What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,589 Member
    The dinner I was planning last night that got pre-empted by dim sum making efforts. Char sieuw pork loin that was batch cooked sous vide and popped into the freezer and finished tonight in the air fryer to brown. Gravy made from the liquid in the sous vide bag was laced with some five spice powder. Green beans blanched a few days ago which were popped into the fridge and finished in butter and chinese chive on the stove. Basmati rice.
    aaa1t6qevw74.jpeg
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Air fried lamb chop coated in za'atar with mashed Stokes Purple® sweet potatoes with added onion, garlic, olive oil and butter. Next time I'll try adding sour cream like I do with regular potatoes to see if that improves the creaminess level. I usually find sweet potatoes too sweet but these aren't so much.

5f9b57dn5kmo.jpeg
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Air fried lamb chop coated in za'atar with mashed Stokes Purple® sweet potatoes with added onion, garlic, olive oil and butter. Next time I'll try adding sour cream like I do with regular potatoes to see if that improves the creaminess level. I usually find sweet potatoes too sweet but these aren't so much.

5f9b57dn5kmo.jpeg

Oooh nice! I just ordered more Za’atar!
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited October 2021
    @Safari_Gal I love za'atar ... I'm thinking it would be good on garlic naan. It works really well with the lamb. We used to grill the lamb chops but now we've completely switched to this method.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,663 Member
    Turkey chili (black and pinto beans) with cheese and a dollop of sour cream. Lemonade water to go with.

6q08hsd2uiqe.jpg
  • janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 434 Member
    y6prr6wlwg3o.jpeg
    Chicken thigh in a mustard sauce (very strong, I’ll have to tweak the ratios next time, but it was delicious!). Red bell pepper and broccoli from my last CSA box for the season.
  • LisaStapleton83
    LisaStapleton83 Posts: 43 Member
    Halloween treats are happening here. Double chocolate ‘slime’ muffins and chocolate and pistachio cookies. I’ve only had one ☝️… so far 🤫🤪p99owpulhlyw.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Szechuan di san xian where potatoes and aubergines were cooked in the air fryer. Thai chicken with garlic chive. Sticky rice.
    nf4xiexlmoaf.jpeg

• LisaStapleton83
    acpgee wrote: »
    Szechuan di san xian where potatoes and aubergines were cooked in the air fryer. Thai chicken with garlic chive. Sticky rice.
    nf4xiexlmoaf.jpeg

That Thai chicken looks so yummy 😋 🤤

• acpgee

I deviated a little from this recipe in that I doused the sliced chicken breast in cornstarch before stir frying. It does mean you need a good non stick pan or tempered cast iron frying pan or tempered carbon steel wok as otherwise the cornstarch wants to stick badly. If you can't find Chinese chive, use regular chive or spring onion.
    https://www.thaicookbook.tv/thai-recipes/main-dishes/garlic-chives-with-sliced-chicken/
  • LisaStapleton83
    edited October 2021

I deviated a little from this recipe in that I doused the sliced chicken breast in cornstarch before stir frying. It does mean you need a good non stick pan or tempered cast iron frying pan or tempered carbon steel wok as otherwise the cornstarch wants to stick badly. If you can't find Chinese chive, use regular chive or spring onion.
    https://www.thaicookbook.tv/thai-recipes/main-dishes/garlic-chives-with-sliced-chicken/

I never knew to cornstarch my chicken until I watched a Chinese cooking channel on YouTube. My kids love chicken and broccoli in oyster sauce and the chicken is so much nicer now I corn starch it. Thanks for the link, I will definitely try the recipe 🙂🙃
  • LisaStapleton83
    I don’t know what happened there ⬆️ my reply got mixed up in the quote 😁