What’s your food weakness?

Replies

• MartyD63
    MartyD63 Posts: 1 Member
    Potato crisps for sure. Can't put them down, addicted to them.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    dried figs/dates - all the nut and seed butters...dates stuffed with nut butter and topped w/ chocolate and flaked sea salt...omg...
  • ToffeeApple71
    ToffeeApple71 Posts: 117 Member
    Bread. I read somewhere "bread is just a vehicle for calories". In my case-so true! I have to avoid bread.... it's not possible just to eat one slice🤣🤣
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    Bread. I read somewhere "bread is just a vehicle for calories". In my case-so true! I have to avoid bread.... it's not possible just to eat one slice🤣🤣

Same here. I attempt to avoid keeping bread in the house because it's one of the things I have extreme trouble keeping in check.
  • Walkywalkerson
    Walkywalkerson Posts: 453 Member
    l3ql6e1cipd0.png
  • mk820820
    mk820820 Posts: 49 Member
    FOOD...except onions and peppers
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,708 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    dried figs/dates - all the nut and seed butters...dates stuffed with nut butter and topped w/ chocolate and flaked sea salt...omg...

My language!
  • VegjoyP
    Peanut butter. I love my peanut butter
  • Arc2Arc
    Arc2Arc Posts: 484 Member
    Bacon. Haven't had any for months but man I love it. It isn't really the calories it's practically everything else.

Oh... and homemade potato chips there's a place 50 yards away that makes the best.

Honorable Mention: Cheese...and wine.
  • UberAya
    UberAya Posts: 94 Member
    Starbucks. >.<
    In everyway the worst...calories, sugar, $$
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,812 Member
    Oreos
  • HickGurl73
    HickGurl73 Posts: 31 Member
    TEX-MEX - MEXICAN ...... Geez.... I can smell it now.... :D:D
  • perryc05
    perryc05 Posts: 209 Member
    edited November 2021
    I like fish and chips but to be honest I REALLY like the battered sausages you get from chip shops so I will sometimes indulge in a battered sausage and a serve of chips dowsed in ketchup. Cheap meal! I also like the black and white puddings they sell which are also battered. Haggis is okay for me too although it tends to be a bit grainy textured at times. All occasional treats :)
  • pigmetal
    pigmetal Posts: 14 Member
    Those Cheetos "naturals" puffs white cheddar and fried chicken preferably spicy
  • GwinnCG
    GwinnCG Posts: 7 Member
    Mac and cheese, Japanese noodles, I cannot forget ice coffee, coffee is my weakness
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Sushi 🍣😚
  • AmyE26
    AmyE26 Posts: 43 Member
    It was bread, but I'm actually allergic to it now and I really don't like gluten free bread. Chocolate is another one, I haven't had any in a while and haven't been wanting it, but if I have some, I'll start wanting it again. Also indian and chinese takeaways,Thai food and fish and chips.
  • dontlikepeople
    dontlikepeople Posts: 132 Member
    Food in general. I love to eat. The pandemic lock down had me ordering from grub hub 7 days a week. If I had to pinpoint a "culprit" I'd have to say flour. Anything that has flour (pizza crust, to sandwich bread, to cake) just sends me into a feeding frenzy. Carbs are fine, but there's something special about flour that makes me ravenous.
  • VegjoyP
    edited December 2021
    @VegjoyP if the sweets are hard to do completely without, try to train your taste buds to do with less sugar. For example, make cake frosting with half or a quarter the amount of sugars you’d normally use and instead increase fat content for satiety. Your body metabolizes sugars and fats differently. I bet your mom made some of the best stuff!

I don't have them nor sugar! I eat a whole food plant baseddiey and really love it! I like that stuff but it's not a weakness literally. Plus I have found endless things that are substitutes or alternative recipes! And yes healthy fats make huge difference!