NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,547 Member
    Morning all, I went for a quick bike ride yesterday...baby girl when I first tried to leave just screamed, not wanting me to leave and she didn't want to go with...but after a little "I'll be right back's...she let me go without crying..LOL. I still bombed on my eating...I got hungry about 8:30 and didn't eat well...went for a bowl of cereal and then a little Debbie cake...UGH

@trooworld How fun to have hands in a photo setting...mine are ugly and old. LOL. I hope you feel better today!!

@gemwolf110 That stinks about oil leaks...hopefully after this time in the shop it will be the last one for a LONG time!!! Praying you hear good news about the job!!

cbabie
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @theslightedgeforever Fall is definitely my favorite time of year. My plans for the rest of the year: keep working out on the Tonal, keep trying to stay under my daily goal, and track honestly. Yeah, the hand modeling thing was fun! :) Your plan is a good one. That's interesting that you do better at restaurants and parties. Maybe because you are super focused during those times?

@cbabie Baby girl, the drama queen lol! It was fun to be a hand model. My hands aren't the greatest either lol. I hope YOU feel better today than the other day! How's your depression?

Hi all. I'm excited for the weekend, my SIL is coming over on Saturday night for appetizers and drinks and we are all going to be in costumes. But I've got a lot of stuff to do on Saturday before the get-together.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • cbabie
    Morning all, I got to go on a bike ride yesterday...it was hard, my heart rate got to 120 and my thighs were killing me..LOL. BUT again I ate after 8pm...but it's been a bowl of cereal and a little Debbie cake...So got to get rid of those. Baby girl is behind me eating string cheese..LOL. I think her diet has cheese, potatoes, (carbs) and sugar...I get protein in her by shakes and chicken nuggets and PB..Oh to have her metabolism..LOL. Last night she wanted chicken sticks (fish sticks). She took a bite and said they were sour...I thought oh my...they were no good..NOPE I took a bite and they were good...I think for the first time, she realized they are not chicken... :). She has always called them chicken..

@trooworld I laughed when I read your post...you are always doing social activities home and abroad..LOL. I am glad you love people, you always make me smile. Thank you my depression is gone...

@theslightedgeforever I for sure laughed when I read about your daughter telling you...( I can hear her in my head). She's like my DH straight to the point. Your plan sounds good...my plan? I just keep trying..

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Nobody click on that link.
  • trooworld
    @cbabie That's good you rode the bike. When I want a treat, I have these mini ice cream cones I get from Trader Joe's, they are only 90 calories each. It satisfies me. Yes, I, too wish I had that metabolism! That's funny about the fish sticks! :) Haha I try to have fun! ;) I'm glad I can make you smile, that made my day. <3 Glad the depression is gone.

Hello all. I hope you didn't click on that link lol. I worked out yesterday morning, only taking my Naproxen, and I didn't get a headache so yay. I may work out later today but not this morning. I ate pretty well yesterday but I did get into the Trader Joe's "reduced guilt" potato chips. I also had one mini ice cream cone. But that's pretty decent. I was under my calories for the day, too.

• cbabie
    Morning, I went on a bike ride yesterday morning and on the way back home got a flat tire and had to walk my bike home. I have to get a new tube and put in the bike. Then yesterday afternoon I tweaked my back..I think it's because I was so tense...I have someone in my life that just sends me into a tizzy if I let that person and yesterday was one of them. I ate so so, and hopefully I can get some kind of exercise today and work on my "stress" tolerance. LOL

@trooworld So glad you got to work out with no headache. What a blessing. I like the name reduced guilt chips..LOL. Stress and guilt are the things that will kill us, not guns and swords..LOL YEA for under calories...

Cbabie
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Hello all! I'm doing a quick check-in because I'm exhausted and need to go veg in front of the TV. Yesterday my 78-year-old husband called saying he wasn't feeling well. I thought he was having a stroke or something and took him to the emergency room. The doctors ruled out stroke after a bunch of tests and discovered that his sodium was very low. He was admitted and they are trying to figure out the cause. He is much improved today and has been put on sodium tablets. We are hoping that he can come home tomorrow but it might be longer. Ugghhh, husbands!! :#
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Hello all! I'm doing a quick check-in because I'm exhausted and need to go veg in front of the TV. Yesterday my 78-year-old husband called saying he wasn't feeling well. I thought he was having a stroke or something and took him to the emergency room. The doctors ruled out stroke after a bunch of tests and discovered that his sodium was very low. He was admitted and they are trying to figure out the cause. He is much improved today and has been put on sodium tablets. We are hoping that he can come home tomorrow but it might be longer. Ugghhh, husbands!! :#

Oh no! I hope he feels better soon and is able to come home. Sending hugs and prayers.
  • gemwolf110
    5fq2bwawfwtw.jpeg
  • trooworld
    edited October 2021
    @cbabie That sucks about the flat tire. :( Your back, that stinks. Can you do some stretching exercises to help it? Would that help? Yeah I'm glad I didn't have a headache yesterday either. Today, I have a headache. It started coming on last night. :( I like the name of those chips, too! lol Yep, stress, and guilt!

@TeresaW1020 Oh gosh, that must be so stressful! I'll be thinking good thoughts.

Hello all. I lost 2.2 lbs this week, which I am glad about and a little surprised considering my weekend in CO. But I'll take it! Today is going to be a busy day. I have to take my car into the shop for a recall fix, I have to get groceries, and then tonight my SIL is coming over for a Halloween celebration. I am making appetizers and a drink called the Vampire's Kiss Martini. One of the appetizers I am making is a veggie tray that looks like a skeleton (see below). I am not making the guacamole Frankenstein nor the brie and cheddar graveyard, just the person. It should be a lot of fun.

embzs4yzd940.png
  • cbabie
    Morning all, well my back is still tweaked, it's mostly bending and/or bending and lifting baby girl. I did go on a 1 mile bike ride yesterday on an extra bike we have...my back was okay except for the bumps.LOL. I haven't finished tracking, so I don't really know how I did yesterday eating..but I ate what I ate. LOL

@TeresaW1020 I am so sorry to hear about your DH, yes I pray he comes home sooner than later. I pray peace over you. I don't know that I have ever had low sodium.. ( I don't even add salt to my food except potatoes. LOL
    HUGS!!!!

@trooworld LOL you are the creative food person in our group. We look to you for the unusual! :). You make food fun. LOL. Yea the loss!!!!!! Yes I need to stretch...I think it's some stress in my life that caused it to tweak. Hence I am trying to go for bike rides...it's a great stress reliever.

@gemwolf110 love the flowers...happy Saturday to you too!!

cbabie
  • gemwolf110
    I got cooking this morning the usual quiche but had a craving for French toast too. Had a bunch of bread that I didn’t want to go bad so I made a French toast casserole as well. Which is delicious!!!!

d8abjq1d8mvf.jpeg
  • trooworld
    @cbabie Back issues are the worst! I'm sorry yours still hurts. I didn't track at all yesterday, there were too many appetizers lol. Yes, I am unusual lol...I stick out everywhere, I do! Sometimes I like that and sometimes I do not. I'm glad you find the bike rides stress relief. Keep it up!

@gemwolf110 That looks good.

Hello all. I had so much fun last night. The food was good and the company was good and it was just great. I didn't track yesterday at all, I tend to do that when there are a lot of appetizer-type of foods. We also had a drink called the Vampire's Kiss, it was good but strong. I forgot what a bad idea it is to drink the night before you donate blood and I'm donating blood at 10:10 this morning so we'll see how that goes. Before that, I am meeting one of my best friends to go for a walk at the lake I like to go to. Anyway, here are some pictures from my evening. My husband dressed up as Dracula and it was really funny but I don't think he would like it if I posted a pic of him lol.

utg9fc4nwond.jpg
    ou5qs7iso0w3.jpg
    dl57g922djan.jpg
    kqdhvks2620w.jpg
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    @cbabie I hope your back feels better

@teresaw1020 How is your hubby? My friend was drinking too much water and she had a problem with low sodium and ended up in the hospital for a day. She said I thought we were supposed to drink alot of water. I guess you never know. lol

@gemwolf110 How was your weekend? What good thing did you do for yourself?

@trooworld I love the costume. The food looks wonderful. It sounded like a nice party.

So tomorrow is a new month and begins the holiday season. What are your plans to minimize the damage and not start 2022 with a higher weight?

• trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever Thanks. It was a lot of fun. I guess my plans for the holidays are to continue what I am doing and try to be more strict with my snacking. How about you?

Hello all. I gave blood yesterday and was so tired, I think because I didn't get enough sleep on Saturday night. When I got back from giving blood, I took a 1-hr nap. We ordered poke delivery and then I went to bed at 6:30. I feel better today.

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @trooworld Congrats on your loss this week! You always do something fun for Halloween and I love your costume! My scary night was watching the final episode of Halloween Wars and handing out candy to some trick or treaters. :grin:

@cbabie Sorry that you tweaked your back. I’m sure the bike riding is probably good for your back. Just be careful with lifting that little girl. She must be pretty heavy now.

@gemwolf110 Your quiche and French toast casserole look soooo good! I’m thinking they would make a great breakfast for Christmas morning for my little family. Now I just need the recipes. ;)

@theslightedgeforever Hubby details below, but you are right that we always think we need lots of water and that is not always the case. And yes, it’s time to figure out how to minimize the next two months so that we don’t enter into 2022 with a big gain and even bigger regrets. More on that below too. :)

Good morning! Well, DH came home yesterday afternoon with sodium tablets and instructions to strictly limit his fluids. He will call his primary today and she will begin monitoring him. The hospital doctors don’t know why this happened and it could a one-time thing where his body’s sodium became wacky and will regulate itself. That is what we are praying for! :)

And now to theslightedgeforever question on what to do for the next two months so that going into 2022 is a positive and not a negative. First thing is to get back on my nutrition and to working out. I have Thanksgiving at church and home, two Christmas parties, and Christmas Day. That is only 5 days where I will go off plan. But it’s NOT two months of going off-plan and I think that is important to remember. And if I up stick to my workouts and stay super focused on my eating on most days, I think I could end the year feeling good. I just need no unforeseen events to occur and derail the plan. ;):o
  • gemwolf110
    edited November 2021
    @trooworld Congrats on your loss this week! You always do something fun for Halloween and I love your costume! My scary night was watching the final episode of Halloween Wars and handing out candy to some trick or treaters. :grin:

@cbabie Sorry that you tweaked your back. I’m sure the bike riding is probably good for your back. Just be careful with lifting that little girl. She must be pretty heavy now.

@gemwolf110 Your quiche and French toast casserole look soooo good! I’m thinking they would make a great breakfast for Christmas morning for my little family. Now I just need the recipes. ;)

@theslightedgeforever Hubby details below, but you are right that we always think we need lots of water and that is not always the case. And yes, it’s time to figure out how to minimize the next two months so that we don’t enter into 2022 with a big gain and even bigger regrets. More on that below too. :)

Good morning! Well, DH came home yesterday afternoon with sodium tablets and instructions to strictly limit his fluids. He will call his primary today and she will begin monitoring him. The hospital doctors don’t know why this happened and it could a one-time thing where his body’s sodium became wacky and will regulate itself. That is what we are praying for! :)

And now to theslightedgeforever question on what to do for the next two months so that going into 2022 is a positive and not a negative. First thing is to get back on my nutrition and to working out. I have Thanksgiving at church and home, two Christmas parties, and Christmas Day. That is only 5 days where I will go off plan. But it’s NOT two months of going off-plan and I think that is important to remember. And if I up stick to my workouts and stay super focused on my eating on most days, I think I could end the year feeling good. I just need no unforeseen events to occur and derail the plan. ;):o

I hope it’s an one time thing for him! That must have been scary!

And here are the recipes!
    Frittata Quiche Recipe-
    In 9” pie pan mix together:
    Spray Pam cooking spray
    Put one container of stop and shop diced frittata mix
    Parmesan cheese
    Shredded cheese I usually use the 4 cheese mix
    2 links of lightlife sausage diced

In separate bowl Mix together make it like scrambled egg mixture:
    10 eggs
    Salt and pepper to taste
    Milk (I eye ball it)

Pour egg mixture into pie plate stir to mix everything together. Set oven to 425 degrees and cook for 15 minutes then bring down to 375 for 20-30 minutes. I put mine in for 30 and it gets that brown color so it may not need to go that long on 375.

BAKED FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE
    COURSE: BREAKFASTCUISINE: AMERICANKEYWORD: BAKED FRENCH TOAST, FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE PREP TIME: 5 MINUTESCOOK TIME: 40 MINUTESRESTING TIME: 10 MINUTESTOTAL TIME: 55 MINUTES SERVINGS: 6 SERVINGS CALORIES: 367KCAL AUTHOR: JULIE KOTZBACH
    Baked French Toast Casserole is a breakfast classic that's devoured anytime I make it! This simple breakfast casserole never goes out of style!
    INGREDIENTS
    1 loaf French bread 1-2 days old (or whatever bread you have. I used a loaf of wonder white bread)
    2 1/4 cups milk
    6 eggs
    2 tablespoons sugar
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla
    TOPPING
    2 tablespoons sugar
    1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    2 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
    INSTRUCTIONS
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat the inside of a 9-inch x 13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
    Cut the French bread loaf into 1-inch cubes (about 5 to 6 cups). Place bread cubes into the prepared dish.
    In a large bowl, beat together milk, eggs, 2 tablespoons sugar, salt, and vanilla. Pour egg mixture over bread cubes.
    Gently press down on the bread to help it soak up the custard mixture. Let the casserole stand for 10 minutes.
    Break butter into small pieces and place it all over the top of your casserole.
    Combine 2 tablespoons sugar with cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over the top of the casserole.
    Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until the top is golden brown and crispy.
    Remove from the oven. You can serve immediately or let rest for 5 minutes for easier cutting. Top with syrup and some berries if you like.
    NUTRITION
    Calories: 367kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 181mg | Sodium: 544mg | Potassium: 270mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 444IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 164mg | Iron: 3mg
    Baked French Toast Casserole https://breadboozebacon.com/french-toast-casserole/
  • gemwolf110
    @cbabie I hope your back feels better

@teresaw1020 How is your hubby? My friend was drinking too much water and she had a problem with low sodium and ended up in the hospital for a day. She said I thought we were supposed to drink alot of water. I guess you never know. lol

@gemwolf110 How was your weekend? What good thing did you do for yourself?

@trooworld I love the costume. The food looks wonderful. It sounded like a nice party.

So tomorrow is a new month and begins the holiday season. What are your plans to minimize the damage and not start 2022 with a higher weight?

Weekend was good. Worked my second job Saturday until midnight. Was exhausted on Sunday. Tried to rake the front yard but leaves were still too wet. Then my sister, her fiancé and their friend came over and helped decorate the house and passed out candy. Went throw almost 2 big bags. Brought the rest to work for the office candy jar. Other employees will eat the candy for me lol 😂.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    @trooworld I'm going to really concentrate on adding red days back in once I've settled back into my routine. I've got a couple of days left here and then go home and clean. I bet the dust bunnies are big and hopping around. I wish they'd clean up.

@teresaw1020 That sounds like a good plan you have. 5 days is right versus 2 months. That's what gets us all I think. Or 3 1/2 months of vacation. lol Dh and I had total different outlooks on this time with our kids. He says he wasn't on vacation.

@gemwolf110 Thanks for the recipe. The french toast casserole looks really good. Raking leaves is hard work I think. Burns lots of calories. Good for you for getting the candy out of the house.

My foot really hurts. I had a hard time walking today. So I'm going to rest my foot til I get back. It was feeling really good and I had just said two days ago that my foot was better now. I walked and now back to hurting. Probably the best thing I can do is lose weight and reduce the strain on my foot.
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 Thank you! I do try. ;) I love Halloween Wars, and handing out to trick or treaters is fun too! I'm glad your DH is home. I'm sure hoping it was a one-time thing. You bring up a good point: the holidays are limited days, in my case, they are only 2 days. There is no need to make it a Thanksgivingachristmas up to 2022.

@theslightedgeforever That sounds like a good plan. I like how Teresa pointed out that it is 5 days, not 2 months. That's something I need to keep in mind for myself, it's 2 days for me. How long have you been gone? 4 months now? LOL I wish the dust bunnies would clean up for me too. ;) I'm sorry your foot hurts. Do you think it is plantar fasciitis? Yes, losing weight would probably help.

Hi all. Yesterday was a tough day, I ended up being tired and my eyes were sore all day like I had sand in them. I'll try to remember to bring drops with me today to work. As far as eating goes, I ate pretty well yesterday. I did have 2 of my husband's homemade Thin Mints. Wait, I take that back: I didn't want yogurt for breakfast at work so I bought a sausage and egg english muffin sandwich and tater tots for breakfast. :( But I was still under in my calories for the day so it's all good.