Also wanted to post a recipe for Air-Fryer Jicama Fries, it is excellent:

Jicama Fries (serves 4):
    1.5 pound(s) Uncooked jicama peeled
    4 spray(s) Cooking spray
    0.75 tsp Kosher salt
    0.75 tsp Garlic powder
    0.75 tsp Smoked paprika
    0.25 tsp Cayenne pepper

Cut jicama into ½-inch-thick slices. Cut slices into thin strips, ⅓- to ½-inch thick. In a large bowl, coat jicama with nonstick spray. Sprinkle jicama with salt, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and cayenne pepper; toss well to coat.

Preheat an air fryer, if necessary, to 375°F. Lightly coat air fryer basket with nonstick spray. Arrange jicama in basket. Air-fry at 375°F until browned and crisp on the edges, 22 to 25 minutes, pausing to shake basket every 7 or 8 minutes.

Serving size: about ¾ cup
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,511 Member
    Hi MS's ...You have a new member joining you soon ....Please welcome @Marcie9278 :)
  • stanlfink
    stanlfink Posts: 267 Member
    I’m Stan and I have been assigned to this group. Looking forward to making progress and hearing about others success
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    I'd like to let everyone know that the wonderful Teresa Wilson @TeresaW1020 is stepping down as Moderator after a wonderful term of service. She has kept the home page looking great, made sure we run all kinds of great challenges, fixed up our graphics, and kept the habit tracker going, among many other things. We will miss her as Moderator, but she will still be Captain of Team Mission Slimpossible and invaluable member of our community. Thanks Teresa! It has been a pleasure working with you :heart:
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 466 Member
    @trooworld wow those recipes look fabulous!! I did try the air fryer fajitas tonight, I even use the recipe for the fajita seasoning, it was all delicious!!! I will definitely be adding more of those into my meals, I was seriously getting bored. I have never heard of Jicama, I will take a look around and see if they have them here.
    I feel like you have been dealing with migraines almost since you got your Tonal, Just surviving the day dealing with a migraine is more than enough!

Welcome @stanlfink !

@TeresaW1020 i’m not sure how you do all that you do!

I really took it much easier today, seeing if a relaxed day will make me sleep better tonight :-). I did get my 10,000 steps in, it was just a little here and there, no major fitness points today LOL. Went to a place centre and had a great time with my grandkids and daughter.
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 282 Member
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 260
    CW: 260
    LTD: 40
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Hi all
    davidji82
    Weigh In Day:Friday
    PW:205.3
    CW:203.7
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @Marcie9278 Welcome to the team!

@stanlfink Welcome again and it's nice to "meet" you!

@laurelfit57 Jicama tastes like a cross between potatoes and apples. I know that sounds strange but the fries are really good! Yeah, I have been dealing with migraines since the Tonal. But I think it has to do with the weather we were having, I get migraines a lot when the weather changes or there is what is called a "Santa Ana" wind here. I was having migraines even on the days that I didn't do the Tonal so there may not be a connection. Yes, they are a lot to deal with! Congrats on getting your 10,000 steps in wow that is great. I'm glad you had a great time with your family.

@davidji82 Congrats on the loss!

@TeresaW1020 I'm so glad to read you are still going to be team captain! Thank you for all that you did as moderator.

Hi all. I had a nice workout yesterday morning and ate pretty decently so that is a win. I was under my calories for the day, too. I'm excited for the weekend, we are getting together with my SIL tomorrow night for drinks and appetizers. We are having vampire's kiss martinis and fun food. We will watch a scary movie or two as well.

100-day challenge commitments:
    1. I will put my utensil down between bites. ✅
    2. Chew slowly and chew enough. ✅
    3. Stop Eating C.R.A.P. Challenge: X

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Username:@leonadixon
    PW 9/29:222.2
    Check in weight (10/6/2021): 222.9
    Check in weight (10/132021): 222.6
    Check in weight (10/20/2021): 222.6
    Check in weight (10/27/2021:225.6 (ugh TOM)
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,476 Member
    @trooworld Thank you for all the great recipes, I saved about 10 of those! Have a great time with your SIL, it sounds like a fun night!

@TeresaW1020 I'm sorry to hear you're stepping down as moderator but I'm so glad you'll still be leading this group, we need you! I know you're really busy too, we're so lucky to have you.

@Marcie9278 Welcome to Slimpossibles!

@Stanlfink Welcome to the gang, Stan! Feel free to jump right in!

@laurelfit57 Did taking it easier help with sleep? I'm glad you had the chance to spend time with your family.

Hi everyone! I'm having a mellow day, I worked out and have been taking it easy since then reading and listening to a podcast. I was going to go to an 80s party tomorrow for my aunt's 50th birthday but decided the drive would be too hard so I'm not going, I'm bummed because I was going to order a new Prince shirt but it won't be here on time even if I do go. I'll probably just go to the food bank farm tomorrow since it's not wet (I have to sit to do things so my butt would've been wet after the storm) then Sunday I may go carve pumpkins with my nephews. Been eating a little too much junk so I need to rein that in. I worked out to "scary" music, most of it was hard rock but I had to slip in Thriller by Michael Jackson, didn't that video premiere on MTV around Halloween? I remember making popcorn and being glued to the TV for World Premiere that I didn't eat it until afterward and I'm always ready to eat! Fun memories. Hope you all are having a great Friday!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 4
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 174.8
    CW: 177.8 :#

Hi Team! I'm doing a quick check-in because it's been a very long couple of days. My husband called me yesterday at noon saying he wasn't feeling well. We were thinking he was having a small stroke or something and I rushed him to the emergency room. It has turned out that he didn't have a stroke. Thank God!! His sodium was very low and the doctors are still trying to find out the cause and how best to keep it from happening again. He will be in the hospital tomorrow and perhaps longer. On top of that, I've had some work obligations that I had to take care of. So, I'm tired and my weight is up but all in all, I'm just thankful that my husband is behaving normally again. He is 78 years old and aging issues are to be expected but I would prefer to wait a good while longer before I have to deal with anything life-altering.

On the topic of me stepping down from being a moderator on F2F, I just needed to take some stuff off my plate. I also left a couple of FB groups that I had been helping with as well. I want to focus my time with groups that I feel a real connection to and of course the Slimpossibles is at the top of that list!! <3

Hopefully, I will be back to respond to you all in the next day or so. :)

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    Your November Chat is now available!

Please continue to weigh-in for October here (through Saturday). Go ahead to the new chat to introduce yourselves and set some goals for the month. What went well for you in October? What would you like to improve? See you there!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10847527/mission-slimpossible-team-chat-november-2021/p1?new=1
  • stanlfink
    stanlfink Posts: 267 Member
    Hi there,

My new weight is 197 lbs for today 10/29/21 which is my weigh in day Fridays.

I started at 199 lbs.

Started off strong with going way below on calories but today was tough since it was a busy day and I was craving. Made up my excess with additional workout. Wishing everyone success! I’d love to get back to where I was pre-Covid. I remember at that time I still had more to conquer. Covid really shook up my life in a bad way. I’m putting on the reverse thrusters now!

Best,

Stan

• krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,809 Member
    🎊100 days challenge🎊
    Day 37 - 29.10.21
    🎉 No unhealthy snacks 🎉 20/100
    🎊 No eating after 7.30 🎊 29/100
    🥳 Exercise every day 🥳 30/100

Unhealthy snacks have been a real challenge! In September I focussed on reducing sugary snacks (biscuits and chocolate etc). I did really well but what I probably did was swap high sugar for more savory snacks.
    I'm still really pleased with my progress and it has helped with figuring out my triggers. If I find myself on the hunt for snacks I can now think about why I'm looking for something to eat and tell myself it's just because I'm tired or stressed etc, then try to do something to combat the trigger.
    I'm finishing this month strongly with a 5 day streak on no unhealthy snacks!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    Week: 4
    PW: 231
    CW: 228.8
    LTD: 19.2
  • RYcare
    RYcare Posts: 78 Member
    Hey everyone, I am finally back!
    Long story short, July to Oct are the busiest at work (I feel like I work 24/7) & I come out stressed and more pounds to lose. In the last 4 months I gained 16 pounds, need to lose them to get back to June weight then start over again.

User: RYcare
    Weight day: Saturday
    CW: 248.2

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Hi MS's ...You have a new member joining you .. Please welcome @Rigibann :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Hi again MS's ....This was posted in on the main page so I thought I would put it here... I already gave him the link for the November Chat :)

New weigh in 10/29/21

Todays new weight is 197 lbs down from start of 199 lbs in this challenge.

I did really well the other day staying under on calories. Today was much harder since I was tired and craving food from working out and being busy all day. But I made up the calories by working out again. Not the best way to lose weight since the best is just to stay under.

Wishing everyone great success

Help! How do I get back to the November 2021 challenge for fat2fit slimtastic team? Could someone send me a link… please.

Best,

Stan

• Firefly743
    Firefly743 Posts: 133 Member
    Firefly743
    ***Weigh In***
    PW: 225.0
    CW: 223.6
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 199 Member
    Tammymccrady6278
    Weigh in day Saturday