Can you keep it going asking ONLY QUESTIONS?

Replies

• NVintage
    NVintage Posts: 1,463 Member
    Doesn't this look fun?
    kntwg9kirety.png
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,125 Member
    edited October 2021
    cmsienk wrote: »
    Frank, are you on your way to yoga? Since it's exactly the same temperature this morning as it was last night, didn't I decide on a walk this morning (instead of swimming)?
    Since my gym closed two swim lanes due to concerns about a roof leak, and since that makes it harder to get a swim lane all to myself for the time I want, didn't I opt to cancel my yoga class and instead swam at another gym location at 4:30 this morning? Aren't I only now settling in for a coffee and a few Almondina Choconut biscuits?
  • frankwbrown
    NVintage wrote: »
    Doesn't this look fun?
    kntwg9kirety.png
    Is this the "kid pose"?
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,414 Member
    Frank, are you on your way to yoga? Since it's exactly the same temperature this morning as it was last night, didn't I decide on a walk this morning (instead of swimming)?
    Since my gym closed two swim lanes due to concerns about a roof leak, and since that makes it harder to get a swim lane all to myself for the time I want, didn't I opt to cancel my yoga class and instead swam at another gym location at 4:30 this morning? Aren't I only now settling in for a coffee and a few Almondina Choconut biscuits?

4:30am?? Are you super dedicated or just plain crazy? 😝
  • frankwbrown
    Doesn't the fact that I got up and 3:30 to do this answer your question? 🤪
    And doesn't it also mean I will undoubtedly take a nap at some point today? 🥱
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,643 Member
    Aren't I back from my 2 1/2 mile walk now?
    Didn't I walk to the Disney Boardwalk and think about getting a pot of coffee and sit down to do some people watching? Didn't the fact that the coffee was $9 and it started to rain help my decision to come back and have coffee in my room?
  • cmsienk
    Doesn't the fact that I got up and 3:30 to do this answer your question? 🤪
    And doesn't it also mean I will undoubtedly take a nap at some point today? 🥱

Doesn't it though? 😅 And won't you deserve that nap?
  • frankwbrown
    Aren't I looking forward to that nap, but so far, isn't my coffee doing the trick?
    Aren't early morning walks the best?
    (By best, don't I mean, they're better than hot afternoon walks, not that they're necessarily the best in comparison to coffee, treats and a myriad of other activities?) 😂
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,883 Member
    Also, are you surprised and pleased for me that I don't have to show up for work tomorrow until 11am?

Would you rather have your situation where you show up late and leave on time, or my situation today where I show up on time but get to leave early to start a 3-day weekend?
  • srazamora
    srazamora Posts: 4,080 Member
    What’s the occasion? Do you guys get Monday off in observance of Halloween or something??
  • srazamora
    srazamora Posts: 4,080 Member
    Am I gonna be disappointed if you end up picking “or something” again, @nossmf ? :D
  • nossmf
    "Or something...?"

While the idea of getting Monday off after Halloween is appealing, wouldn't you know this has more to do with having worked an unscheduled shift this past weekend so the boss told me to take this Friday off?
  • cmsienk
    nossmf wrote: »
    Also, are you surprised and pleased for me that I don't have to show up for work tomorrow until 11am?

Would you rather have your situation where you show up late and leave on time, or my situation today where I show up on time but get to leave early to start a 3-day weekend?

You know what, given the choice between those two, wouldn't I rather get to leave early and start a 3-day weekend? Having said that, aren't I just as satisfied with my upcoming work schedule? Don't I fly home from this job tomorrow, have the weekend off, work Monday and then have the rest of the week off?
  • bekim123
    bekim123 Posts: 391 Member
    Am I taking tomorrow off for a three day weekend or just because I have to burn up some vacation time before the end of the year?
  • nossmf
    What would you say if you knew my coworker who hadn't taken a day of vacation in five years and was told by our boss to take a month off?
  • cmsienk
    Does your coworker at least get to pick which month?
  • frankwbrown
    Would you believe I once worked on a year long (plus some) project on which I earned comp time rather than got paid overtime? Didn't I put in so many long workweeks that I hit the limit on accumulated vacation time and began cashing it out, because any days off (which were few) was deducted from comp time first? Wasn't I supposed to take my comp time within a certain period, but couldn't, so began getting paid for some of that as well? Wasn't one end result of that project that for years afterward, I was in a "use or lose" situation with vacation time, having to continually take vacation days to avoid losing them?
  • frankwbrown
    Isn't nostalgia a wonderful thing? Wasn't I just reminded of when my brothers and I would spend two weeks every summer with an aunt and uncle in Los Gatos, California? And didn't that "vacation" always include at least one trip to Santa Cruz/Capitola where we would play on the beach and our aunt would buy fresh rock cod at the wharf? And didn't we that evening have a fantastic rock cod dinner? Wasn't that infinitely better than the fish sticks we were more accustomed to having?
  • cmsienk
    Doesn't that sound like a nice memory?
  • frankwbrown
    Might I thank you for reminding me?