Serial Starters

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member
    ogxpepixch1x.jpeg
    *** October 21 ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - so glad to hear that you are OK. Big hugs 🤗

I've got to scoot. HVAC man will be here in 45 minutes to do the usual fall preventative maintenance.

Lana

263.2 today
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Holy carpity, y'all.

We had a tailgate party at work today. If you missed the announcement, I am now on the team that produces employee events.

I have been on my feet since 7 am and have clocked 14,653 steps today. I'm tired.

Do the best you can in your situation.

Tracy in Tennessee
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,325 Member
    Good evening.

Tracy - events at work are important as it keeps morale up (HINT to my employer = ahem ahem) and 14k I would walk straight to bed. Good work!!

I will go next Wednesday and pick up a blood pressure machine from clinic - I decided that it probably sends the info to the clinic (better that than the weight scale --- so I am lucky).

Rain for the next 5 days which is so badly needed no body is complaining about it.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • Jamie2663
    Jamie2663 Posts: 779 Member
    Jamie2663 wrote: »
    This weekend went okay. Few not perfect moments but I don't strive for perfect :)

I am going to try and do better about planning meals this week. I don't do well planning ahead for the whole week but going to try for the day before instead of staring into my fridge trying to decide what to make.

Hey Jamie,

I have got a crazy question for you: you look SO much like someone who I follow on TikTok who has horses. Is that you?

As for the meal planning, for years it drove me crazy.
    Then I wrote out a weekly "Idea List" that I use for help:

Monday is pork tenderloin or chops (something cheap); Tuesday is cheap shrimp or close to it; Wednesday is Italian/Greek; Thursday is chicken leftovers?; Friday is beef (lean, healthy); Saturday is Salmon Day; Sunday is Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

Fill up the fridge and freezer with some fruits and lots of vegetables, and you are good to go!

Oh my gosh I just saw this! No it's not me :)
  • LanaCabana537
    3cmabqagnvza.jpeg
    *** October 22 ***

Good morning all~~

Tracy - glad that your company has the good sense to have these events for the employees! I bet you were worn out~~Whew!

Sara - I hope that the BP machine is helpful for you. Congratulations on that rain!!

A big hello to Jamie, and waves to all who stop by later on 👋🏻

Lana

263.2 today
  • LanaCabana537
    syhcc9o7a60l.jpeg
    *** October 23 ***

Happy Saturday Y'all~~

I hope that everyone enjoys their day today~

BBL

Lana
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,334 Member
    Happy Saturday!!!

Got errands to run and try to get a nap in. Worked to midnight at second job after working main job. I’m wiped out after a stressful week. Hoping next week is better. Have a great weekend everyone!

~Missy~
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon.

Went for a 9:30 apt only to find out it was at 10:30 but the 9:30 cancelled so I got lucky. Took cookies (packaged) someone gave me with and we had them with coffee.

Got ALL my meds today so that was a pleasant surprise considering the hoops I had to go through.

Today is the dry day to get my steps in I have 3k and will add to that.

Eggs are on the menu this week in the form of a quiche (hopefully spinach) and omelets until I go shopping Wednesday.

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    lz4g4yykv30w.jpeg
    *** October 24th ***

Good morning all ☀️

Missy - do you get today off? I hope so!

Sara - Mmmm......quiche!

Today is a cooking day for me. Maybe a short walk too. I would like to rally all of the women who live in my head to get re-motivated for some healthier eating and some weight loss. I'd like to weigh less for a January vacation I am dreaming about.... 👙🌴

*waving at Philippe for more coffee*

Lana

263.2 today
    271.2 highest
    251.0 🦃 goal
  • gemwolf110
    edited October 2021
    Morning nope worked the to midnight shift again. Yuck. Hours stink but it’s peaceful and I get to listen to my music. Please send Philippe over here with some strong coffee. Dogs did let me sleep to 7 am this morning instead of the usual 6 am on the weekends.
    I need to rally my women too. I did make a quiche a few days ago. Have to make another one. Found this Frittata blend of diced up onions and red, yellow and green peppers which is perfect for quiche at Stop & Shop, also put in 2 links of Vegetarian Italian Sausage, came out great and used Sara’s cooking temp and time. (Thanks Sara!) it’s my favorite breakfast food because it’s easy and filling.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

No church today as the wind/rain is too strong and local flooding. So zoom comes to the rescue.

Heartburn is making me rethink dinner- I eat too late, so I went searching for premade recipes and found breakfast recipes- I cannot go out to shop today so I am using Pita bread instead 0- breakfast pita sandwiches 3 with refried beans (0 fat) cheese and scrambled eggs and 3 with Canadian Bacon instead of refried beans. So there is my easy week for dinners - eat before I sleep. Found it is still cheaper to make.

Day inside will be chores and reading and maybe even a nap.

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    gkbpls0a3ft1.jpeg
    *** October 25 ***

Good morning all~~

What a terrible night's sleep. Nose was all stuffy, and I couldn't breathe, and I had weird dreams.....

Only one lady is signed up to walk with me today. I hope that she doesn't want to talk too much. I like the peace and quiet of walking alone, but the truth is I don't get out there unless I'm walking with somebody.

Missy - catch some rest when you can~

Sara - I hope you keep your power on; my sister lost hers for most of the day yesterday, but it's back on now.

Waves to anyone who pops in later on 👋🏻

Lana

261.6 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Wednesday will be making Teriyaki chicken and rice with broccoli and spaghetti that I can freeze. Also tortillas to make breakfast burritos.

Rain may have broken an 1888 record. Dry for rest of week which is appreciated.

Power was not a problem yesterday I would have just curled up and slept.

Weigh in today is 4 pounds from my highest last month. Small steps and still on the road.

• LanaCabana537
    edited October 2021
    shfrienyjz5d.jpeg
    *** October 26 ***

Sara - Congratulations on your good weigh in! 🎉🎉🎉 Keep it up!
    That is something about the rain record!

Waves to Tracy and Missy and Nikki and Roz and Lynn 👋🏻
    Lynn may have run off with one of the Cabana Boys....I think it was that Norwegian devil, Bjorn!

*tossing floppy hat and beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

262.6 today

• gemwolf110
    Car is at the shop getting fixed for a few things. Mainly a bad oil leak. And I’m now enjoying a rum eggnog. With extra rum. I think I could have bought a beater car for the amount I’m putting into this one :neutral: but it’s only 7 years old and has 80,000 miles so it *should* last me a long time. I hope. Hope everyone is having a good week! Praying I get that interview and a phenomenal offer for the job I applied for.

~Missy~
  • LanaCabana537
    n69bju284prg.jpeg
    *** October 27th ***

Missy - what a bummer about the car. When will you know if you have the job interview? Keep us posted! Sending you good vibes ✨

Sara - do you have today off?

*waving to Cabana Boy for more coffee*

Lana

262.0 today
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Good afternoon, Cabana Crew!

Running through to say glad to see everyone is still here and (relatively) unscathed.

Play is going well. Our director is very excited about our progress.

Travel begins in November 8! Went for my TSA Precheck qualification today. Hope to have that finalized before I leave.

Do the best you can in your situation.

Tracy in Tennessee
  • gemwolf110
    n69bju284prg.jpeg
    *** October 27th ***

Missy - what a bummer about the car. When will you know if you have the job interview? Keep us posted! Sending you good vibes ✨

Sara - do you have today off?

*waving to Cabana Boy for more coffee*

Lana

262.0 today

So far it just says submitted, hasn’t been reviewed yet. It could open so many doors if I get it. Would make it more possible to go to grad school next fall.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Tuesday night - dropped off planet and passed out.

Went to clinic to get a blood pressure machine. I was wondering if it was connected to the computer system at the clinic which got me worried, then I was glad it wasnt the scale!!! But no, it is just to make good habits.

The clinic asked if I had a change of smell, I thawed out chicken to make Teriyaki chicken and it did not smell right and I was thinking if my smell was off- nope the Canadian Bacon smelled okay. So instead I made 5 egg/cheese/candian bacon burritos.

Lynn's knee probably got better and she had not had time to sit down!

• LanaCabana537
    kdqicfr0ikj0.jpeg
    *** October 28th ***

Good morning all~~

This morning I must take the car in for its oil change and check up and cleaning.

BBL

Lana