiful weather. The weather changed overnight and today is rainy and gloomy, but the weekend was beautiful. For workouts, on Saturday I did Jessica Smith’s Cardio Ball Ballet workout followed by 45 minutes of yoga flow. Yesterday was a 30 minute spin right into STS Disc 32/Plyo Legs and 10 minutes of Peloton core. Today was STS Disc 31/Chest and Back followed by RWH Low Impact HiiT and Bonus Abs 2. While I still feel the tendonitis in my forearm, the week off from upper body workouts worked wonders for my arms. I felt so strong today. :)

Thelma, great workouts. I am so glad you found a home for your roosters and will have new hens. Fingers crossed they are in good health. I agree about this week’s Plyo leg workout. I really enjoyed this one.

Laurie, great workouts this weekend. A walk and some good yoga sounds like a perfect weekend plan. Thank you so much for the information in Kelly and how she does her heavy vs. lighter workouts. I really like the sound of her lighter workouts. Quick transitions work far better for me than endless reps. :) I am glad you made….and enjoyed….the pie!!!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my lower back was a little stiff today so I had did a Jessica Smith power walk workout, XT Barre and stretching.

We had a little rain today and it was a little on the cool side. Tonight though, the wind kicked in and temps dropped. Tomorrow will be our coldest day so far. Temps will be in the lower 40's in the morning and in the lower 50's in the afternoon.
    Cold temps just on time for the yoga class with my friends where we have to walk about 1/2 a block to the studio. We will also walk about two blocks to a restaurant for lunch after class!

Laurie, I'm glad you had a great weekend too bad about the rain though.
    Great workouts!

I can't believe you had frost already! I imagine that is normal for your neck of the woods though.
    I hope Chico gets used to the booties like Rocket did. The issue will be DH putting them on him. He gave up quite easily with the booties I'd bought Chico because he was afraid to hurt him. I think he will feel more comfortable putting these ones on Chico. I can't wait to see him walking funny! LOL

Laurel, errands and chores seem to be the story of our lives! LOL
    Great workouts! I'm glad you enjoyed the plyo legs workout too!

Thanks for keeping your fingers crossed so that our new hens are healthy.

Have a good day!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Apparently our furnace isn't working again. We had the repair guy out on Sunday, and it was working after that. I sure hope we don't need a new furnace, of course this one is about 25 years old.

This morning's workout was 30MTF Build & Burn Upper Body Supersets. I always think that this one is to easy. Well I guess it is if you don't use heavy enough weights. This morning I upped the weight, and my upper body is toasted. I'm trying to make sure that I put down notes, and realized that she starts off with the smaller muscle groups, and ends with the largest. I never noticed that before.

Laurel, Your weekend sounds great also. Our rain finally ended in the afternoon, and the wind was fierce. Seems I never have the right jacket for the weather lately. Awesome job on all your workouts, and glad to hear that you are feeling great heading into the heavier workouts. If you every need a recommendation on one of her workouts, just let me know. Of course 2Lazy4Gym has some great reviews on all of Kelly's workouts too.

Thelma, Nice job on your workouts! Sounds like it will be a bit chilly getting to and from your yoga class. I hope it all goes well, and you and your friends have a great class. Rocket has done the yip thing when I get is toenail caught, but I have learned it is just his way of telling me that it is caught. Like I said he doesn't like putting them on, but loves the fact that his feet are not cold afterward. I think the important thing is to keep the nails from lifting so they don't get caught on the rubber. If just takes practice. Oh the walking funny is so cute, and makes you giggle for sure.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I did a mess of workouts today. Let me see if I remember all of them. :o I did a 45 minute HiiT and Hills ride with Peloton that was sandwiched between a warm up ride and cool down ride and finished with a stretch. Then I did Xtend Barre Legs 1 followed by Xtend Barre Pilates Express Core. And I finished it with a 10 minute yoga session focused on hamstrings. It was all good today. :)

Thelma, great workouts, though I am sorry to hear your back was sore. We are supposed to get some cold temperatures through this weekend with highs in the low 50s, but you are definitely colder than us right now. We still have 60s today and 70s forecasted for tomorrow. I hope all goes well with the yoga class and you stay warm!

Laurie, I am sorry to hear about the furnace. That is definitely not something you want to go out this time of year! I hope they can repair it. Great workout this morning. Sometimes just a few extra pounds can make all of the difference in workouts. Thank you for offering to help me with some Kelly workouts. I think what I might try to do over the next two months or so is keep track of what workouts I enjoy, why and which ones I spent the entire time wishing were over. :D I know all of that varies on any given day, but I really want to build a program going forward that puts most of the emphasis on doing things I enjoy. And truth be told, I enjoy most of my workouts still. But I know if I want a program with more lighter weighted workouts, I am going to have to move away from Cathe. So I may need that help!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, neither my workouts or my afternoon didn't go as planned today. The yoga class was fantastic. We all loved it and will most likely start going to classes there. It was great for our little group to be together again. We sat with the owner and the instructor after class to talk about what kinds of classes we'd like to see added to their schedule. The current studio is a temporary location and she is hoping to rent another building which is actually closer to my house.
    Lunch was great too. The walk to the restaurant wasn't bad at all but it was 4 blocks. Not city size blocks though.

When I got home at 1:30 DH was all stressed out about a problem at work that was affecting a lot of users. He was supposed to take our cat to the vet for a 2:30 appointment. At 1:45 he asked me to take her. My gas tank was on fumes! I'd never been to the vet's clinic before today. My car's GPS wasn't working. I heard that a lot of internet domains were down today so may have been the issue I was experiencing. DH plugged the address in for me and hit START. I thought it was strange that the GPS wasn't talking to me and that the map was weird. God only knows where that thing was taking me to but it wasn't to the vet. I eventually did google map the address on my phone and got there on time. Our cat may have diabetes and a UIT. She isn't acting at all like she has either of those things though. she got antibiotics and over the weekend I'll be doing a glucose curve; which means measuring her glucose every 2 hours for 8 hours.

Before I left the house to go to the vet I realized I'd left my credit card at the restaurant. As soon as I brought the cat home I went back to downtown BR and had to park far from the restaurant because this place is full of tourists. I finally got home at almost 4:30. It was an exhausting afternoon!

All the relaxation from the beautiful yoga practice disappeared in the afternoon!

So my workouts for today were yoga and a lot of walking! Temps were chilly but not as cold as I thought it would be.

Laurie, I'm sorry about your furnace! Hopefully it won't break again. I'm glad you found a repairman on Sunday!

Great workout and great observation on how Kelly goes from the smaller to largest muscles during this workout. I like that!

Thanks for those tips on the booties. I definitely want to get them for Chico but since he is daddy's little boy, I want DH to read about them first. It's been a busy work week for him so I'll remind him over the weekend.

Laurel, fantastic workouts!

My back felt great today! Maybe the chiropractic treatments I started last week are helping. Our temps are dropping into the low 40's tonight. I'm going to our friends' for target practice in the morning. I am wearing long johns under my pants which I never really did use in MA!

Have a great day!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Our furnace is repaired. Apparently there was a loose gas indicator, so the repair guy had to tighten that up and it appears to be okay. I did have to go home in the afternoon, because DH wanted to get to the garage to work on the engine of the convertible. I didn't mind at all leaving work to sit at home. I did have to leave Rocket outside, because he kept barking at the guy. He didn't charge us anything for this visit.

This morning's workout was 30MTF Build & Burn Lower Body Tabata.

Laurel, Love the mix of workouts! I think that is a smart way to go through your workouts. I'm at that point that I don't want to do workout that give me that "I really don't want to workout" vibe. This morning's workout is how I enjoy doing lower body. Not focused all on the weights, but the cardio portions are not crazy either. They are mostly low impact, but you can feel it working your legs. When I'm able to try a workout that is a longer in length (like Cathe does), I need to make sure that I do the workout the way my body wants me to.

Thelma, So glad that you enjoyed your class and lunch. Oh my on your adventure with the cat appointment and your credit card. It sounds like you had a very crazy afternoon. So much different than what I had to go through. I hope that all goes well with your cat, and there is no diabetes.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 39/Squat Rack Legs, Cathe Live Cardio Core Bootcamp and a really good 15 minute mobility stretch from Open Fit. I also went for a nice walk. We have high wind warnings going into effect tonight and rain/cold temperatures for the next few days, so the fresh air and sunshine were nice today.

Thelma, I am so glad you enjoyed the yoga, but your afternoon doesn’t sound like it was fun at all. I hope your kitty is okay and she doesn’t have diabetes. I am glad to hear your back is feeling better. My DH swears by his chiropractor that’s for sure.

Laurie, yay for the fixed furnace! And no charge is great too. I love the sound of your morning workout. Like you, I am at that point in life where I just want to do workouts I enjoy. Some days I still love nothing better than a really tough workout, but most days I just want to know I did something beneficial. If that can also be fun…..all the better.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were a Peloton ride and STS Disc 31 Chest and Back, stretching.

It got cold last night the temperature was 37 when I woke up. It eventually warmed up into the high 60's and possible low 70's. Now we're expecting rain on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. We are also under high wind warnings for Thursday. Just on time for us to go pick up our new chickens tomorrow!

Thank you both for the well wishes for my kitty.

Laurie, great workout! I am so glad your furnace is fixed and working properly.

Laurel, great workouts! I'm glad you found an Open Fit stretch and mobility routine!
    I'm glad your DH has found a good chiropractor there!

We also received that wind warning.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was 30MTF Build & Burn Kettle Bell Kickbox Fusion. I used my egg weights for the kickboxing portion. It was easy to move from them to the kettlebell, she had a 10 sec rest between them. One of the reasons I really love those egg weights also.

Laurel, Nice workouts! Doesn't sound like fun weather ahead for you. Our skies are dark right now also, so the rain is coming. It was just misting when I was driving to work. One of the things I have been putting notes in my workbook on how I feel the next day. In some instances, if I have a hard time sleeping or my joints are so sore in the morning that I can't walk, then I will ask the question "Do I want to keep it or not". I'm going to give those workouts another shot, but take them down to lower impact moves. No fun getting up in the morning and shuffling to the bathroom because my knees hurt to much. :D

Thelma, Awesome job on the workouts! Wow talk about similar weather we are having. Do you have to keep these chickens separated from your group for a time, or can they be put together right away? Hope those winds are not to bad for you.

Have a great day!
    Laurie