Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2021

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @Cornanda @laurelfit57 @cherrymajoni @Firefly743 Woo hoo way to make the leaderboard!

@laurelfit57 @tammymccrady6278 25 lbs down, wow, that's great!

@jwhitegarcia That sounds like a lot of activity!

@renaegry @krea4 Congrats on the losses.

@TeresaW1020 It was fun! Did you get a lot of trick or treaters? I'm glad your husband was released from the hospital. Hopefully the meds help him.

@Marmelade75689 Welcome to the team! I've also been fighting my weight for decades. It is getting old, time to conquer!

Hi all. I walked with my friend for an hour yesterday, it was a nice time walking by the lake. After that, I gave blood and then was wiped out so I took a nap. I didn't feel like cooking so we ordered poke bowls. They are pretty much the healthiest thing we can get delivered if I get it with lettuce instead of rice. Have a good day, all.

100-day challenge commitments:
    1. I will put my utensil down between bites. ✅
    2. Chew slowly and chew enough. ✅
    3. Stop Eating C.R.A.P. Challenge: ✅

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • trooworld
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @krea4 Good job on doing so well with the CRAP challenge. Just try to stay mindful on the days when there isn’t a birthday and that will help balance it all out. :)

@Marmelade75689 Hi Marie! Welcome to the team. Being a part of an accountability and support group can be super helpful in your health journey. So, post often! ;)

@trooworld We had about 15 trick or treaters, so that was fun. I am super glad that he isn’t in the hospital as well. :grin:

Hi Team! Today has been a good day and hubby and I are both happy to be at home. He is feeling much better and will go to his primary tomorrow to have blood drawn to check his sodium. He hates not being able to drink coffee and can only have 6 cups of total fluids. He is used to drinking all day long. I’ve been stuck at my desk catching up on a ton of work. This is not a good time of year for me to be out of commission, but I’m mostly caught up now so I feel much more in control and on top of my to-do list.

Today is day 40 of the 100-day challenge to the New Year and my weight is up 4.6 lbs. Soooo I need to get it together and turn that around ASAP!! :# I’m back to eating on plan and I did a good workout this morning.
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    I’m Gabi from Northern VA, almost 50 yo, with a desk job and 15lb to goal. I have been in this group a little over a year and while I lost in the beginning, I soon relaxed and have been maintaining for many months.
    My main form of exercise is walking with or without the dog, and tried lately to incorporate some stretches and light BWE while watching TV at night, to befriend said scale.
    I love numbers and totally agree with CICO being the answer, and still find 1000 ways to complicate this simple formula.
    Welcome to all new members and good luck!
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 I like your new profile pic, btw! That's a nice amount of trick or treaters, not too many that you need to buy a bunch of candy. I'm glad your DH is feeling better. Wow, that's not a lot of fluids! I would hate to give up coffee, too. Is that permanent? Day 40...wow. I can't believe it, the time is flying!

Hello all. I did so-so yesterday but I did end up with a calorie deficit so that was good. I'm doing a workout this morning and then heading to work where I will probably do some physical labor for at least part of the day. It should be a pretty active day.

3. Stop Eating C.R.A.P. Challenge: X

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    @trooworld - wow, your Halloween shindig looks amazing! Love your make up! How was your active day? We had ONE trick or treater! Thank you for the visual of how much weight I've lost. A tire! Love it!

@Rigibann @TeresaW1020 - I too thought of Dr Suess when I read the name of your town.

@Rigibann - my current favs on Youtube are HAS fit and C Dorner fitness. What are yours?

@Marmelade75689 - welcome!

@laurelfit57 @tammymccrady6278 - Congrats on 25!

@TeresaW1020 - Glad hubby is home, hope the sodium looks better today so he can have some coffee. I feel better when I catch up on work. Right now I'm horribly behind, and yet here I am posting instead of doing it. :p

I'm Lisa and I live in Florida with my husband. Our two kids are off at college most of the time. I'm 53, have struggled with my weight since young adulthood. This group has helped me learn some better habits and become a healthier me.

Kids were here this weekend for a birthday celebration and some cake plus "fun" eating is definitely showing on the scale this week. I'm getting my show back on the road today- got my exercise planned and some healthy meals for the rest of the week!

• vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,113 Member
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    PW: 191.0
    CW: 192.6

TOM has left, so hopefully I'll see those numbers start to come back down.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,113 Member
    My intro:

Hello to all the new teamies! I am a single mom of 3 adult children. My son, Marcus, is 26 and in the Navy, stationed in Virginia. My oldest daughter, Sydney, is 24 and lives with her husband, Nick, about an hour south of me, and my youngest daughter, Hunter, is 21 and is still at home with me. She has been vegan for almost 3 years. I recently adopted a sweet little rabbit and I named her Kismet. I love to rubber stamp (I’m a Stampin’ Up demo) and make cards. I'm an active member of my church (Board member), and also love horror movies and books. I have worked in Community Development at my County for almost 17 years. I initially went plant based vegan to lose weight and I lost about 50 pounds. As I went along, I learned more about the animal cruelty side of veganism and transitioned from vegan for my health to vegan for the animals. I then fell into the junk food/fast food/convenience food trap and currently have about 40 pounds to get rid of. I love being part of this team!

2021 Mantras: WITH PURPOSE and NO MORE EXCUSES
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    @TeresaW1020 I'm so glad your husband was released and the pills are helping him.

I'm just going to do my intro, I'm way behind! I'm Kathy, I'm 50 in live in the Sacramento area in CA with four cats and an ex-boyfriend. I'm a team motivator along with @trooworld though I haven't been as active as I should be in this group lately. I have multiple health challenges the most limiting being CRPS. I hit goal and gained a little less than half back with my health issues. I would like to get back to around 150 (165 now) but I'm not in a huge rush. I do chair cardio, stretching and weights. I just started doing squats and lunges again and haven't fallen over yet in 4 days, woohoo! I try to eat on the anti-inflammatory side. I read a lot, garden, then do some volunteering at the food bank farm and for a local group in this area.
  • GabiV125
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Thursday
    PW: 133.5
    CW: 132.5
    Weekend visiting my daughter on the other coast was excellent with lots of talks, walks, laughs and … carry out.
    Cold weather is finally starting in VA too, the south type of cold of course 😁, and I want to make it matter. It’s pretty annoying to be smack in the stereotypes: 50lb with pregnancy, less flexible or active with age, hurting here and there because I use them 2 times a year, etc. Off to start my battle now!
  • GabiV125
    Omg, I completely forgot I changed my day to Thursday. Just use it for tomorrow please Broncobuddy
  • trooworld
    @Cornanda Thank you, it was a lot of fun! Well, my active day started off active (I did a workout on our Tonal) but then I didn't end up doing the physical work at my job that I expected. I will probably do it today instead (moving lots of magazine boxes which weigh about 5-10 lbs each from low to high shelves and in between shelves). That's a bummer you only had one trick or treater! We used to live somewhere that we only got one family every year but it was a big family and we spoiled them with the best candy because we knew that they would be the only family and we wanted them to come back the next year lol. Where we live now, we don't get any. :( It sounds like you have a good plan for the rest of the week and getting back on track.

@GabiV125 I'm glad you had a good time with your daughter.

HI all. I had a good day yesterday, I was active in the morning (did a workout on our Tonal) but then the rest of the day ended up pretty stationary. I hope to be more active today but I do have a headache so I am not working out this morning. I ended yesterday with a 558 calorie deficit and if I stick to my plan today, I will have at least a 400 calorie deficit by the end of the day.

3. Stop Eating C.R.A.P. Challenge: X

• leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Username:@leonadixon
    PW 10/27: 225.6
    Check in weight (11/3/2021): 223.3
    Check in weight (11/10/2021):
    Check in weight (11/17/2021):
    Check in weight (11/24/2021:

Back on track!

I haven't done an introduction in a long while.

My name is Leona. I am 48 years old, and have been fighting with my weight and self confidence my whole life. I was down to 150 pounds back in 2014 but slowly gained all my weight back plus about 25.

I am buckling down in an attempt to be able to enjoy my grandchildren while they are still kiddos and want to. Right now, my long term goal is to lose 60 pounds. I am taking it day to day though so as to not become discouraged.

Happy Hump Day!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @trooworld, new profile pic because the other one disappeared. Weird! :|

@Cornanda I feel at times that most of my work is compiling to-do lists. :D Birthday cake is soooo good but we do pay the price for having it. I’m trying to get back on track myself.

@Katmary71 Thank you, he is doing much better and hopefully will continue to improve. :)

@vegan4lyfe2012 Ohhh my goodness! I am praying right now for your daughter and for you. <3

Hi Team! I went to work today and did my bookkeeper training. There sure is a lot of stuff to keep track of! I’m slowly getting the hang of it all. I pray!! :grin: It’s cold and windy and feels like winter. I’m not ready for that yet!! :s
    Day 42 of the 100-day challenge— I took the day off from working out and my eating has been good.
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • RYcare
    RYcare Posts: 78 Member
    Happy Hump Day!

I am getting back on track this week. Eating healthier & exercising. The weight this morning was 2 pounds down from Saturday's weight, while I know most of it is water but I am happy and know I am on the right path.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Prayers for your daughter, let us know how she is when you get the chance.

@trooworld I hope the headache improves today, great job on the deficit!

@GabiV125 Your time with your daughter sounds wonderful! As for the stereotypes let's go for "gets better with age" instead of the other stuff!

@leonadixon I just know those grandchildren will love their active grandma!

@TeresaW1020 So glad your husband is on the mend!

@RYcare You're starting November off two lbs thinner, way to go!

Hi everyone! Nothing much going on here, ran errands and worked out, I started adding in some leg exercises which feels both great to do but also like my legs are going to explode (they won't). I started my Christmas shopping last night, it felt good to get two people and stockings out of the way. Have a great Wednesday!
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 467 Member
    Just a really quick check in, this not sleeping has been knocking me on my butt.
    @TeresaW1020 so sorry that happened with your husband, that must’ve been scary! I know with seniors electrolytes can wreak such havoc!! Glad they were able to quickly get a handle on it!
    @vegan4lyfe2012 I am so sorry that you are going through this with your daughter, your poor daughter! That really has to be so scary for both of you, you are definitely in my thoughts and prayers♥️
    My day isn’t so busy tomorrow, so I will check in, in the afternoon, when I still have some brain cells left
  • lose4me71
    lose4me71 Posts: 36 Member
    Username lose4me71
    Pw 304.1
    CW 302.4
This discussion has been closed.