What's on your mind?

Replies

• honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,416 Member
    I’m rubber,
    you’re glue,
    whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    I’m rubber,
    you’re glue,
    whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you.

Sticks and stones
    may break my bones
    but words will never hurt me

Aah.. childhood. I forgot all about those lines. On the other hand, if we still lived in the era of challenging someone to a duel, maybe they wouldn't be talking all that smack to you if it meant pistols at dusk

yvwvac5rybit.jpg

Excuse me, I'm no expert, but I thought dueling was at dawn. At least in all the films and romance novels.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Why do adults dress up for Halloween? I'm not trying to judge or disparage, just trying to understand. What's fun about it? I don't get it. Admittedly, I'm not a holiday person. I'm not much of a people person, either.. so holidays + people = not for me. But I can usually understand the appeal. But aside from the candy (which I can buy year round, BTW), I just don't get Halloween as an adult.
  • Arc2Arc
    Arc2Arc Posts: 484 Member
    steelrod1 wrote: »
    So I did a double on cardio this morning, jamming to some classic rock. Was in a great mood today. I finish up and looking forward to spending time in the sauna, a regular practice after my cardio, then pool time. So I'm sweating my "kitten" off and get visited by a couple interested in opening their glands, one male one female. So they begin telling me about this 80 year old creaper at the gym, hitting on women making unwanted advances and even cornering them in the parking lot. The story continues and everyone is afraid to say anything because he's an old dude and this and that. Crap I'm 63 , keep your hands to yourself, Oug. Someone needs a punch in the nose.

Kudos for admitting your age. ☺️ ✌️
    I was surprised by how many men lie about their age, I thought only women did that.
    I’m only 3yrs behind you. Turned 60 this yr. 😃

I despise when people lie about their age. Be real! Accept who you are! I'm 51. Wait 56...ok 53.
  • honey_honey_12
    $249 for a pair of cargo pants. Made of cotton. I do believe my flabber is gasted. At what point in time did charging obscene, nonsensical prices become so fashionable? I'm all about fashion and high-quality, but I ain't high, know what I mean?

If you live in the US, get ready, they’re going to get even more expensive. 💲💲💲💲
    We all know why………….
  • steelrod1
    steelrod1 Posts: 127 Member
    $249 for a pair of cargo pants. Made of cotton. I do believe my flabber is gasted. At what point in time did charging obscene, nonsensical prices become so fashionable? I'm all about fashion and high-quality, but I ain't high, know what I mean?

If you live in the US, get ready, they’re going to get even more expensive. 💲💲💲💲
    We all know why………….

AGREE.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,582 Member
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Why do adults dress up for Halloween? I'm not trying to judge or disparage, just trying to understand. What's fun about it? I don't get it. Admittedly, I'm not a holiday person. I'm not much of a people person, either.. so holidays + people = not for me. But I can usually understand the appeal. But aside from the candy (which I can buy year round, BTW), I just don't get Halloween as an adult.

It's the one day a year where it's acceptable as an adult to dress up and be someone you aren't. What's not to like about that?

Unless you're in an...um...adventurous relationship. Or hire a hooker.

:)
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Literally why not? Dressing up is so fun!
  • honey_honey_12

We all know why………….

Supply chain problems? Low inventory but a high demand?

Yes
  • steelrod1
    steelrod1 Posts: 127 Member

We all know why………….

Yes

Wait, I agree with supply issues. Low inventory, and high demand, but what is causing the high demand ? A bunch of average Americans with extra cash to spend. Don't think so. We have been squeezed for months, more then a year now, covid, so of course the demand is high. Wait times for goods have been months for a year now, prior to the ships stacking up at our ports. Conspiracy perhaps on part by our own government maybe. Do what you can in our own world. Do the right thing stand up for honor integrity truth what ever that means to you. Just don't infringe on mine.
  • honey_honey_12

We all know why………….

Yes

It's insane where vehicle prices are going. Even rental cars. I remember the days when I could rent a compact car for between $25 - $35 a day. Nowadays, 75 to $100.

As far as clothing, though, charging obscene prices seems to have been fashionable since long before covid. Walk into Nordstrom or Neiman Marcus and you'll see jeans for $300, $400, Etc. They really don't look much better than a $70 or $80 pair of jeans from Banana Republic.

I agree with you.
    But to be fair, some clothing you definitely get what you pay for. ☺️

Imo, nothing at all to do with Covid, nothing.
  • honey_honey_12
    I will step away before I say something the masses don’t like and I get in trouble. 🙄