Chest Press
    Landmine Bent Over Row (V Bar)
    Dbell Flys
    Rope Sweeps (Lats)
    Close Grip Bench
    Seated Grip in Row
    Skull Crushers & Press

45s
    Flutter Kicks/ Crunches/ Supine Bike/ Choppers / Obliques/ Rev Crunches/ Hip Lifts/ Twists
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Gym last night at PF. Same routine as normal -- 8 sets of chest, legs, shoulders (compound movements), mixed in some abs and back extensions. Ended with around 8 minutes of Stairmaster at a pretty rapid clip.

Was just turning last night to walk down the steps and had a sharp pain in my right knee. It was sore, but just a bit, when I woke up. That's my knee that I was told 15 years ago needed a total knee replacement and normally doesn't hurt me, so that's something I'll monitor pretty closely. Hoping to put off replacement as long as possible.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    7-8 am:
    Warm-Up
    Elliptical - 1mile (8m)

Strength, Flexibility, Balance & Mobility
    Yoga - (10-30m)

Mind
    Meditate (10m)
  • dethstar77
    dethstar77 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Ran 7 miles today early AM and it rained - it was awesome!
  • MikePfirrman
    10K before lunch. Had another contractor over to give me a bid and had to cut it a bit short.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,091 Member
    A stressful day today: a morning of work meetings followed by a two hour job interview with case study in the afternoon, with barely time for lunch.
    I planned to do a long run before dinner, but my lack of food intake or perhaps general fatigue probably got to me.

So I ran 6.5km in 48:36 with two walking breaks.
    And then, to compensate for the shorter run, 1947m on the Concept 2 in 10min.
    That's me wiped out for today!
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Yesterday was a rest day (by choice) and today turned into a rest because of storms most of the mirning.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,935 Member
    6.8k in 3-seat of the quad. (I like being in the engine room: yay!) We got some decent splits, for our average age (around 60-61) at steady state (i.e., sustainable easilyfor the duration of each piece, which are about 1/3 the total distance, 1/2 the distance, 1/6 the distance, rounded (or thereabouts) - we go continuous dock upstream to bridge, take a short water break at the spin, go continuous down to the other bridge, another spin/water break, back to dock.).

5.09 mile walk after, still in 50F-ish temp, and in Fall gloom with what I'd call . . . large grain humidity, I guess? Mist? Dunno. 3.4mph moving average, regardless.
  • Arc2Arc
    Arc2Arc Posts: 484 Member
    Resistance training focused on core, glutes and legs along with some upper body sets as preparation for the coming ski season (yay). Then 30 minutes on the Stairmaster.
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Day 36 of EPIC - back & bicep dumbbell workout. I increased weights today so I'm feeling it this evening.
  • mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 523 Member
    edited October 2021
    Knocked out hump day workout 1st thing in the morning. Have been nursing a sore left glute. I did the whole let me try ok 5 mins… 1 mile… and when it ended I was above 5 miles

wjac1n2p1xg7.jpeg

Will see how the glute feels this afternoon.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    7-8 am:
    Warm-Up
    Elliptical - 1mile (8m)

Strength, Flexibility, Balance & Mobility
    Yoga - (10m)

Conditioning
    Jumprope - (15m)

Mind
    Meditate (10m)
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Gym session this morning was similar to Tuesday: Balance, core, stability, some weight work. Between rounds, we rand up & back down a flight of stairs 5 times.

I could run up the stairs fine, but my left hamstring didn't like coming down the stairs, so I opted for a minute on the assault bike between rounds.
  • CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,594 Member
    Today was supposed to be a rest day because of appointments but I made it to a yoga class this morning 😊
  • dethstar77
    dethstar77 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Boot camp in the early AM. Evening badminton.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,091 Member
    Today I ran 5km in 37:10, much easier than yesterday's run, fortunately.
    Interesting to see that Runalyze never gives me more than 24hrs of recovery time after my runs. But it also projects ridiculously fast race times, so not sure how reliable it all is.
  • nickj_89
    nickj_89 Posts: 6 Member
    Judo class tonight! I'm finally feeling 100% after my strongman contest this past Saturday and I'm looking forward to getting back to work.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 978 Member
    I am back from Norwich again. I was reasonably active there, but missed climbing. Mum's biopsy was negative, fortunately.

I went for a climb this evening. It was good, I got around 6 of the ones graded at 6a/6b. It was a pretty short session - about 70 minutes. I gave a lift to a mate who is more out of practice than me, and got pumped.
  • MikePfirrman
    edited October 2021
    7600m on the rower today. Had planned 12, but the right fingers were very sore, like a bone bruise. When you row, you hook four fingers (not the thumb) around the handle. It does take a bit of getting used to and normally this is not an issue for me but today, for whatever reason, it was painful so I just called it a day.

You have to know when to listen to your body and tomorrow is a hard lift and row. Not as much volume rowing, so it shouldn't bother the hand as much and then I take Saturdays as my rest day.

I'll tape the fingers that are sore next week if necessary. Not a fan of gloves while rowing. They just get sweaty and nasty.